Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Evil is Sexy

Re: Club 33, 1901, and Dapper Day - Sept 5th & 6th

Dale always has the goofy, toothy smile and red nose. He's the "unusual" one. Chip is the normal one.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    An easy way I remember it is "Chip has a black nose. His nose looks like a chocolate chip!"
    That's exactly the kind of thing that will make me remember! Thank you!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I heard a lot of mixed reviews. I think I might try it again for lunch or something, I really want to give the food a shot, but it definitely was a disappointment.

Next time, I think we'll try Napa Rose. I've heard nothing but good things about that place. I do want to give Carthay another try, though, as I've heard good things about it. I think we just had bad luck. And thank you!
    You should definitely give Carthay another try! We have only been once, but it was in a party of seven and to do the priority seating for World of Color and we had ZERO issues. The service and food were outstanding! Everything was delicious (including my pear martini, complete with baby pear!) and our server was the perfect amount of attentive. I will say, however, that it was not crowded the night we were there and it was a weeknight in mid-November (so off-season).

Also, your photos are completely adorable, especially the "26 weeks" one! And I am SO jelly that you have been to Club33 not once, but twice!!!

This was an awesome TR. Had a lot of fun reading it and seeing all the pics. I agree with all the Carthay Circle stuff. Surprised my GF with it last Valentines day and it was so so. Not great service, not bad service. Just not what I expected for such a restaurant. I loved all the food places show. Ill have to try some of these different options!

• Seeker of Fun

What I love about your pictures is that it "cements" a moment in time like your pregnancy, to a specific location. You can come back for years to come in front of the castle for example, and take a picture with your daughter..maybe even hold up a sign indicating how many weeks she is. My wife and I loved to to this when our kids were about 5. How old are they? Oh..she's 300 weeks..etc.. Great report!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by julesofhearts View Post
    You should definitely give Carthay another try! We have only been once, but it was in a party of seven and to do the priority seating for World of Color and we had ZERO issues. The service and food were outstanding! Everything was delicious (including my pear martini, complete with baby pear!) and our server was the perfect amount of attentive. I will say, however, that it was not crowded the night we were there and it was a weeknight in mid-November (so off-season).

Also, your photos are completely adorable, especially the "26 weeks" one! And I am SO jelly that you have been to Club33 not once, but twice!!!
    I really want to give Carthay another shot. It wasn't even a busy night for the parks, being a Thursday, I think we just hit it on a bad night. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! That's my favorite photo from the bunch, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleandginger View Post
    This was an awesome TR. Had a lot of fun reading it and seeing all the pics. I agree with all the Carthay Circle stuff. Surprised my GF with it last Valentines day and it was so so. Not great service, not bad service. Just not what I expected for such a restaurant. I loved all the food places show. Ill have to try some of these different options!
    I love trying all the different foods!! I always have a list of foods I want to try on each trip, but never manage to get through my entire list. I am a huge fan of park food.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    What I love about your pictures is that it "cements" a moment in time like your pregnancy, to a specific location. You can come back for years to come in front of the castle for example, and take a picture with your daughter..maybe even hold up a sign indicating how many weeks she is. My wife and I loved to to this when our kids were about 5. How old are they? Oh..she's 300 weeks..etc.. Great report!
    Haha! I like that idea! I definitely plan to take pictures in the parks with her in a few spots to make it a tradition and mark our growth together as a family and on her own. I can't wait!

Loved your trip report!

Great Trip report and what a super cute couple you both are, I really like the dapper outfits.
    The only thing I don't understand is the anniversary pins you guys wore. it looks like they say 11 years, that is wrong, right? That would mean you got married at what 13 or 14 years old??

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    Loved your trip report!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    Great Trip report and what a super cute couple you both are, I really like the dapper outfits.
    The only thing I don't understand is the anniversary pins you guys wore. it looks like they say 11 years, that is wrong, right? That would mean you got married at what 13 or 14 years old??
    Thanks! Actually, we've been together for 11 years. We celebrate our dating anniversary, and we've been a couple since I was 15 and he was 16. We'll have been married 4 years next month, but we didn't want to start all over with anniversaries (we already had 7 years invested!) when we got married so we don't really celebrate that one as much.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Thank you!

Thanks! Actually, we've been together for 11 years. We celebrate our dating anniversary, and we've been a couple since I was 15 and he was 16. We'll have been married 4 years next month, but we didn't want to start all over with anniversaries (we already had 7 years invested!) when we got married so we don't really celebrate that one as much.
    I thought the wife and I were kind of outliers. Together for 8 years before marriage, and another 10 years married. Over half our lives.

Good to see another set of school-age sweethearts who ended up together in the end.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    I thought the wife and I were kind of outliers. Together for 8 years before marriage, and another 10 years married. Over half our lives.

Good to see another set of school-age sweethearts who ended up together in the end.
    I think it still is a rarity, and seems to be getting more rare. I had several friends get married out of high school, but few have stayed together. I love hearing about relationships that started young and have lasted through the years. It's so inspiring!

My aunt and uncle met when she was 14 and he was 18. They are still married at 48 and 52 years old.

My brother's friend Cindy met her now husband Gabe when she was 14 or 15. In High School someone asked if she thought they would be together forever and without missing a beat she said "No." Everyone got really quiet and someone said "You know Gabe is right next to you, right?" and she replied "Well, I love Gabe, but come on, we're only 15. Who stays together with someone they dated when they're only 15?" Her, apparently, as they are now in their mid-thirties and married with a new baby.

I met my wife through one of my friends, we knew each other about 3 months (they were dating) then they broke up. She called me to hang out as friends and we ended up dating for 6 months, then we were engaged for about 5 months, now we have been married for 18yrs. No kids, lots of pets.
    Last edited by mine,mine,mine; 09-27-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Thank you!

Well I guess I really wasn't that far off with 13-14 yrs old. That does sound like a funer way to celebrate the anniversary.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    My aunt and uncle met when she was 14 and he was 18. They are still married at 48 and 52 years old.

My brother's friend Cindy met her now husband Gabe when she was 14 or 15. In High School someone asked if she thought they would be together forever and without missing a beat she said "No." Everyone got really quiet and someone said "You know Gabe is right next to you, right?" and she replied "Well, I love Gabe, but come on, we're only 15. Who stays together with someone they dated when they're only 15?" Her, apparently, as they are now in their mid-thirties and married with a new baby.
    So sweet!

I met my wife through one of my friends, we knew each other about 3 months (they were dating) then they broke up. She called me to hang out as friends and we ended up dating for 6 months, then we were engaged for about 5 months, now we have been married for 18yrs. No kids, lots of pets.
    You two are the other end of the spectrum - a short courtship! Those stories are just as exciting to here when they've worked out like that. Love it! Also, hooray for lots of pets. We have several fur babies, as well.

Well I guess I really wasn't that far off with 13-14 yrs old. That does sound like a funer way to celebrate the anniversary.
    Nope, you weren't too far off, and I'm totally okay with you assuming I'm a few years younger than I actually am!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567