Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    2

    Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    It seems like more and more Disney oriented parks are opening... I isn't really much of a tourist attraction in Anahiem where Disney originated if they keep building more Disney parks... does anyone else feel the same way?


  2. #2

    • șoș Tom șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Carlsbad
    Posts
    3,600

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    It seems like more and more Disney oriented parks are opening... I isn't really much of a tourist attraction in Anahiem where Disney originated if they keep building more Disney parks... does anyone else feel the same way?
    What the hell are you talking about??!?!?!??! I isn't really much of a tourist attraction in Anahiem where Disney originated if they keep building more Disney parks..Can you explain this, cause I am not following?







  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    249

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    What the hell are you talking about??!?!?!??! I isn't really much of a tourist attraction in Anahiem where Disney originated if they keep building more Disney parks..Can you explain this, cause I am not following?
    I think it means that DLR is not as much as a tourist draw anymore because there are more and more Disney parks opening up around the world. And the Disney parks started with Disneyland in Anahiem, so all the new parks hurt the originals current draw.

  4. #4

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    What I mean is that Disney keeps opening more parks around the world, Six flags has parks all around the world, but Disney is different, disney has an origional place where it originated from, six flags doesn't. Disneyland one of the biggest attractions in the world, but If they keep adding more Disneyland will lose many guest because closer ones will open up towards them, and those Disney parks ARE NOT origional, Disneyland Anahiem is the only origional Disney park, and the best.


  5. #5

    • враг народа
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,104
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Six Flags has a place where it originated. Six Flags Over Texas, followed by Six Flags Over Georgia and then Six Flags Over Mid-America (St. Louis). Also, Six Flags sold off the parks outside North America.

    I don't think it is becoming too generic. I think 2 more may be pushing the Magic Kingdom concept. The resorts should have seperate and original parks.

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,007
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    no!


  7. #7

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Six Flags has a place where it originated. Six Flags Over Texas, followed by Six Flags Over Georgia and then Six Flags Over Mid-America (St. Louis). Also, Six Flags sold off the parks outside North America.

    I don't think it is becoming too generic. I think 2 more may be pushing the Magic Kingdom concept. The resorts should have seperate and original parks.
    Bingo!!!

    For those of us that aren't just "Disney" fanatics but are more "Theme/Amusement" park fanatics as well know the history of Six Flags, Busch parks, Cedar Fair, etc.

    As lazyboy said, Six Flags original, or flagship, park is in Arlington, TX. While it hasn't gotten the attention or publicity that parks like Magic Mountain and Great Adventure have gotten the past few years it's still an awesome park, and IMO every bit the Six Flags "Flagship" park.

    I will be the first to admit that Six Flags got WAY too big. But this isn't the case of them having 5 parks WORLDWIDE. They had at one time 21 parks in North America (19 in the U.S., one in Canada and one in Mexico.

    Not the same thing as Disney.


  8. #8

    • Flames Fan/Oiler Hater
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    8,060

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Can't say I agree. Disneyland will always have that draw. There are tons of Japanese and Chinese tourists who come despite Hong Kong and Tokyo. And there is no shortage of European visoters even though there is Paris. There are also tons of Easterners who come even though there is WDW. Disneyland also has tons of tourists from the West. Even if they build several more parks (are there any more good spots for one , perhaps one in Australia? ) , people will still come by the droves as they do to Tokyo, Orlando, Hong Kong, and to some extent Paris.

  9. #9

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    893

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Bingo!!!

    For those of us that aren't just "Disney" fanatics but are more "Theme/Amusement" park fanatics as well know the history of Six Flags, Busch parks, Cedar Fair, etc.

    As lazyboy said, Six Flags original, or flagship, park is in Arlington, TX. While it hasn't gotten the attention or publicity that parks like Magic Mountain and Great Adventure have gotten the past few years it's still an awesome park, and IMO every bit the Six Flags "Flagship" park.

    I will be the first to admit that Six Flags got WAY too big. But this isn't the case of them having 5 parks WORLDWIDE. They had at one time 21 parks in North America (19 in the U.S., one in Canada and one in Mexico.

    Not the same thing as Disney.
    I don't think disney is like six flags
    Warning: Going
    And do we know why it is called six flags???
    Answer: Because Six different flags( or countries who had possesion over the land) flew over texas: ie. US, spain, europe, etc.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    332

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Even Disney's least attended park, which I guess would be DCA, gets more guests annually than even the most succesful Six Flags Park.(Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. I don't have the data for the non-U.S. Six Flags parks). Also, if the additonal parks make the original less of a draw, then how do you explain the fact that the Anaheim parks just had their busiest year ever? (20 million in 2005 between the two parks?)

  11. #11

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,357

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    I think Disney is becoming too much like Six Flags.

    Disney is not in the regional amusement park industry. Disney is in the international travel destination industry.

    People do not want to spend thousands of dollars to travel thousands of miles and stay in a hotel so that they can visit one of just a chain.

    Stop the Starbucks/McDonald's-style cloning of Disneyland, Disney.

  12. #12

    • UH..LIKE DUH..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    NB IN THE OC
    Posts
    332

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Six Flags is down to about 2 Flags. They are going broke. They could not be more different than Disney. 6 Flags has no heart. Disney is all heart. It is true Disney is getting more cookie cutter in its regionalism, but it is still a far cry from the iron ride parks of 6 flags..

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    497

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    You guys act like six flags is the heart of all evil. Six Flags is not disney and they are not trying to be. It's a park for people who like roller coasters and is not trying to be like Disney at all.

    As far as Disney trying to be like six flags, well I don't buy into that. Even at DCA. Disney's least themed attraction would be six flags best themed attraction.

    You guys are just spoiled


  14. #14

    • The Candidate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Porter Ranch, California, United States
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    Can't say I agree. Disneyland will always have that draw. There are tons of Japanese and Chinese tourists who come despite Hong Kong and Tokyo. And there is no shortage of European visoters even though there is Paris. There are also tons of Easterners who come even though there is WDW. Disneyland also has tons of tourists from the West. Even if they build several more parks (are there any more good spots for one , perhaps one in Australia? ) , people will still come by the droves as they do to Tokyo, Orlando, Hong Kong, and to some extent Paris.
    To take it one step further, I have read that Disney's research shows that these local parks increase the appetite for the original.

  15. #15

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

    Disneyland is the original. Therefore, it will always have appeal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mark Shapiro Says Six Flags Can Be Like Disney
    By disneytim in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 09:29 AM
  2. Six Flags think they're Disney this year!
    By SpaceMTFan in forum Six Flags
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 01:54 PM
  3. Six Flags think they're Disney this year!
    By SpaceMTFan in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 01:54 PM
  4. First Disney, then Six Flags, now Borders?
    By aerinpegadrak in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
  5. Six Flags over ... Disney? - About.Com - 7/18/06
    By sir clinksalot in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 01:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •