Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Club 33, 1901, and Dapper Day - Sept 5th & 6th

Another great KellyMcG TR! It is amazing how quick a year can be. My Ap expired in April and I was unable to take a last trip, so googd for you guys in making it work.

Look forward to more!

• Selfie Expert

Thank you!!

This year really flew by. I'm so happy we were able to use our AP as much as we did considering we're out of state, and to have so many special opportunities like this! I wouldn't have been able to do nearly as much without joining MC - definitely increased the value of our AP exponentially from learning all the "secrets" from the amazing chatters on here.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

I of course had to take a belly photo in front of the 33 entrance.

And some nice people passing by took a picture of the two of us before we headed in.

We headed up the lift (the CM didn’t offer to take our photo in the lobby, and she seemed a bit rushed, so I didn’t ask - I kind of wish I had asked, anyway!) And were seated in the main dining room for lunch.

We were told that appetizers and desserts were buffet style and we could start whenever we wanted. We ordered our drinks, and started exploring the dining room. There were only two other parties dining there, and the rest of the club was empty, so we could take photos galore!

(I want these plates!!)

I asked if they had any specialty virgin drinks, and our waiter recommended the punch. It was SO good!! (Much better than the practically perfect punch from Jolly Holiday)

I took a lot of photos of the buffets…

Snapped a photo of the hubs sitting at our table

Next segment: we do a little more exploring, say goodbye to the trophy room, and enjoy our entrees!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

The buffet looks SO GOOD! You got this foodie drooling in the mouth! I can't believe the buffet was only the appetizers! I can't wait to see your main courses!

• Selfie Expert

The buffet was AWESOME! I was telling one of the CMs that it would be awesome if they just had cocktails and the dessert buffet late at night or between lunch and dinner. I wish I had an extra stomach just so I could have eaten more... haha

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    The buffet was AWESOME! I was telling one of the CMs that it would be awesome if they just had cocktails and the dessert buffet late at night or between lunch and dinner. I wish I had an extra stomach just so I could have eaten more... haha
    They probably will at the jazz club....sadly a location which will be even MORE exclusive than 33.

• Selfie Expert

It would be a neat addition, though. But yes, sadly, it won't be one available to everyone.

I don't think I'd ever leave if they offered unlimited dessert along with cocktails and jazz music.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post

Thanks for the recap Kelly! And you DO have 2 stomachs! Or at least you're eating for two! Look forward to more.

Aw I so wanna go back there! I remember stuffing my gills with all of the appetizers so it's sort of a good thing my entree was kind of small.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• I'm from Canada eh!

I want a little dish of Tabassco Sauce in my kitchen...

• Evil is Sexy

Nice! I was thinking that the lunch entrees were reasonably priced, but then saw the LARGE sentence below that "Club 33 maintains a minimum food charge of $80 per person" and I got sad. LOL.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

I was there on the 6th - 10th. I heard that it got up to 100 on the 6th also. The crowds weren't to bad though, at least they didn't seem to be that bad to me.

Looks like you guys had a good time in spite of the heat.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Nice! I was thinking that the lunch entrees were reasonably priced, but then saw the LARGE sentence below that "Club 33 maintains a minimum food charge of $80 per person" and I got sad. LOL.
    That is the wine pairing price.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Lucky duckies. We are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary there on the 22nd. I wish we were going to Club 33! Thank you for sharing your pictures.

How is your bucket list going? I have a small one made for this final trip that includes a ride in the Lilly Belle parlor car and a trip on the monorail, since we've never been.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Thanks for the recap Kelly! And you DO have 2 stomachs! Or at least you're eating for two! Look forward to more.

Aw I so wanna go back there! I remember stuffing my gills with all of the appetizers so it's sort of a good thing my entree was kind of small.
    I guess I do technically have two stomachs, huh? Well I needed two adult stomachs! I'm sure I still ate for two, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I want a little dish of Tabassco Sauce in my kitchen...
    Aren't those mini bottles so cute?! I love them!

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I had heard at some point that they have to charge at least a day's admission, but $80 is less than admission now so I apparently heard wrong! Lunch was a better value than dinner, though, due to the buffets. Dinner was much more formal, though, and just a totally different experience!

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    I was there on the 6th - 10th. I heard that it got up to 100 on the 6th also. The crowds weren't to bad though, at least they didn't seem to be that bad to me.

Looks like you guys had a good time in spite of the heat.
    We made the best of it! So we may have crossed paths on the 6th? We didn't spend much time in the parks that day, but it's always fun to think of how many MCers we might actually encounter while we're there and not even realize it!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    That is the wine pairing price.
    Makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Lucky duckies. We are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary there on the 22nd. I wish we were going to Club 33! Thank you for sharing your pictures.

How is your bucket list going? I have a small one made for this final trip that includes a ride in the Lilly Belle parlor car and a trip on the monorail, since we've never been.
    I need to update my list. We marked a couple things off, but not as much as I had hoped to. Between the heat and being 6 months pregnant, I couldn't keep up my normal pace. I hope you get to do the Lilly Belle!! It's really special. We didn't ride the monorail until a few months ago! It's so simple, yet so cool at the same time. Happy early anniversary!!

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Great Trip Report! I'm glad you guys had fun!! For Peter Pan to have a walk-on wait is a miracle. Even on slow days, Peter Pan still has a 20 minute wait.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast