Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 LastLast

• Hello Dolly.

Re: Court of Angels IS going to Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Boy View Post
    The reason there's never been a Photopass photographer at the Court of the Angels before is because for over 40 years almost nobody went in there.
    lmao!!!

Although I love this place, you got a point haha.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    The Court of Angeles closing has been all over the fan sites, I bet that a lot of people have been coming to get their picture taken, so maybe a guest asked a PhotoPass CM to come to the CoA and take their picture? There have to have been a lot of requests.

It is unknown if CoA will remain completely closed off to the public given that they could open it for meet and greets or perhaps other functions when club 33 isn't open.
    I don't think a PhotoPass CM can just leave their assigned area.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
    • Minion

I could swear that I've seen PhotoPass photogs at CoA at least once before this. As to their presence now, I can see both sides of it. PhotoPass photographers don't hard sell or usually even approach guests uninvited and they're great about letting you take your own photos/using your camera. Also, if you are traveling alone it IS often much easier to hand your camera to a CM/get a Photopass photo than approaching another guest who is doing their own thing.

If they'd blocked off the area to everyone unless they used PhotoPass, insisted you use PhotoPass or banned guests' personal cameras, I'd have an issue with it.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I don't think a PhotoPass CM can just leave their assigned area.
    Right, but if guests are making requests, as they might well have been the past month, to get in those final CoA pictures, then the PhotoPass manager might have reassigned somebody there.

Why is everybody surprised that a photopass is offered. Disneyland is a business and is out to make money.

Of course they are going to do whatever they think will make money for them. If they have an opportunity to make more money absolutely they should take it.

Yes, Disneyland makes a fortune, but if someone is willing to spend more to get their photo taken by a Disney CM then good job by Disney to have someone there for them.

As long as they don't stand in anybody else's way and they don't force people to buy the photos who cares if someone wants a photo taken by a CM.

Seems like a very strange point to argue about IMO. Seems like some people are just trying to find something to complain about.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess there are two sides to every issue, and MiceChatters are really good in pointing out the pros and cons.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

To be honest, I'm surprised it took them till now to put a Photopass person there.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    To be honest, I'm surprised it took them till now to put a Photopass person there.
    Agree. They should have had one there for a while and not just because the CoA is closing.

There are probably a number of guests who appreciate that Disney is serving their needs whether it is a photo that they purchase or that a Disney Photopass cast member can take a photo for them with their personal camera.

No different than when I had a PhotoPass cast member take a picture of our family at the hotel waterfall before it was removed.
    The Mur

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    Why is everybody surprised that a photopass is offered. Disneyland is a business and is out to make money.

Of course they are going to do whatever they think will make money for them. If they have an opportunity to make more money absolutely they should take it.

Yes, Disneyland makes a fortune, but if someone is willing to spend more to get their photo taken by a Disney CM then good job by Disney to have someone there for them.

As long as they don't stand in anybody else's way and they don't force people to buy the photos who cares if someone wants a photo taken by a CM.

Seems like a very strange point to argue about IMO. Seems like some people are just trying to find something to complain about.
    It's not because there is a PhotoPass CM there, it's because there is a PhotoPass CM there NOW, just days before Disney closes the CoA to the public.

It's not because there is a PhotoPass CM there, it's because there is a PhotoPass CM there NOW, just days before Disney closes the CoA to the public.
    Well its obvious why NOW. Because NOW it has been popular. If it was this popular earlier than they would've had one earlier, but since it really never got this much attention until they announced it was closing it has been busy a lot more. I am not saying it was never used, I am saying it is used a lot more now. I will say this is the first time I have ever seen a thread about it, and even some people have made comment they never even knew it was there, or even knew it had a name. So of course Now is the time to get a CM there to make more money, it only makes great business sense. Why pay a CM to stand there when there wasn't a demand earlier.

Also as to why should they not close it? yes lots of people are complaining about it, but I have yet to read anyone say "I am no longer going to go because they are closing CoA". Since they are not going to loose any money over it, why not close it, and why not make money NOW while they can even if only for a few days. Who knows, now that they can make money from a CM standing there, maybe they will keep it open a little longer.

Well its obvious why NOW. Because NOW it has been popular. If it was this popular earlier than they would've had one earlier, but since it really never got this much attention until they announced it was closing it has been busy a lot more. I am not saying it was never used, I am saying it is used a lot more now. I will say this is the first time I have ever seen a thread about it, and even some people have made comment they never even knew it was there, or even knew it had a name. So of course Now is the time to get a CM there to make more money, it only makes great business sense. Why pay a CM to stand there when there wasn't a demand earlier.

Also as to why should they not close it? yes lots of people are complaining about it, but I have yet to read anyone say "I am no longer going to go because they are closing CoA". Since they are not going to loose any money over it, why not close it, and why not make money NOW while they can even if only for a few days. Who knows, now that they can make money from a CM standing there, maybe they will keep it open a little longer.
    Money makes the world go 'round now doesn't it? Instead of making small memories. It really is sad what the world is becoming.

Money makes the world go 'round now doesn't it? Instead of making small memories. It really is sad what the world is becoming.
    Money makes businesses stay open. Besides, why not make money while making memories, that is what they are doing with Photopass, they are helping people make memories before CoA closes and making money doing it. Also it gives a CM another job to do and probably allowed more work hours for an employee to make money too.

Money makes businesses stay open. Besides, why not make money while making memories, that is what they are doing with Photopass, they are helping people make memories before CoA closes and making money doing it.
    Disney does not need a PhotoPass CM in the CoA, on it's last days, to stay in business. It just stinks of a cash grab and if you are fine with it more power to you.

Yes it is a cash grab. If I was in charge I would do the same thing, especially if it means more money in my pocket.
    I am completely fine with Disneyland making money from people willing to spend it. I am not going to spend my money for a photo, but I applaud Disney for making money from people who do want their picture taken.