Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Club 33, 1901, and Dapper Day - Sept 5th & 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Great Trip Report! I'm glad you guys had fun!! For Peter Pan to have a walk-on wait is a miracle. Even on slow days, Peter Pan still has a 20 minute wait.
    That's the great part about Magic Mornings, plus this was one of the slowest days I've been to the parks. I know everyone claims there is no off season, but September and February have always been fantastic days at the parks for us! I just wish I really could've taken advantage of the low wait times!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

While we waited for our entrees, we walked around to explore the club.

Another shot of the dining room.

I’ve heard Elton John and other famous people have played this. My skills are maxed out with “Chopsticks”, so I decided against giving a performance and just took a photo instead.

Trying out the phone booth.

Some photos at the entrance of the second floor.

I wanted to get photos in the trophy room before it is converted to kitchen space during the remodel. We were lucky enough to have had the experience of eating dinner here in February. It is such a unique room!

The animatronic vulture.

The microphones in the lights.

One last photo of us in this special room.

On our way back to our table, I took a photo at the top of the lift.

The merchandise cabinet (it was STOCKED!). I did a happy dance when I saw the ear hat!!

An interesting piece of furniture.

Then we were back at our table. Our entrees were taking a while – our waiter came by to apologize for the wait, to which I told him the longer it took the better! I took this photo of the view from our table…

Then decided we needed to explore the balconies. Stay tuned for those photos!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    The merchandise cabinet (it was STOCKED!). I did a happy dance when I saw the ear hat!!

Man... I should have placed an order with you

It was pretty sparse when I was there... my typical luck in all things.

• Selfie Expert

It was pretty limited the first time we went, too, so I made sure to pretty much buy one of everything! lol

• Selfie Expert

My favorite part of being in Club 33 is being out on the balcony. I hadn’t realized there were actually two balconies, so I was pretty excited to explore both!

A beetle my husband insisted I take a photo of… Why not?

Another “thank you” to the really friendly member who offered to take our photo. She was really great!

There’s the entrance to the club!

One last balcony photo before our entrees arrive

After a bit of a delay (which was just fine with me!), our lunch entrees arrived at our table.

Sean had lamb:

I had the Chateaubriand (which I’d had before, but it was so good I couldn’t pass up another chance to eat it):

And we ordered a side of the truffle mac n cheese since I’d seen it mentioned a few times:

My favorite part, by far, was the mac n cheese. It was SO GOOD!

I really wanted to lick my plates, but I made sure to save a little room for dessert. I wanted to try one of everything, but knew I couldn’t eat it all. So I fixed up a plate of the ones I wanted to sample most and put the plate in the middle of the table for Sean and I to share.

Honestly this cookie was nothing special flavor-wise, but it had the Club 33 logo on it which made it awesome in my book.

Our waiter then brought over chocolate cakes for our anniversary:

We had to box them up and bring them back to our room, we were so stuffed!

I asked our waiter for a photo with him:

Then we headed out, saying goodbye to the Club.

We stopped by the sign on our way out to take a photo to thank the member who gave us this opportunity (you know who you are – THANK YOU!)

And to take one last photo, this time with my new favorite Disneyland souvenir:

Next up, see how we spent the rest of our Thursday!

• Disneyland Dreamer

How was the lamb? I want to try it if I ever get back.

I'm surprised they let you take a glass out onto the balcony. They were VERY strict about it at dinner (for good cause I'd probably say).

Beautiful pics, and such a great experience for you.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    How was the lamb? I want to try it if I ever get back.

I'm surprised they let you take a glass out onto the balcony. They were VERY strict about it at dinner (for good cause I'd probably say).

Beautiful pics, and such a great experience for you.
    The lamb was really tasty!!

I didn't even think about taking the glass out there... Oops! They didn't mention anything about it when we asked if it was okay to open our door to go out. Maybe we didn't look especially rowdy.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Ohh the entrees! *drool*

I hope the food was as good as it looked! I don't like lamb, but the lamb looked so good, I would devour it in a second. Actually, all the food looked great! Thank you for sharing! They say that you eat with your eyes first, right? My eyes were definitely salivating through your food posts

Super awesome you got to spend your Anniversary at Club 33 (Happy Anniversary, BTW!) and got Club 33 Mickey Ears to prove it. My friends have always bugged me to get Mickey Ears (cause all my friends have some variation of ears they wear whenever we go to the Parks), and I have always refused mostly because I have never been a hat guy. But I would definitely break my own rule if I ever get my hands on one of those super cool Club 33 ears (or if Disney ever sells ears inspired by the green aliens from Toy Story ). At the D23 Expo, I was sitting next to a girl at a panel wearing Club 33 ears. I think I was paying more attention to her Mickey ears than the panel itself lol. The ears are so cool!

Anyways, looks like you had an awesome time! Thank you for sharing your Club 33 trip, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your Trip Report!

• Minion

Love all the pics! And I agree with the 33 cookies. They aren't the best tasting, but love the look. Now, the Creme Brulee...

Here is a pic of my daughter on the balcony with her wine glass. We've never been asked not to take glass out, but I suspect whoever's case might be what was going on that evening... I'm glad to hear you had a great time!!

If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Ohh the entrees! *drool*

I hope the food was as good as it looked! I don't like lamb, but the lamb looked so good, I would devour it in a second. Actually, all the food looked great! Thank you for sharing! They say that you eat with your eyes first, right? My eyes were definitely salivating through your food posts

Super awesome you got to spend your Anniversary at Club 33 (Happy Anniversary, BTW!) and got Club 33 Mickey Ears to prove it. My friends have always bugged me to get Mickey Ears (cause all my friends have some variation of ears they wear whenever we go to the Parks), and I have always refused mostly because I have never been a hat guy. But I would definitely break my own rule if I ever get my hands on one of those super cool Club 33 ears (or if Disney ever sells ears inspired by the green aliens from Toy Story ). At the D23 Expo, I was sitting next to a girl at a panel wearing Club 33 ears. I think I was paying more attention to her Mickey ears than the panel itself lol. The ears are so cool!

Anyways, looks like you had an awesome time! Thank you for sharing your Club 33 trip, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your Trip Report!
    They're REALLY good at presentation in Club 33. We are not at all fancy food people, but you can't help but get excited to eat the things they serve you, and we have not been disappointed!

It was a really great way to celebrate our anniversary as well as our last kid-free trip (or last trip, period) for an undetermined amount of time.

Toy Story alien ears would be an amazing idea!! They wouldn't be that hard to make, either... hm... if only they sold blank ears to design your own!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for your kind words.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Love all the pics! And I agree with the 33 cookies. They aren't the best tasting, but love the look. Now, the Creme Brulee...

Here is a pic of my daughter on the balcony with her wine glass. We've never been asked not to take glass out, but I suspect whoever's case might be what was going on that evening... I'm glad to hear you had a great time!!

Your daughter looks so familiar... like a celebrity or something! I'm glad we weren't breaking any rules, at least none that we should have been aware of!

I think the yum factor of the creme brulee was multiplied just because they were in the little individual portions! I wanted to keep one!! They were tasty, for sure. My favorite dessert remains the chocolate "cake", which they also had in miniature form at the buffet. I could eat an entire meal of them!

Glad you enjoyed the photos! I enjoyed taking them! It was yet another unbeatable experience!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Somebody sent me the C33 truffled mac recipe. I must try my hand at it one of these days.

On the no glass on the balcony thing, it was a rowdy night (the table next to us, the broken window, etc) so maybe it was just everybody was on edge due to the events.

I really want to do C33 during the day. Nighttime is romantic, but the sunlight streaming in and the day time views from the balconies look like something I really would love to see.

Kelly, don't worry about the newborn. We took our's at 8 months. Obviously it makes park going more difficult if you want to ride any of the thrill rides, but its doable. We do every year, or every other year depending on finances. Skipped 2 years due to finances and because I had just started a new job, but we are back into the swing of things, and hopefully next year will be two visits (bought Dapper Day hotel stay already). You'll figure it out in no time and be back in the Disney swing.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Thank you! Trying to document all I can for her. Hopefully she'll inherit or at least embrace her parents' nerdness. We plan to take her to the parks often, and she'll be going to her first Star Wars convention in 2015! Haha
    I just realized that we will be at the same convention. We'll have to hook up for lunch or something. Disneyland and Star Wars. Your baby is in good hands.

Club 33 is totally different in the day and evening. Hard to describe, but the vibe in the day feels much more relaxed.

Thank you for posting pics! I only took a handful with my phone. Last couple,of trips I have barred myself from bringing my dslr...(salt?? For some reason my iPad auto corrected dslr to salt. Go figure!)
    Last edited by PinBrian; 09-14-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: iPad auto correct struck!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Last couple,of trips I have barred myself from bringing my salt.
    Do you have special salt? Not sure the reference here.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast