Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Club 33, 1901, and Dapper Day - Sept 5th & 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Do you have special salt? Not sure the reference here.
    Inquiring minds want to know. Salt is serious business for some... We've got a local salt monger (is that a real profession?) who takes his salt gris VERY seriously.

Happy anniversary! I think the baby bump pics are adorable! It looks like you enjoyed your last trip (for a while) proper!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Somebody sent me the C33 truffled mac recipe. I must try my hand at it one of these days.

On the no glass on the balcony thing, it was a rowdy night (the table next to us, the broken window, etc) so maybe it was just everybody was on edge due to the events.

I really want to do C33 during the day. Nighttime is romantic, but the sunlight streaming in and the day time views from the balconies look like something I really would love to see.

Kelly, don't worry about the newborn. We took our's at 8 months. Obviously it makes park going more difficult if you want to ride any of the thrill rides, but its doable. We do every year, or every other year depending on finances. Skipped 2 years due to finances and because I had just started a new job, but we are back into the swing of things, and hopefully next year will be two visits (bought Dapper Day hotel stay already). You'll figure it out in no time and be back in the Disney swing.
    It was great doing the club during the day. The only disappointing thing that came from our evening meal was that my photos on the balcony didn't turn out well because I don't know how to do nighttime photos. So I was SO excited to get balcony photos in daylight! It really is a completely different experience during the day. I really don't know if I could say which is better, I loved so much about both!

Luckily my husband doesn't mind skipping all the thrill rides (I mind!!), so we have a pretty good agreement going if/when we bring the baby with us.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I just realized that we will be at the same convention. We'll have to hook up for lunch or something. Disneyland and Star Wars. Your baby is in good hands.
    That would be fun!! I love meeting Chatters! Maybe we can arrange a MiceChat meet up there?? Hehe I think she's going to have a lot of fun growing up with a couple of Disney/Star Wars fans!

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Club 33 is totally different in the day and evening. Hard to describe, but the vibe in the day feels much more relaxed.

Thank you for posting pics! I only took a handful with my phone. Last couple,of trips I have barred myself from bringing my dslr...(salt?? For some reason my iPad auto corrected dslr to salt. Go figure!)
    Gotta love autocorrect!

It really is so different between night and day. Day is way more relaxed and casual. I was worried about my husband going in with shorts on (granted they weren't cargo or denim shorts, they were nice golf shorts) but it was SO HOT! He didn't stick out at all, if anything I did in my dress but I was okay with that.

Well, hey, you're even IN a photo later on!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Happy anniversary! I think the baby bump pics are adorable! It looks like you enjoyed your last trip (for a while) proper!
    Thank you! We made the best of it!

• Selfie Expert

After we finished lunch at Club 33, we headed to the hotel to put our anniversary cakes in the refrigerator and so I could change into “normal” clothes. We headed back into the park and saw Mickey with only one party waiting for a picture with him, so we ran over!

With the heat, I decided it was a good time to mark one of the items off my To Do list: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

We had some time before the next show, so we explored the waiting area.

We headed in for the show!

On the way out, I laughed at Miley Cyrus, and took a photo with one of my favorite people of all time: LUCY!

So what did I think of Mr. Lincoln? To be honest, we hardly stayed awake. I’m really glad I did it once, and it didn’t seem familiar to me at all so I think it may have been my first time, but I wouldn’t rush to do it again. I know it’s historical, and I have a lot of respect for the attraction, but it’s just not my thing!

As we wandered into Tomorrowland, I saw there was no line for Astro Orbiters. This is a ride neither of us had ever experienced, so we got in line.

My husband didn’t want to ride alone, so we crammed into a single rocket. This was a BAD idea. We are both tall, and I’m 6 months pregnant. A CM saw us and laughed, then said “Can you hold that pose for a minute and a half?”. I yelled “Just GOO!!” Which made all the CMs in the booth crack up. We were incredibly uncomfortable, but at least we could offer some comedic relief.

I felt like I was going to fall out of the rocket, and we were both getting incredibly dizzy. This picture pretty well sums up exactly how we felt about this ride:

I tried to focus on taking random photos:

And we both sighed in relief when our rocket went down and neither of us threw up.

Here is a picture of just the hubs in the rocket. Now imagine piling me in on top of him. Yeah.

After that experience, we headed over to Astro Blasters for something a little more tame.

For the first time ever, I beat Sean!

Mostly because I hit a 50k target, but he also was certain the game was rigged and “stupid”. Boys.

We headed to PFF so I could grab one of the frozen drinks there that I’ve been wanting to try:

On our way to Trader Sam’s, I ordered name art to hang in our future daughter’s nursery:

We finished up the evening with some disappointment, and I didn’t really take photos of anything because of it. We had dinner reservations at 7pm at Carthay Circle. We headed over at 6:45pm and were told to hang out in the lounge until we were called. The lounge was packed with people escaping the heat, and they were not people waiting for tables, so we stood around until we were finally called for our reservation at 7:15. We agreed that the lounge should have an area only for those waiting to be seated, as paying customers should have priority to the seating. Anyway, we headed upstairs to our table and were sat down. A bus boy brought us water, and we waited for our server. And waited. And waited. After fifteen minutes of no acknowledgement, and being annoyed by being surrounded by tables full of children screaming, we walked out. We felt weird doing it, but for the cost of food there, we expected a completely different experience.

So we headed over to one of our favorite areas to eat. Sean got his usual sun dried tomato pasta with chicken from Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta, and I tried the gyro and baklava from Paradise Garden grill. I only took photos of my meal since it was new to us:

After that, we had planned to stay for the AP extended hours event (8pm-11pm), but we were so exhausted that we headed back to the hotel and went to sleep. So, this concludes Thursday!

Next up is Friday, which includes some DCA, a meeting with a friend for lunch, Dapper Day, and 1901!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Anyway, we headed upstairs to our table and were sat down. A bus boy brought us water, and we waited for our server. And waited. And waited. After fifteen minutes of no acknowledgement, and being annoyed by being surrounded by tables full of children screaming, we walked out. We felt weird doing it, but for the cost of food there, we expected a completely different experience.
    Sorry to hear this, but my experience has been similar. There's no excuse for this at such a high-cost restaurant. To make matters worse, they can't even cook the food to order properly. Carthay is a total let down, and I really don't think I'll eat there again unless they get their act together.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    It really is so different between night and day. Day is way more relaxed and casual. I was worried about my husband going in with shorts on (granted they weren't cargo or denim shorts, they were nice golf shorts) but it was SO HOT! He didn't stick out at all, if anything I did in my dress but I was okay with that.

Well, hey, you're even IN a photo later on!
    Shorts are allowed for lunch, but they get turned away at dinner. I am sure your sponsor appreciates the attention to dress.

I know the first time we went, our sponsors (unknown to us, we met them later) were at the club the same day. One of the reasons we were invited back was because we did honor their dress code and the servers gave a good review of us.

When the baby comes, it sounds like you have a good set up. It will be a great time with the baby, as it suddenly becomes more important to see "first smiles" than riding Space. I recently took my granddaughter (2.5yo) for our first "solo" day, where she got her first ride on Racers, got to have time alone trying new things. It really was fun.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• formerly very helpful

Too bad you had such a negative experience at Carthay. I've only been there once, but had no problems.

And of course you beat your husband on Buzz Lightyear. It was two against one!

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Oh, I like the balcony pictures! It looks beautiful up there. Happy Anniversary to you, too!

Those name signs are so cute. It is great that you already have a name picked. My husband and I could not agree on names and it took a couple of days post-birth to name each of our daughters.

That is disappointing about the Carthay. We were thinking of eating there for our anniversary but your experience is giving me second thoughts.

• Greetings, Program!

Your pics are great as always. I loved how you referred to the desserts in 33 as "chocolate cakes". Those are nothing less than chocolate A-BOMBS.

Thanks for the heads up on Carthay. We'd been wondering if we should drop the coin for it for awhile and yours is just one a few negative reviews on the place. I think we've made up our minds.

Glad you're getting the most out of your AP's and Happy Anniversary!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Sorry to hear this, but my experience has been similar. There's no excuse for this at such a high-cost restaurant. To make matters worse, they can't even cook the food to order properly. Carthay is a total let down, and I really don't think I'll eat there again unless they get their act together.
    I heard a lot of mixed reviews. I think I might try it again for lunch or something, I really want to give the food a shot, but it definitely was a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Shorts are allowed for lunch, but they get turned away at dinner. I am sure your sponsor appreciates the attention to dress.

I know the first time we went, our sponsors (unknown to us, we met them later) were at the club the same day. One of the reasons we were invited back was because we did honor their dress code and the servers gave a good review of us.

When the baby comes, it sounds like you have a good set up. It will be a great time with the baby, as it suddenly becomes more important to see "first smiles" than riding Space. I recently took my granddaughter (2.5yo) for our first "solo" day, where she got her first ride on Racers, got to have time alone trying new things. It really was fun.
    When I saw the weather report, I checked, double checked, and triple checked Club 33's dress code to make sure shorts would be okay. I was still worried that he might look under dressed! I think it turned out okay, though.

I seriously cannot wait to see how the baby reacts to everything, especially when she's at the age that she can recognize characters, etc. It'll be more thrilling than Space Mountain, even!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Too bad you had such a negative experience at Carthay. I've only been there once, but had no problems.

And of course you beat your husband on Buzz Lightyear. It was two against one!
    Hehe I suppose I did have an unfair advantage! It really seems that it's luck of the draw based on the reviews I've read at Carthay. I'll eventually give it another chance and hopefully will get good service!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Oh, I like the balcony pictures! It looks beautiful up there. Happy Anniversary to you, too!

Those name signs are so cute. It is great that you already have a name picked. My husband and I could not agree on names and it took a couple of days post-birth to name each of our daughters.

That is disappointing about the Carthay. We were thinking of eating there for our anniversary but your experience is giving me second thoughts.
    Thank you! We started talking names as soon as we found out I was pregnant. Then when we found out the sex, we wanted to decide ASAP so we could refer to her as her name instead of "the baby". Luckily we agreed pretty quickly! Plus I love to craft and personalize things, which is far more fun when you have a name.

I've heard really good things about Carthay! We didn't even get to try the food. I think we maybe just hit it on a bad night? Don't let my negative experience be the deciding factor. I hope to give it another try someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Your pics are great as always. I loved how you referred to the desserts in 33 as "chocolate cakes". Those are nothing less than chocolate A-BOMBS.

Thanks for the heads up on Carthay. We'd been wondering if we should drop the coin for it for awhile and yours is just one a few negative reviews on the place. I think we've made up our minds.

Glad you're getting the most out of your AP's and Happy Anniversary!
    Mmmm every time I think of the chocolate a-bombs I drool!

Next time, I think we'll try Napa Rose. I've heard nothing but good things about that place. I do want to give Carthay another try, though, as I've heard good things about it. I think we just had bad luck. And thank you!

•   
    • Minion

I love reading your enthusiastic trip reports, Kelly! The experience at Carthay sounds like a bummer, but the rest of your trip sounds like sheer magic! It's great you were able to experience Club 33 again!
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I love reading your enthusiastic trip reports, Kelly! The experience at Carthay sounds like a bummer, but the rest of your trip sounds like sheer magic! It's great you were able to experience Club 33 again!
    Thanks to some wonderful Chatters, it was definitely magical! I'm glad you're enjoying my TR. Carthay was only a bummer for a half hour, then we got some yummy food and all was well again!

• Selfie Expert

Bumping this over to the next page so the next portion can start there...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast