Splash Mountain Animatronics

Does anyone know if the animatronics issue has been fixed on this ride? I have not heard anything lately.

Re: Splash Mountain Animatronics

Not as of last fri. Lots of broken and missing effects.

• Minion

yes, they have, on the zombie game trailer introduced here a couple days ago, they were working fine.

no they have not.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
    --> Zero to Hero Transformation

I thought not, but never hurts to ask.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

No. Its so sad.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Not to add to the rumor mill and keep in mind I cannot verify any of this information, I believe the city has filed safety violations on the ladders and paths that the cast members use to reach the animatronics. Unfortunately the status has changed on the citation and is no longer available to view. Ive heard that they were able to reopen splash mountain by closing the unsafe paths.

News: Several Disneyland Resort Rides Closed Amid Safety Violations
    if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.

The boat and its passengers at the end are broken. The lighting throughout seemed like it was too dark, similar to WDW's when it was a complete and total disaster a year ago.

I have a feeling that come the start of the year, a long closure might be in the works for this ride (possibly once BTMR opens back up & the holiday season ends).

• Tony Baxter Fan Club

I personally would enjoy seeing that happen.
    'Splash' looked bad this past week when i rode several times.
    Many of the AAs are in poor working condition, and outright dirty furred.
    Brer Rabbit has bad scratch marks on his eyes in two key scenes where you view him close up ( first full bodied figure, post-finale last scene figure).

As mentioned above, the Zip-a-Dee-Lady riverboat is not rocking and many of the figures need work..particularly the row of lady birds on the top deck. All four/five of them are frozen stiff...with no animation signals present.

I also agree that it seemed rather dark in there. I am just guessing here, but it could be from lights that have burned out and not been replaced.

It needs to go down for a full extensive refurb ala WDWs recent redo. It was wonderful to see their 'Splash Mountain' get some love and it looks fantastic.
    Would love to see the DL Original get some of that love, too.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by sean317 View Post
    I have a feeling that come the start of the year, a long closure might be in the works for this ride (possibly once BTMR opens back up & the holiday season ends).
    SM just went down for a major rehab. From what I understand pending safety regulations are making it difficult to get in there to fix what's needed at the moment.

I guess my real question here is, why would it take so long to fix a safety issue? There has to be more to the story. They sure did fix SM in a hurry. I guess maybe there are a lot of animatronics to be fixed.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by sean317 View Post
    I guess my real question here is, why would it take so long to fix a safety issue? There has to be more to the story. They sure did fix SM in a hurry. I guess maybe there are a lot of animatronics to be fixed.
    Space Mountain probably didn't need the amount of work that Splash requires, and it was heading into the busy summer months. I also assume that the amount of work needed also meant that it couldn't be down in this small interim between the summer and Halloween/Christmas months. Add on to BTMR being down until late Oct at the earliest, and the park probably couldn't afford to take the ride down (for reference here, Materhorn underwent a week of maintenance at the beginning of September, but the work on Splash is obviously more advanced).

My best guess is that they ride out the holiday season, and then shut the ride down in January. From there, I imagine the scope of work will be close to what was done with BTMR, and a more permanent fix is put in place that would allow for more regular maintenance to occur and prevent the current situation from happening in the future.

• Tony Baxter Fan Club

That would be great, as *Splash* definately needs some attention as far as the Show elements go.

It was nice to experience the attraction again, but the current state of the presentation is slightly dissapointing for a fan of AAs and the entire themed ride as a whole.
    Nothing a decent multi-month refurb cannot fix. It just needs to have one ...and soon !

Perhaps after BTMR comes back online....and the slower season returns early next year?

Would like to see that happen, as The Original *Splash* deserves it !