Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Court of Angels IS going to Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The problem is the Dream Suite would 1. Require too much renovation, as in major bucks were already spent, and 2. It is not "near" the main dining room and jazz lounge.
    At some point Disney might well decide to expand NOS underneath and west of the New Orleans Train station, which would require building an underground walk-way, and extending facades on the side of the Pirates showbuilding, and figure out an appropriate facade for the HM showbuilding . . . yeah, there is some backstage equipment that would need to be moved, but it might be nearing its life expectancy anyway, there's enough room there to put something as big as NOS! If they took out westsider grill, they could add even more stuff, and put in a 2-3 little Court of Angel style nooks, also room for a good size showbuilding if they relocate some backstage stuff. (Princess Tiana's River boat adventure anyone? After all, they could use a combined water treatment system for Pirates and a new boat ride.)

Of course, that will mean that the "So Dear to My Life" inspired train station will be removed, but it always seemed odd to have two train stations anyway . . .

Name:  100_0989.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  162.3 KB

And if they expand NOS underneath the train station, this would push Disneyland's western edge closer to Downtown Disney, and to the Grand Californian. This area of the park was home to Holidayland, which was Disneyland's second entrance back in the day, will the suits decide that some of the Grand Californian's guests want a more accessible entrance to the park?

Is this park actually expanding or is it your imagination?
    Last edited by chesirecat; 09-13-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked82 View Post
    Best post.. EVER!

Let's face the facts people, Disney needs revenue to survive. Nostalgia is great and all, but nostalgia doesn't always pay the bills.
    This is a total failure of logic I'm afraid. One, Disney doesn't need revenue from COA. They just don't. Secondly, nostalgia DOES pay the bills. Why is Disneyland the greatest, and most profitable park in the world? It's BECAUSE of the nostalgia. It was built on nostalgia, it stays on top because of nostalgia, and will continue to succeed because of it.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    What matters is how they ultimately chose to design and construct the final product, which has been there since the beginning of NOS. Saying that there was a "potential" concept back then to make this area part of Club 33 doesn't justify what they are doing to it in 2013. This area has already developed a strong history and has contributed greatly to the aesthetics and thematic cohesion of the park which millions of people have enjoyed and cherished.
    Precisely.

Here's a personal story that exemplifies this:

When I was a kid, I attended a Halloween party in another neighborhood. While trick-or-treating, we noticed that someone had abandoned a box of kittens. My friend's brother took one of the kittens back to the party, but his mom wouldn't let him keep it, so I took it home instead. My mom bonded with it and it became her cat. Just last week, the cat died of old age. Am I supposed to comfort my mom by saying, "Don't be upset. Never mind all of your memories and personal experiences with the cat; you were never meant to have the cat in the first place"? Of course not, it would be of little comfort.

Likewise, the knowledge that CoA may have been originally planned as a private space does not allow me to throw out my own memories and experiences of it.
    Last edited by The First Star; 09-13-2013 at 11:08 AM.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    This is a total failure of logic I'm afraid. One, Disney doesn't need revenue from COA. They just don't. Secondly, nostalgia DOES pay the bills. Why is Disneyland the greatest, and most profitable park in the world? It's BECAUSE of the nostalgia. It was built on nostalgia, it stays on top because of nostalgia, and will continue to succeed because of it.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Iger promised some exciting things that would be announced this fall, we'll have to wait and see . . .
    Come on, the excitement has already started! The Club 33 (or will it be called Club CoA?) expansion is VERY exciting for the few hundred additional club members it will support.

And for regular guests like me, now after exiting POTC, I won't have the CoA to distract me on my way to HM. That's exciting! I kind of wish they'd get rid of that park in front of the train station too. Or at least make a path right through the middle of it. It takes too much time to get around the fountain. Maybe this will be on Iger's exciting change list.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    People act as if they spend hours in the COA during every visit. Everyone here talks about the love and charm and the engagments that have happened there and how many "thousands" of people have enjoyed it and are going to miss it. What about the ones who have walked by it, no knowing it even exist? Whats about the people who are there for attractions and shows? The out of towner tourist... Do you think they give 2 mickey ears about the COA? Would a kid from Colorado rather see Mickey or some "quiet" spot in NOS? Think about it, the only ones opposed to this idea are the hardcore disney fans. Guys, nobody cares about the COA. The guy from New York doesn't care. The people from Canada, they don't care. The guy here for the college football game, he doesn't care. Its not even worth complaining about, it makes no sense. Its a change that needs to be accepted because when you look at a bigger picture you realize that most people, if of course they're not disney fans, don't care its going away. If things never changed Disneyland would become stale, if things stayed the same the product would become flat
    Are you sure about that? I mean really sure? Betcha you’re wrong. I know quite a few occasional visitors, and I mean once every 8-10 years occasional visitors, who would offer evidence to the opposite.

Let's face the facts people, Disney needs revenue to survive. Nostalgia is great and all, but nostalgia doesn't always pay the bills.
    If the Disney company is going to go under unless they convert the Court des Anges, it may be time to sell some of my stock because that is a company that is not far from Chapter 11.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The problem is the Dream Suite would 1. Require too much renovation, as in major bucks were already spent, and 2. It is not "near" the main dining room and jazz lounge.
    1. Not really. If they just use the patio, it wouldn't require any.
    2. It.s just as close as the CoA. There is a back door to the Dream Suite off the balcony that the CoA stairs access.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    People act as if they spend hours in the COA during every visit. Everyone here talks about the love and charm and the engagments that have happened there and how many "thousands" of people have enjoyed it and are going to miss it. What about the ones who have walked by it, no knowing it even exist? Whats about the people who are there for attractions and shows? The out of towner tourist... Do you think they give 2 mickey ears about the COA? Would a kid from Colorado rather see Mickey or some "quiet" spot in NOS? Think about it, the only ones opposed to this idea are the hardcore disney fans. Guys, nobody cares about the COA. The guy from New York doesn't care. The people from Canada, they don't care. The guy here for the college football game, he doesn't care. Its not even worth complaining about, it makes no sense. Its a change that needs to be accepted because when you look at a bigger picture you realize that most people, if of course they're not disney fans, don't care its going away. If things never changed Disneyland would become stale, if things stayed the same the product would become flat
    So, how did you come to the conclusion that the people from Canada don't visit the CoA?
    Have you started a survey? I'm not sure if you know this or not (most people do) but Disneyland is a "Locals" park meaning that the vast majority of visitors are from the area or the California region. Haven't you heard there are over 1 million AP holders? You might want to do some research before blathering on about who or who does not visit certain aspects of Disneyland.

Best post.. EVER!

You were saying something about facts? Maybe YOU should look up facts about Disney and their revenue.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    2. It.s just as close as the CoA. There is a back door to the Dream Suite off the balcony that the CoA stairs access.
    Not sure how you'd fit the elevator up to the Club unless you also want to close Pirates and substantially reconfigure the line. The current location is both not really ADA friendly nor is it going to be going into an area that will be open to the public under the rebuild.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Banned User

Actually, that door off of the CoA gallery goes to the Club 33 manager's offices, from there to the current Club 33 bathrooms, then you'd have to walk through the trophy room and kitchen then you'd hit the Dream Suite. They can't have guests walking through the new expanded Club 33 kitchen, hence the Dream Suite wouldn't work as a waiting area.

• Closed Account

There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say.
    A statement the Disney Company might do well to remember.

Not everything at the park needs to be driven by profits. That's why we have Snow White Grotto, or Town Square, or COA, or the Lilly Belle.

• Senior Minion

Let's face the facts people, Disney needs revenue to survive.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that...

Orlando Sentinel, November 8, 2012: Walt Disney Co. ends fiscal 2012 with record revenue, profit, earnings per share

New York Times, May 7, 2013: Gains at Disney Parks Lift Profit

Bloomberg News, May 8, 2013: Disney's Second-Quarter Net Rises 32% as Park Guests Splurge

Orlando Sentinel, August 6, 2013: Disney profit inches up as travelers spend more at its parks
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Not unless the entry is through the kitchen of the Club.. And the elevator to the Dream Suite would make guests have to go through the DS to get to the kitchen area.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Best post.. EVER!

Why all this nonsense about nostalgia? Sure it is nostalgic for some. But to many others discovering Disneyland for the first time, they might just stumble upon it and realize that it is the perfect spot for a family photo, or a first kiss, or just to take a break from the busy park just around the corner. Please explain how this is nostalgia?

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    They could take out the current bathrooms by the train station (and put in bathrooms somewhere else), and build a secret little entrance there that goes up, closer to the jazz club, but further away from the old Club 33 main dining room.

They could add bathrooms near the haunted mansion fast pass area.
    If the infrastructure was there, this would be the ideal solution.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast