Australian Disneyland Fans

Hello all,

I just got back from my first Disneyland trip and I am in love with it. Having some serious post disneyland depression now though!

Problem is however, that I live in Melbourne, Australia! Not say for me to get back there anytime soon (or affordable).

i thought I would start this thread for other Aussies (or anyone else for that matter) to chat about how they deal with the Post Disneyland Depression and to discuss any cheap deals for Australians to get to Anaheim or any competitions with a trip to disneyland as the prize even!

• MaliBOOMer

Re: Australian Disneyland Fans

Quote Originally Posted by bjmort View Post
    Hello all,

I just got back from my first Disneyland trip and I am in love with it. Having some serious post disneyland depression now though!

Problem is however, that I live in Melbourne, Australia! Not say for me to get back there anytime soon (or affordable).

i thought I would start this thread for other Aussies (or anyone else for that matter) to chat about how they deal with the Post Disneyland Depression and to discuss any cheap deals for Australians to get to Anaheim or any competitions with a trip to disneyland as the prize even!
    This does it for me,

Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Minion

ORWEN: Would you at least be able to afford a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland, bjmort, duckling? Maybe that would be a cheaper trip for you?

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Also look into Shanghai when it opens. If you start planning for that one it will be about the same time as it opens. Also look into Tokyo (best foreign Disney Park)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

How often do any Aussies on here visit the American parks?

• Artistic integrity

....... and to discuss any cheap deals for Australians to get to Anaheim or any competitions with a trip to disneyland as the prize even!
    Whenever I pass by my local Flight Centre agency .. the front window posts deals to the DLR .. and they are not overly expensive. Of course, they come with restrictions ... but with airflight, and hotel accommodations ... I'm surprised to see how better off those deals are to my flights ... that have generally been around the 1500 price tag .. or higher.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    Also look into Shanghai when it opens. If you start planning for that one it will be about the same time as it opens. Also look into Tokyo (best foreign Disney Park)
    Fixed that for you. JK JK Tokyo is amazing, and having grown up with APs to the original, I still find it to be better. Though I would think from Australia, cost would be just about on par with coming all the way to the original. And, well, I'd say go to the original over any other, even if it is Tokyo.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I met an Aussie and a New Zealander at D23 on seperate days! They came specially for the event.

This site is a good one for those missing Disneyland! Lots of fellows MiceChatters to talk to.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

We have been 5 times to Disneyland (from Sydney) and if your going to bother going over you may as well stay for as long as you can. Out shortest trips have been 8 days and our longest around 15 days. All at Disneyland.

To do it cheaper for us aussies I suggest the following:

1. Setup alerts online for cheap fares to LAX.
    2. Don't be picky on when you go. We have been for Halloween, Christmas, the food and wine festival, summer (twice). Go whenever its cheap to fly.
    3. Generally you don't want to pay more then $1300 before taxes for a flight. After taxes this should still be less then $1400. If your paying more then this your paying too much. We have only flown virgin and Qantas and I would recommend virgin and they are usually cheaper.
    4. Stay off site <- You can get places for $79 a night that are decent.
    5. Get the 14 day passes available to Australians. Or buy an AP and plan two or more trips within a year.

I have found good deals are usually in the 3-4 month range away as there are usually specials available. But sometimes the best deals are less then a week away. We have done several trips with 2 days notice. I saw the price on Wednesday and we flew out Friday. These are the best sorts of trips in my opinion as there is no delay between booking and enjoying.

You might be able to "save" lots of money by making it a shopping trip. I've heard that with the exchange rate US prices are quite a bargain for Aussies.

I'm planning to go after my fiancé and I get married in Fiji. Just over a week in fiji followed by 5 nights at Disneyland sounds pretty good to me. It's about 1200 return to fly to LA from Nadi

You must have pretty cruisy jobs if you can go on a week long holiday with 2 says notice. Unfortunately I have to take compulsory leave over Christmas and only get 1-2 weeks to take when I want which needs to be requested months in advance

You must have pretty cruisy jobs if you can go on a week long holiday with 2 says notice. Unfortunately I have to take compulsory leave over Christmas and only get 1-2 weeks to take when I want which needs to be requested months in advance
    I also have the compulsory leave but I can take leave at a moments notice generally as I have a great manager.

Another tip is to budget throughout the year in order to go. We save for Disneyland as our first thing from each pay.

Its amazing the amount of money that gets wasted on other things.

For those who are looking for cheaper flights.

I noticed virgins flights are quite cheap for certain days for the next few weeks. They are around the 1350 -1380 range.

For example leave 21st Nov till 3rd Dec. Total Cost : $1357

The today show in Australia is running a competition for a family of for to win a trip to DLR. Flights, 3 nights at the Grand Californian and $1000 spending money.