• California Adventurer...

Conjure A Villain back this year?

I really liked this little area last year and thought the Conjure A Villain meet n' greet was a nice treat. Any news on whether or not it will be back? (That area could use an attraction...)

Also, although it isn't relevant this year because of closures, but why hasn't Disney ever considered a Halloween overlay for BTMRR? It seems like such a given.

• Singing Drinker

Re: Conjure A Villain back this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I really liked this little area last year and thought the Conjure A Villain meet n' greet was a nice treat. Any news on whether or not it will be back? (That area could use an attraction...)

Also, although it isn't relevant this year because of closures, but why hasn't Disney ever considered a Halloween overlay for BTMRR? It seems like such a given.
    The only thrill ride they've given an overlay to so far is Space Mountain, and the overlay is *very* definitely constructed so as to not impact non-Halloween operations - they just don't turn the projectors or music on. Trying to do an overlay on BTMRR or Matterhorn would be intrinsically problematic on many levels - they're just not conducive to the Disney style of rollercoaster overlay, and I can only begin to imagine the amount of deep testing they'd need to do with the speeds involved.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I don't see why not.

From Disneyland.com:
    Meet some Disney villains as they are conjured up in a sideshow tent at the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Queen Elsa

I was hoping it be back the old way. I was very disapointed in last years. You only got to meet 1 villian where in the pass you get to meet 3. And last year it was the same two I got every time I when. The Queen & Hook. Hook I don't mine but come on where is Cruella,Big Bad Wolf,Blower Hat Guy or even The wicked Witch or even the Step Sisters and Lady Termine.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I was hoping it be back the old way. I was very disapointed in last years. You only got to meet 1 villian where in the pass you get to meet 3. And last year it was the same two I got every time I when. The Queen & Hook. Hook I don't mine but come on where is Cruella,Big Bad Wolf,Blower Hat Guy or even The wicked Witch or even the Step Sisters and Lady Termine.
    Sadly it's kinda par for the course - Disney tends to start out catering to the widest possible audience and then pares it back on the assumption that repeat visitors are going to attend anyway, so why change what's still drawing? (see HM Holiday)
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I went last year to this. My group and I didn't even know about this at all and I hadn't been to Disneyland for a couple years so last year was the first I had gone to the Conjure a Villain and we got Cruella, so she was around. She was a lot of fun but I had no idea there used to be 3 at a time, that would have obviously been better=)

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by OceanAlice View Post
    I went last year to this. My group and I didn't even know about this at all and I hadn't been to Disneyland for a couple years so last year was the first I had gone to the Conjure a Villain and we got Cruella, so she was around. She was a lot of fun but I had no idea there used to be 3 at a time, that would have obviously been better=)
    the problem is Cruella is out every day. Both parks when Dancin is running.
    Evil Queen is there most days.
    Hook is usually at Plaza Inn Breakfast.

There was nothing special about the tent other than sweltering in the sun, multiple times, hoping they would have someone different, and never did.

By having them out in the open, you only had people in line who wanted to be there. The tent had people looping the line multiple times not knowing.

Conjure a villain will be back, and by all appearances, it will be bigger. I saw the tent last weekend, and it was bigger than last years. Hopefully they'll let us meet more than one villain this time.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.