Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• keh!

Re: A Winterland Themed Area (Original Concept Art Included)

Quote Originally Posted by greenkai3000 View Post
    Dude, you need to become an Imagineer STAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love , love the art and ideas.
    Thank you very much! And I'm working on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Amazing drawings and sketches! Disney will be happy to have you someday
    I would happily accept, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Brilliant artwork and concepts, you're quite a talent
    I especially like the ski rollercoaster idea.
    Good stuff man!
    Thank you. I thought about drawing a portion of the train where the seats would swing out at a turn since skiers usually move their feet out when making a turn. But then I thought that would be too similar to the Dwarves Coaster, even though the difference is sitting and standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    I've been waiting for someone to mention Narnia, while under the rule of the White Witch. Always winter, and never Christmas!
    Only if Tilda Swinton is available every day to play the White Witch. She's so evil and awesome.

Brilliant!!!!!! Your drawings are inspiring and very creative! I love the idea of the frozen/winter land, and the skiing rollercoaster is awesome! I was wondering where you were going with a snowy mountain rollercoaster, thinking that the Matterhorn already filled the bill, but this is a great idea! So many things you could do... I hope to see them constructed some day!

Ooh... and maybe instead of the trolleys and such like Mainstreet, you could have sleigh rides taking you to Christmas-town/ Nightmare Before Christmas.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Awesome idea's and art Bob.......
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by tunktooies View Post
    Brilliant!!!!!! Your drawings are inspiring and very creative! I love the idea of the frozen/winter land, and the skiing rollercoaster is awesome! I was wondering where you were going with a snowy mountain rollercoaster, thinking that the Matterhorn already filled the bill, but this is a great idea! So many things you could do... I hope to see them constructed some day!
    Thank you! I see the ski coaster as less of a going in and out of tunnels (some here and here) and more about banking left and right down the slopes. It makes sense to me, stand-up coaster - skiing!

Quote Originally Posted by tunktooies View Post
    Ooh... and maybe instead of the trolleys and such like Mainstreet, you could have sleigh rides taking you to Christmas-town/ Nightmare Before Christmas.
    Hey! That's a cool thought! I didn't think about a sleigh ride serving as a transport. Sounds like a charming addition!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Awesome idea's and art Bob.......
    Thanks, sleepyjeff! But my name is not Bob, lol.

• Minion

Great stuff! They should take the area from the submarines up to Small World and make that a new land with an oceanic theme, theme it all to your artwork, and put the volcano on the far northeast corner of it, next to Harbor Boulevard, and have the DLRR track go right through the volcano. The Monorail track could stay, grandfathered in, but Autopia should be moved to Carsland. And then all your ideas integrated into the area now occupied by Fantasia Gardens, Autopia and the submarines. The submarines could still operate. Nightly eruption show from the volcano.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Great stuff! They should take the area from the submarines up to Small World and make that a new land with an oceanic theme, theme it all to your artwork, and put the volcano on the far northeast corner of it, next to Harbor Boulevard, and have the DLRR track go right through the volcano. The Monorail track could stay, grandfathered in, but Autopia should be moved to Carsland. And then all your ideas integrated into the area now occupied by Fantasia Gardens, Autopia and the submarines. The submarines could still operate. Nightly eruption show from the volcano.
    Sounds like you've planned it through! I definitely thought of a nightly eruption coming from the volcano (for the volcano land concept). Even part of the fireworks where some could be launched from inside the cauldron!

• Minion

The east face of the Matterhorn could serve as the anchor for the "ice" portion of your concept, with the volcano serving as the focus of the "fire" portion. That would leave about 500 feet of flat ground between the two, probably enough to implement your ideas including a transition zone. A lot of trees and other mature landscaping could remain in place, with your new features carefully built in between them.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    The east face of the Matterhorn could serve as the anchor for the "ice" portion of your concept, with the volcano serving as the focus of the "fire" portion. That would leave about 500 feet of flat ground between the two, probably enough to implement your ideas including a transition zone. A lot of trees and other mature landscaping could remain in place, with your new features carefully built in between them.
    Matterhorn could serve as the anchor, but that takes out the iceberg/ship out as a focal point : / There are definitely ways to pick apart the land and adapt some of the elements here and there. I would love to see it as its own land. The area you speak of sure has a lot of room though...

Beautiful Stuff!

Too bad you were only able to come up with a really creative and original idea though. Maybe Imagineering isn't for you.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    Beautiful Stuff!

Too bad you were only able to come up with a really creative and original idea though. Maybe Imagineering isn't for you.
    lol! Thanks. I'm sure there are many Imagineers who wish they could work on original ideas, though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12