Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

It seems like more and more Disney oriented parks are opening... I isn't really much of a tourist attraction in Anahiem where Disney originated if they keep building more Disney parks... does anyone else feel the same way?

• șoș Tom șoș

Re: Does anyone else think that Disney is like Six flags?

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    It seems like more and more Disney oriented parks are opening... I isn't really much of a tourist attraction in Anahiem where Disney originated if they keep building more Disney parks... does anyone else feel the same way?
    What the hell are you talking about??!?!?!??! I isn't really much of a tourist attraction in Anahiem where Disney originated if they keep building more Disney parks..Can you explain this, cause I am not following?

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    What the hell are you talking about??!?!?!??! I isn't really much of a tourist attraction in Anahiem where Disney originated if they keep building more Disney parks..Can you explain this, cause I am not following?
    I think it means that DLR is not as much as a tourist draw anymore because there are more and more Disney parks opening up around the world. And the Disney parks started with Disneyland in Anahiem, so all the new parks hurt the originals current draw.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

What I mean is that Disney keeps opening more parks around the world, Six flags has parks all around the world, but Disney is different, disney has an origional place where it originated from, six flags doesn't. Disneyland one of the biggest attractions in the world, but If they keep adding more Disneyland will lose many guest because closer ones will open up towards them, and those Disney parks ARE NOT origional, Disneyland Anahiem is the only origional Disney park, and the best.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Six Flags has a place where it originated. Six Flags Over Texas, followed by Six Flags Over Georgia and then Six Flags Over Mid-America (St. Louis). Also, Six Flags sold off the parks outside North America.

I don't think it is becoming too generic. I think 2 more may be pushing the Magic Kingdom concept. The resorts should have seperate and original parks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

no!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Six Flags has a place where it originated. Six Flags Over Texas, followed by Six Flags Over Georgia and then Six Flags Over Mid-America (St. Louis). Also, Six Flags sold off the parks outside North America.

I don't think it is becoming too generic. I think 2 more may be pushing the Magic Kingdom concept. The resorts should have seperate and original parks.
    Bingo!!!

For those of us that aren't just "Disney" fanatics but are more "Theme/Amusement" park fanatics as well know the history of Six Flags, Busch parks, Cedar Fair, etc.

As lazyboy said, Six Flags original, or flagship, park is in Arlington, TX. While it hasn't gotten the attention or publicity that parks like Magic Mountain and Great Adventure have gotten the past few years it's still an awesome park, and IMO every bit the Six Flags "Flagship" park.

I will be the first to admit that Six Flags got WAY too big. But this isn't the case of them having 5 parks WORLDWIDE. They had at one time 21 parks in North America (19 in the U.S., one in Canada and one in Mexico.

Not the same thing as Disney.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Can't say I agree. Disneyland will always have that draw. There are tons of Japanese and Chinese tourists who come despite Hong Kong and Tokyo. And there is no shortage of European visoters even though there is Paris. There are also tons of Easterners who come even though there is WDW. Disneyland also has tons of tourists from the West. Even if they build several more parks (are there any more good spots for one , perhaps one in Australia? ) , people will still come by the droves as they do to Tokyo, Orlando, Hong Kong, and to some extent Paris.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Bingo!!!

For those of us that aren't just "Disney" fanatics but are more "Theme/Amusement" park fanatics as well know the history of Six Flags, Busch parks, Cedar Fair, etc.

As lazyboy said, Six Flags original, or flagship, park is in Arlington, TX. While it hasn't gotten the attention or publicity that parks like Magic Mountain and Great Adventure have gotten the past few years it's still an awesome park, and IMO every bit the Six Flags "Flagship" park.

I will be the first to admit that Six Flags got WAY too big. But this isn't the case of them having 5 parks WORLDWIDE. They had at one time 21 parks in North America (19 in the U.S., one in Canada and one in Mexico.

Not the same thing as Disney.
    I don't think disney is like six flags
    Warning: Going
    And do we know why it is called six flags???
    Answer: Because Six different flags( or countries who had possesion over the land) flew over texas: ie. US, spain, europe, etc.

Even Disney's least attended park, which I guess would be DCA, gets more guests annually than even the most succesful Six Flags Park.(Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. I don't have the data for the non-U.S. Six Flags parks). Also, if the additonal parks make the original less of a draw, then how do you explain the fact that the Anaheim parks just had their busiest year ever? (20 million in 2005 between the two parks?)

I think Disney is becoming too much like Six Flags.

Disney is not in the regional amusement park industry. Disney is in the international travel destination industry.

People do not want to spend thousands of dollars to travel thousands of miles and stay in a hotel so that they can visit one of just a chain.

Stop the Starbucks/McDonald's-style cloning of Disneyland, Disney.

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Six Flags is down to about 2 Flags. They are going broke. They could not be more different than Disney. 6 Flags has no heart. Disney is all heart. It is true Disney is getting more cookie cutter in its regionalism, but it is still a far cry from the iron ride parks of 6 flags..

You guys act like six flags is the heart of all evil. Six Flags is not disney and they are not trying to be. It's a park for people who like roller coasters and is not trying to be like Disney at all.

As far as Disney trying to be like six flags, well I don't buy into that. Even at DCA. Disney's least themed attraction would be six flags best themed attraction.

You guys are just spoiled

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    Can't say I agree. Disneyland will always have that draw. There are tons of Japanese and Chinese tourists who come despite Hong Kong and Tokyo. And there is no shortage of European visoters even though there is Paris. There are also tons of Easterners who come even though there is WDW. Disneyland also has tons of tourists from the West. Even if they build several more parks (are there any more good spots for one , perhaps one in Australia? ) , people will still come by the droves as they do to Tokyo, Orlando, Hong Kong, and to some extent Paris.
    To take it one step further, I have read that Disney's research shows that these local parks increase the appetite for the original.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Disneyland is the original. Therefore, it will always have appeal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast