Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Disneyland or Disney land squatting

If we're really talking about Blue Sky then I want DisneySea + Mira Costa for the hotel.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Well, if we're going to blue-sky it...

Whatever the Third Gate park becomes, it should include an IN-PARK HOTEL. The "front main entrance" would face "out" of the park and the "back main entrance' would face "in" the park. A valid park admission would need to be shown to enter the park from the hotel.
    I'd rather see some hotel rooms upstairs above the retail/restaurants, show buildings downstairs / underground, with levels of backstage/utilities and CM parking below that.

Vertical Park 3. Not the single story sprawl like parks 1 and 2.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    If we're really talking about Blue Sky then I want DisneySea + Mira Costa for the hotel.
    If we're really talking about Blue Sky, then I want Park 3 to EXCEED this.

• Minion

I'd like to see a water park to the west of the Paradise Pier hotel. It could be open April through October. I'd like to see Disney buy the GardenWalk mall and rename it "Uptown Disney." I'd like to see the third park be a sort of futuristic city, along the lines of the Westcot idea, with a hotel or two integrated into the design of the park. And with an emphasis on high-tech and thrill rides, since I don't think Disney is really attracting the teenage and young-adult market as well as they could be. Lastly I'd like to see Disney construct a comprehensive transport system, either Monorail or PeopleMover type, that would connect all 3 parks, all Disney-owned hotels and all Disney-owned parking lots. With all this they would finally have a WDW-style resort in Anaheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I'd like to see a water park to the west of the Paradise Pier hotel. It could be open April through October. I'd like to see Disney buy the GardenWalk mall and rename it "Uptown Disney." I'd like to see the third park be a sort of futuristic city, along the lines of the Westcot idea, with a hotel or two integrated into the design of the park. And with an emphasis on high-tech and thrill rides, since I don't think Disney is really attracting the teenage and young-adult market as well as they could be. Lastly I'd like to see Disney construct a comprehensive transport system, either Monorail or PeopleMover type, that would connect all 3 parks, all Disney-owned hotels and all Disney-owned parking lots. With all this they would finally have a WDW-style resort in Anaheim.
    I like most of your ideas, especially about the waterpark, Uptown Disney, and the transportation system. It would be awesome if they could do all this, though I don't think it's all possible. Would love to see a big, comprehensive resort with not just the forthcoming 3rd Gate but also more hotels, themed shopping, and other cool stuff to go along with it. And the advantage it would have over WDW is that it would all be compact and close together. Man I wish they could just buy up the entirety of the Harbor/Katella/5 triangle area and develop the hell out of it and make all this cool stuff happen.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Eventually, the Paradise Pier Hotel should get a makeover with a Victorian facade. Expand the hotel to the south and west, but make it a destination, an extension of the Paradise Pier section of DCA with Victorian themed restaurants, lounges and amenities.
    Why not make it a bit more contemporary to the supposed period and do something more 1920s? Then you have the Jazz Age to play with for hotel amenities.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Why not make it a bit more contemporary to the supposed period and do something more 1920s? Then you have the Jazz Age to play with for hotel amenities.
    That actually sounds really awesome, and I'd love to see that at a different hotel, but the Paradise Pier Hotel has to blend with Paradise Pier in DCA. What I think they need to do is make it look like the Boardwalk at WDW, but that might be tricky on a large multi-story hotel tower.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

That actually sounds really awesome, and I'd love to see that at a different hotel, but the Paradise Pier Hotel has to blend with Paradise Pier in DCA. What I think they need to do is make it look like the Boardwalk at WDW, but that might be tricky on a large multi-story hotel tower.
    I pictured more Hotel Del Coronado meets Grand Floridian.

Exact same hotel! (exterior wise at least)

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well, not exactly, but they share many features. I would hope the Disney Paradise Pier Hotel version 2.0 would not be a carbon copy, but something fanciful and dripping with Victorian detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Man I wish they could just buy up the entirety of the Harbor/Katella/5 triangle area and develop the hell out of it and make all this cool stuff happen.
    And pick up the entirety of the Katella/Harbor/Haster/Orangewood block. (I know, that would displace families. :/ )

And be allowed to bridge over Harbor and Katella so that everything can be reached by walking.

To do this, I think you just have to tear Paradise Pier Hotel down entirely. Build a seaside-ish Hotel Del, with waterpark, and a boardwalk over west street with an entrance to PP/DCA.

... if we're blue-skying it.

I love everyone's plans for glorious lodgings, but my heart looks at that map and says, "No excuses for not having better CM parking."

Maybe cruise ships are more fun these days than stationary parks. How much does Disney spend on its cruise ships? Dobby says "NO!" to both cruise ships (no grass) and water parks (water).
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Plendy doesn't mean everything has to be exactly the same. Paradise Pier allegedly takes places about the early 1920s (although its graphic language is 1930s but that's a whole different rant on the lack of specificity in story within the park). The design of the Pier itself is Victorian because it was built earlier than when we visit.

The Mictorian thing has been done to death.

Whatever the Third Gate park becomes, it should include an IN-PARK HOTEL...Rig the back entrance doors to be "entrance only" after park hours so that hotel guests can't wander out into the park willy-nilly, but keep a guard on those doors with a master unlock button so that they can be quickly unlocked in case of an emergency like fire, earthquake, or a super-villain invasion on the 4th Floor.
    Sounds like the Marvel Universe to me. Myself, I'd be more apt to book a room on a passenger liner bound for a galaxy far away.

~ Offer in-park balcony rooms for the top 3 floors with some kind of latticework/grillwork to prohibit items dropping on unsuspecting patrons below but still allowing a view of the park.
    Is this really a problem? I would think that, by the time Disney gets around to building the park and hotel, we'll be using force fields for this.

~ Give all guests of the hotel either Magic Mornings or Enchanted Evenings where they get 30 minutes to themselves in the park.
    I have never seen an Enchanted Evening offer but I would love one dearly. I don't do mornings, even when they're Magical. Heck, I'd volunteer to stay late and help clean up!
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast