Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: Court of Angels IS going to Yesterland

In fact, "The Artists Patio" (the original name for the COA) was one of the earlier concepts.

The idea of courtyards in NOS was an essential element for the place, and was critical to the land's effectiveness. To now suggest (as several have, with absolutely no proof offered to support their contention) that the Artists Patio was never meant to be, or was to have some other purpose at some undisclosed time in the future, is quite simply, ludicrous.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 09-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Davelandweb View Post
    Olivia - Take a poll of the average guest (I'm talking average...not the fans of yesteryear like us) and see if they even are aware of the Court of Angels. You'll have your answer then.
    Better idea - stand at the exit to the COA and ask every guest if they knew about it or not before stumbling upon it. And then ask them if they enjoyed it. I'm sure you will also have an answer.

COA is quite an area I think. Many non-Disney fans that I know of enjoy it. It is one part o the park that should not go away.

I can't say anything more than what's already been said about this. The current company mentality, another little bit of magic and detail carved away etc. etc....we all know the laundry list.

So just count me among those very much saddened by the loss of another little piece of Disneyland's history.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    With the Court of Angels being closed off to guests Disneyland is losing some of it's atmosphere. What does this have to do with whether it's 1955 or 2013? Do guests today not come to Disneyland for the atmosphere?
    Bingo. Closing the Court of Angels has exactly squat to do with what was allegedly planned when Walt was alive, and has everything to do with Disney Corp milking more money from the Club33 cow. It's typical of today's Disneyland, where cash stream talks and atmosphere walks.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Sorry for the dumb question. Why can't the new entrance to Club 33 just be a doorway from the Court of Angels, such as at the top of the stairs, for example? Why does it require that the whole court be closed off from the public?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Sorry for the dumb question. Why can't the new entrance to Club 33 just be a doorway from the Court of Angels, such as at the top of the stairs, for example? Why does it require that the whole court be closed off from the public?
    That confuses me as well.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Olivia - Take a poll of the average guest (I'm talking average...not the fans of yesteryear like us) and see if they even are aware of the Court of Angels. You'll have your answer then.
    Doesn't matter whether ALL guest know about it or not. That's part of the charm of New Orleans Square and all of Disneyland, all of the little nooks and crannies that are ready to be discovered and explored! Remove these charming areas from guest access, and you are removing the heart and soul of Disneyland.

Disneyland guests already lost access to one of these charming courtyards, when the Disney Gallery was evicted from above Pirates. Then a 2nd courtyard was Pirated by merchandising, who left less than Zero of the Charm that was previously in that courtyard. Now Disneyland MANAGERS, who are only temporary caretakers of Disneyland, are proving themselves to be LESS CARING than Disney Villains and placing MORE effort into TAKING away charm from Disneyland and its guests.

It's really sad to see how much has been taken away from New Orleans square over the past 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Better idea - stand at the exit to the COA and ask every guest if they knew about it or not before stumbling upon it. And then ask them if they enjoyed it. I'm sure you will also have an answer.

COA is quite an area I think. Many non-Disney fans that I know of enjoy it. It is one part o the park that should not go away.
    No disputing that guests that do experience the COA would enjoy it...but not enough guests go there to make a difference. When thousands go through the gates every day, and only a handful go to the courtyard (I can't think of the last time I've seen anyone spending any time in there), it's not a surprise that the Club 33 expansion is taking over this space.

I agree with Mr. Wiggins...it is about the numbers and the dollars, so why people still seem shocked when this happens anymore is beyond me.
    See vintage & current Disneyland photos, 24/7
    http://davelandweb.com/disneyland
    http://davelandblog.blogspot.com

• Nic

I don't go to Disneyland to visit a 5 x 5 courtyard in New Orleans; while I think it's a shame small areas of Disney are going, Court of Angels serves no purpose other than adding to an already rich and decadent theme. I think the stained glass will be nice.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Master Gracey's Music Man

I personally have no beef with Club 33 members as I see them as people who are able to afford the steep prices but are there to enjoy the park just like the rest of us. I would be happy just to have had a meal there and see the place with my own eyes. I say if you can join the club, go for it and treasure it.
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    Never fear change, but always embrace it. Change can never alter the past but it shapes our future!
    So brave.

Going off to cry quietly in the corner now...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I don't go to Disneyland to visit a 5 x 5 courtyard in New Orleans; while I think it's a shame small areas of Disney are going, Court of Angels serves no purpose other than adding to an already rich and decadent theme. I think the stained glass will be nice.
    You're joking, right? Too much theme? In a theme park?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    For the record, CoA is a lot bigger than 5' x 5'. And just out of curiosity, how much theme are you willing to part with before it becomes too much?

• Minion

No disputing that guests that do experience the COA would enjoy it...but not enough guests go there to make a difference. When thousands go through the gates every day, and only a handful go to the courtyard (I can't think of the last time I've seen anyone spending any time in there), it's not a surprise that the Club 33 expansion is taking over this space.

I agree with Mr. Wiggins...it is about the numbers and the dollars, so why people still seem shocked when this happens anymore is beyond me.
    Thousands go through the gates every day, but only a handful visit Club 33.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    ...The stairway in the Royal Court was to have led to Walt's Apartment...
    The stairway leads upstairs to a backstage hallway that connects the courtyard of the Dream Suite.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast