Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Club 33, 1901, and Dapper Day - Sept 5th & 6th

We started our morning off at Tangaroa Terrace. I had read in another thread that their French toast is awesome, so I had to give it a try!

Sean had the breakfast wrap:

Both meals were SUPER yummy!!

Friday morning we had early entry to DCA, so we headed in there a little after 8am. The park was EMPTY (except Carsland, which I couldn’t ride the two rides we would be interested in anyway), so we took a couple opportunities to take photos.

My husband is a big Muppets fan, but it wasn’t running yet, so we took a photo in front since I have heard rumors it may be closing and we aren’t sure when we’ll be back.

Toy Story was a walk on, so we took a ride.

He out-scored me, and proclaimed that this ride was far more accurate than Astro Blasters. (Note – I know our scores are lame compared to some! We are definitely not regulars on these rides! Haha)

We then went to ride Little Mermaid, and I laughed when I was handed one of the red cards because we were literally the only people in line.

I took these with my point and shoot (No flash!) and I have no photography skills, so excuse the blur. I still think they’re fun despite the low quality.

After that, we rode Monsters, Inc. (Again, excuse the blur!)

Then headed over to Animation Academy to see if we could join a class. We missed the class, so we killed some time exploring the other areas. We took the character quiz:

This question always makes me laugh.

Sean got Scar:

When it was my turn, I took the most flattering picture I could (hey, I can’t ride anything with ride photos… I have to get my kicks somewhere!)

And ended up as the Evil Queen.

Sean tried his hand at a voice over

Then we took some time to look around the Off the Page store. We were in LOVE with some of the Star Wars art:

And then it was time to cross over to Disneyland to meet up with my friend and fellow Mice Chatter, Brandon!

We decided to grab lunch at Carnation Café. I wanted to try it out since I’ve only ever had breakfast there. To my delight, Oscar was making his rounds, so I asked him for a photo.

I ordered the turkey sandwich, which was honestly nothing special, but Sean ordered the day’s special, which was some kind of seafood pasta. He LOVED it!

I did have some of the “fresh lemonade”, which was tasty.

Our waitress took a group photo. Sean closed his eyes in both attempts… and the flash wasn’t even on. *sigh*

We will definitely be trying Carnation for lunch or dinner again, and next time I’ll be more adventurous on my meal decision.

After saying goodbye to Brandon, we headed back to the hotel to meet up with friends to get ready for Dapper Day!!
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 09-16-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Dapper Day!!!!!!

Our group met up in our hotel room to get ready for Dapper Day. My friend did my hair and makeup for me, which turned out great, and we all headed over to Trader Sam’s for a few drinks. While there, I received a text from a friend, who happens to be a Club 33 member, that he might be able to get us into 1901 and to meet him there. We rushed over there as quickly as we could. While we awaited entrance, we took photos by the sign.

Once we were in, the first place I wanted a photo was in these infamous chairs:

I immediately started walking around the lounge, taking photos of anything and everything that caught my eye (including my reflection, apparently).

As you can see, I wasn’t using a flash on most of these photos. I apologize for the yellow tinge, as I said I have NO skills and I didn’t want to be obnoxious with a flash in there!

“It says ‘1901’ on it! Take a picture of me with it!”

I thought the ceiling has an interesting design…

Watching the bartender make the famous sphere of ice

Relaxing and relishing in the experience

While chatting, I was approached by a fellow Mice Chatter, PinBrian!! We ran into each other in the parks months ago and had commented on the fact that he and my husband were wearing identical shirts. I didn’t think much of it, but then when I posted my TR, he commented that that was him! A definite “small world” moment brought to you by Mice Chat. So it was awesome (and random) to see him, again!

Of course, I asked for a photo.

I’m so glad you said “Hi”!!

My group decided to take a couple photos together (the fifth member of the group was the cameraman because he’s shy)

As we went back to our seating area, the boys discovered that the object in front of the lamp was a phone charger!

I went back to taking more photos.

I tried to get a picture of Walt’s shadow.

One of the ice spheres, post-consumption.

Our host/sponsor pointed out some of the LED frames that animate occasionally. I’m sure there’s a video of it somewhere that could explain it far better than I, so here’s a photo in the meantime.

I wanted a photo with the bartender, who took great care of us while we were there.

While in 1901, I got a text with some good friends that I made during the Spring Dapper Day. I had planned to meet up with them earlier, but when the opportunity to go to 1901 presented itself I couldn’t turn it down. Because they’re amazing ladies, they met me in front of 1901 so we could at least take a photo together. (Note: Yes, I am that pale. My legs glow in the black lights on Peter Pan)

They then almost brought me to tears when they surprised me with presents for Sophia. I absolutely love and adore these ladies, and plan to spend many more Dapper Days with them! (Plus, how freaking stunning are they?!)

My group then exited from 1901 to take a few more pictures.

And with that, we ended our night early. We were all wiped out from the heat, and pregnancy was really hitting me hard with swollen, sore feet and exhaustion. We’re all looking forward to and hoping to attend the Spring event, where the weather should be much more tolerable!!

Next up: Saturday! And impromptu decision to eat breakfast at Goofy’s Kitchen, and meeting up with more Mice Chat friends at Hermosa Beach.

• Selfie Expert

Saturday morning, before we drove home, I wanted to grab breakfast at Steakhouse 55, then meet some friends at Hermosa Beach.

While we were trying to find Steakhouse 55, we came across Goofy’s Kitchen. I asked if they were taking walk-ups, and they said yes, so we decided to just do it! Of course, as soon as we walked up to the counter, we saw Steakhouse 55 was right next to it. We stuck with our decision to try our first character meal, though.

We were greeted by Goofy, himself!

First to stop by was Chip.

Next was Aladdin. He was the most in-character character I’ve come across. He had all of Aladdin’s mannerisms, and even told us stories about why Jasmine wasn’t there, how Abu wakes him up, etc. It was great!

Pluto came by!

Then he had some fun using Goofy’s long ears to cover his eyes.

Then I saw this guy walking around, and bounced around in my seat with impatience until he finally came by to see us!

I was so excited to meet a character I’d never met before!

On to the food photos – I wanted to taste everything I possibly could, so we shared all of our plates so we could have a few bites of a lot of different things.

As we were about to leave, our waiter told us to wait and brought these out for us!

We agreed that Goofy’s was worth every penny, and we were really happy we decided to do it. We felt like we kind of wasted Friday, having only been in the parks for a few hours, and this kind of made up for it. I would definitely recommend it if you enjoy character interactions, buffets, or have kids!

We then checked out of the Grand Californian and headed out to Hermosa Beach. The weather was absolutely PERFECT!

Our purpose for driving out here was not just to check out the beach, but to meet up with a friend and Mice Chatter many of you are probably familiar with if you are a fan of Trip Reports:

It’s Joe (mre200200) and Theresa!!

The boys kindly set up a nice spot for all of us to lounge together after we’d all enjoyed some really yummy burgers at one of the restaurants.

Then we just soaked up the surroundings and talked for a few hours.

I had no beachwear with me, so I was in jeans. Really, though, look how pale I am… do I look like someone who goes to the beach regularly??

We had to hit the road, otherwise we could’ve spent all day out there. It was a perfect ending to our trip! We had new experiences, made new friends, and I had a fantastic face sunburn complete with a sunglass-outline.

Life doesn’t get much better than this!
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 09-17-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Chip/Dale brain fart

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

This whole trip report was amazing from beginning to end! I checked every morning for any new updates I'm quite sad it's now over. Ah well. Glad you shared your awesome trip with us though! You and your husband looked great in your Dapper clothes! It seemed like you guys had a great time at the DLR, and even got to achieve a few things on your 'to do list!' Looking forward to seeing more trip reports from you in the future!

• Selfie Expert

Thank you!! Your comments really mean a lot! I'm pretty sad it's over, too! Haha

• Mrs. J. Depp

LOVE IT Kelly!! You are becoming as good at trip reports as Joe. Glad you all got to spend time together! Fantastic recollection of your Dapper Day. Wish I could have been there to partake in the festivities!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Chief Troublemaker

Oh Kelly! What a lucky pup you are to be able to go back to Club 33 AND to be able to visit 1901 this time, too! I'd love to see 1901, it sounds really cool. I keep saying maybe someday I'll win the lottery. A platinum membership is the first thing on my list LOL.

You look really adorable in your Dapper duds! And you are one of the women who get the pregnancy glow.

Little Sophia will have some really great stories to listen to AND will have Disney fans for parents! A lucky little Princess, for sure!

BFF and I (aka '2 crazy girls') are headed back to DLR in February. YAY! I know you'll be busy about then with new baby stuff, so we'll blow a kiss for you at the light in Walt's window.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Under that tree again!

Thanks Kelly.

My sole sarcastic comment is that at Goofy's kitchen, Dale is looking chipper
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• formerly very helpful

You and your husband looked great. Bow ties are cool.

• Disneyland Dreamer

A picture perfect finish, and even a meet and greet with Joe and Theresa. Such fun. Good times with great people. Every Disney trip should be so fun. I hope we cross paths in February for DD.

• Joe Flowers

Awesome trip report Kelly. When you go to Disneyland, you definitely go big. Club 33. 1901. Carthay Circle (okay not so great this time). Dapper Day. Goofy's Kitchen. Wow!

I'm glad you were able to make it out to Hermosa Beach to hang out. Of course you had to photobomb my picture.
    Keep up the trip reports!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    LOVE IT Kelly!! You are becoming as good at trip reports as Joe. Glad you all got to spend time together! Fantastic recollection of your Dapper Day. Wish I could have been there to partake in the festivities!
    Thanks! I don't have the photo skills and detail that Joe does in his TRs, but he's certainly an inspiration! You should really try to make it out for Dapper Day, it's a super fun, unique experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Oh Kelly! What a lucky pup you are to be able to go back to Club 33 AND to be able to visit 1901 this time, too! I'd love to see 1901, it sounds really cool. I keep saying maybe someday I'll win the lottery. A platinum membership is the first thing on my list LOL.

You look really adorable in your Dapper duds! And you are one of the women who get the pregnancy glow.

Little Sophia will have some really great stories to listen to AND will have Disney fans for parents! A lucky little Princess, for sure!

BFF and I (aka '2 crazy girls') are headed back to DLR in February. YAY! I know you'll be busy about then with new baby stuff, so we'll blow a kiss for you at the light in Walt's window.
    Aww thanks, Stormy!! When in February are you going?? I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip, you two seem like a lot of fun to hang out with!! I can't wait to share my love for Disney with my daughter. More Disney minions!!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Thanks Kelly.

Hehe I can always count on your for a good laugh, swampy!! Thanks for stopping by!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    You and your husband looked great. Bow ties are cool.
    Thank you! I totally agree, bow ties are the coolest!

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    A picture perfect finish, and even a meet and greet with Joe and Theresa. Such fun. Good times with great people. Every Disney trip should be so fun. I hope we cross paths in February for DD.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can make it, and if we can I will definitely post something to see if there can be some kind of meet up arranged!! I'm really happy to hear you're going, and am glad that I can at least enjoy your TR even if I can't attend.

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Awesome trip report Kelly. When you go to Disneyland, you definitely go big. Club 33. 1901. Carthay Circle (okay not so great this time). Dapper Day. Goofy's Kitchen. Wow!

I'm glad you were able to make it out to Hermosa Beach to hang out. Of course you had to photobomb my picture.
    Keep up the trip reports!
    That's what you get for trying to take a candid shot! I can promise more of those next time. I'm so glad we finally got to meet! Definitely the best way to end our trip, and I'm sure we'll be ending almost all of our trips with a visit to the beach (and hopefully you guys) in the future!

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Thanks Kelly.

LOL. I was wondering why Dale was wearing Chip's apron. *shifty eyes*
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    LOL. I was wondering why Dale was wearing Chip's apron. *shifty eyes*
    Oops! I always get their dang names mixed up! I'll fix it. (Durr... the name is on him and everything...)

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Oops! I always get their dang names mixed up! I'll fix it. (Durr... the name is on him and everything...)
    An easy way I remember it is "Chip has a black nose. His nose looks like a chocolate chip!"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast