Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: Disney please update Star Tours!

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    I got it from http://www.1313southharborblvd.com.

It's part of the 13 disk 'Disneyland... A Retrospective" set:

http://www.1313southharborblvd.com/A...ar%20Tours.mp3
    Thanks...

I however wish that 1313SHBvd would try to work on making their website more accesable... i.e. Less Bandwith Intesive Graphic Backgrounds designed for 100000000000000000000000 x 12000000000000000000000 sized screens... Might help with bandwith too...

Back to Star Tours, I rode on the blacking out Star Speeder (I Think It's SS No. 3) - It Detracted from the reality of the ride.

Yes! Keep the crazy hairdo lady! (Although I call her the "Eyebrow Lady" - ever count how many times she raises her eyebrows? It'd make a fun drinking game)

And keep the "Kuchana Kuchana" announcement.

Other than that, a new film would be nice. I'd take anything at this point. Lucas did say (or imply, anyway) he was going to make a new Star Tours film, but he's been saying that since the late 1980's.

• Infinitized!

They need to switch it to a Spaceballs overlay!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa
    They need to switch it to a Spaceballs overlay!
    I don't think the GP could handle Ludicrous speed!

A remake of star tours should not be done as a simple, cheap replacement of audio and recallibration of the movement. I for one would like to see them go all out with this project and re-do Star Tours with a "StormRider" style edge to it featuring larger digital screens, more cabin effects, clearer sound and better motion - the current Star Tours Motion Bases feature only 4 platforms of movement - meaning the ride is limited to side, dip and corner movement. A Six Base simulator allows full spectrum as well as more fluid movement. Pretty much every Theme Park Simulator Attraction built after Star Tours features this superior technology. Additionally, The technology is Far cheaper nowadays since ST took it's first passenger flights back in 87 so they could do this very effectively without breaking the bank and still have the extra funds to re-invest into SPFX for the ride.
    Last edited by Mickey_D; 01-28-2006 at 03:04 AM.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    As much as would like to see a new Star Tours......

you can't get rid of the crazy hair lady..

It always reminded me of the cheesy inflight safety videos of American Airlines
    I don't mean to get off subject or anything, but that's the evil lady who tried to kill me on Test Track!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Star Tours is my favorite Disneyland attraction, but it has been neglected and abused for far too long.

I just happened to see "Revenge of the Sith" for the first time last night, and I loved it. (I had been procrastinating about seeing Episode III because the previous installments were a little underwhelming.)

I am more excited than ever, now, about taking the new flights that should have been available years ago.

"Revenge of the Sith" greatly exceeded my expectations, so a re-imagined Star Tours, offering new flights, has just as much potential to do so. Hopefully, Disney is currently developing an update.

• e komo mai

I hope that Disney embracing Pixar will also mean them opening up talks again with Lucas. (Although, I think Lucas needs to be supervised. His last three movies would have been worlds better if he had a producer over him that told him 'no' every now and then. ie. Jar Jar.)

There are tons of fun things that could be done to the queue and ride film.

I think they should totally make it happen.

Red Face Re: Disney please update Star Tours!

Is it just me, or is that a hidden Mickey?
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D
    A remake of star tours should not be done as a simple, cheap replacement of audio and recallibration of the movement. I for one would like to see them go all out with this project and re-do Star Tours with a "StormRider" style edge to it featuring larger digital screens, more cabin effects, clearer sound and better motion - the current Star Tours Motion Bases feature only 4 platforms of movement - meaning the ride is limited to side, dip and corner movement. A Six Base simulator allows full spectrum as well as more fluid movement. Pretty much every Theme Park Simulator Attraction built after Star Tours features this superior technology. Additionally, The technology is Far cheaper nowadays since ST took it's first passenger flights back in 87 so they could do this very effectively without breaking the bank and still have the extra funds to re-invest into SPFX for the ride.
    Amen to this!

I recall reading an article where Lucas would NOT consider redoing the ride unless Disney management agreed to a better up keep on the ride system, a newer ride system and the prospect of all digital elements that could easily be updated with new ride experiances every few years or a whole series of random adventures that would change almost daily.

I for one like the smaller size of the current ride system, it means 2 or 3 can be running while 1 or 2 are loading, unlike the Storm Rider chasis system. I suppose any upgrade would be an improvement. I also believe it would be in there interest to overtake much if not all of the Starcade and store, first and second floor for expansion and a rethemed queuing area.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Bear

Exactly what I was thinking, so no, it isn't just you. And to think I never noticed it before ........

By all means ...... update the ride ........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

With John Lassiter recently going over neglected WDI plans, I'm sure this one will be fast-tracked. I can't wait.

Pragmatic, glad you finally saw Episode III! And glad you liked it.

LOVE the crazy hair lady! That whole safety film is priceless.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Exactly what I was thinking, so no, it isn't just you. And to think I never noticed it before ........

By all means ...... update the ride ........
    How can that be a Hidden Mickey when she only has one Mickey Mouse Ear?

• Prefect

Blog Entries

star tours is one of my all-time favorite rides & i still get that giddy butterflies feeling every time i ride it. i guess i could handle an update, but the way that the prequels turned out really make me nervous as to how it might end up. i agree with GC, if Lucas had a few more "no" men instead of all "yes" men, we might end up with something brilliant!
    <o>

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL
    How can that be a Hidden Mickey when she only has one Mickey Mouse Ear?
    Her head is the head, and the two round "hair structures" to the left are the ears.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast