Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Court of Angels IS going to Yesterland

So few are able to experience Club 33. Anyone who pays admission is able to visit the Court of Angels. Once again this reeks of Disney catering to where they can make money over something that adds value to a theme park. Par for the course but no less disappointing.

• Minion

I honestly don't see why they need Court of Angels for an entrance to a place that most people can't visit in the first place. This is so wrong and so upsetting. Wow.

Corporate, corporate, corporate.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Parking Lot > DCA

I'm pretty bummed about this. Looks like I'll be heading down and soaking it in while it lasts. Bad times.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    So, if they decided to make a "change" and bulldoze the Park, you'd "embrace" that?

Sad...Sad...

“I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.”

--Some Dead Guy
    You can't honestly compare bulldozing the whole park to losing an secluded area. I literally LOLed when I read this.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Lol, yep that’s what i said. Bulldoze the whole place.

Who IS this troll and why are we feeding him? Ghost writers from Celebration Place at WDW?? Pressler wannabes??
    Is this sarcasm? You can't be serious..

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Will have to get some good pictures during Halloween then before its locked up to become a glorified waiting room.

Pretty sad.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I'm pretty bummed about this. Looks like I'll be heading down and soaking it in while it lasts. Bad times.

You can't honestly compare bulldozing the whole park to losing an secluded area. I literally LOLed when I read this.

Is this sarcasm? You can't be serious..
    I was thinking the same thing. Must be sarcasm.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

#SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels#SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels
    #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels #SavetheCourtofAngels
    People, let our grievances be heard. We need to let Disney know loud and clear that blocking off the Court of Angels is a foolish move.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Bulldozing Main Street would be a more accurate comparison, maybe?

• Banned User

OSHA might also be another reason why this area is now going to become part of Club 33, before guests were kinda unsupervised and there was this staircase leading to Club 33 manager's offices. I've seen kids run up and down the staircase, and as there aren't usually any castmembers in the CoA, there isn't anybody to tell them not to do that, unless they had a meet and greet or something.

Since the gate to CoA will have stain-glass . . . but perhaps still be a functioning gate, then perhaps CoA will have its gate open during the morning, but close around lunchtime. CoA always has had a lot of castmember foot traffic, though perhaps the old Club 33 door will be used for this traffic.

There's a scene in the Princess and the Frog which is inspired by the Court of Angels, it is where Dr. Facilier has his Voodoo Emporium (and the door to that was inspired by the Club 33 door, Lasseter asked animators to walk around NOS and soak up the milieu).
    Last edited by chesirecat; 09-12-2013 at 02:05 PM.

• Banned User

If anything this is great news for all those that want to preserve disneyland exactly the way it is.

I love the exclusive little secret areas, like the amazing stone cave of wonders. It’s not really assessable anymore, but when you can get to it, it’s awesome!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Bulldozing Main Street would be a more accurate comparison, maybe?
    CoA is not a traffic artery, is not a featured component of the park, and does not have any direct access to attractions or shops that are not already covered by a "main" entrance. I do not believe it has ever even been listed on the park maps - if it has, it's not been consistent nor recent and the only one I can find online is when it was to point out the new "Pirates" merch area around the time of the TSI makeover.

More accurate would be a bulldozing/filling of the "Fantasia Gardens"/Phantom Boats area. A quiet, little used backwater where you can go for a little bit of rest from the hectic remainder of the park. Except Fantasia Gardens doesn't get a merch location shoehorned into it multiple times yearly.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    That's what I'm saying, people are up in arms about it being taken away, nothing is being taken away, its changing... Changing... If anything the place is going to be plused up a bit for the club 33 changes. Change is something die hard nostalgia fans don't handle well and its really sad to come on here and read all the complaints, it really is, when I think we all need to accept what its becoming and embrace it
    Club 33 is changing. The Court of the Angels is going away. The change of Club 33 doesn't bother me because very few will be impacted. Anyone who would like to visit the Court of Angels will not have the same opportunity. It's change yes, but for the sake of growing an exclusive club so Disney can rake more in.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    If anything this is great news for all those that want to preserve disneyland exactly the way it is.

I love the exclusive little secret areas, like the amazing stone cave of wonders. It’s not really assessable anymore, but when you can get to it, it’s awesome!
    There are tons of private courtyards in NOS, and it will probably raise the appeal of Club 33, but I gotta feel sorry for couples where the husband proposed there, or people who take pictures there every year. I've got a relative who is a C33 member, and go there regularly, wonder if I could just let folks take a peak who like the place?? Court of Angels has always been one of my favorite places in the park, and judging by the pictures on this site, guests love taking pictures, such as during the holidays.

A gate with stain-glass is whole lot less secretive than Club 33's old door, something tells me there will be times when it will be open to the public. Maybe they'll have special events there, when the club isn't open.

What's going to happen to the animatronic vulture and the chandeliers with microphones?

I bet that the Ornament shop will be used (along with the gallery overhang) for a waiting area when it rains—but also as a Club 33 gift shop (as opposed to the little display case they have), and maybe free coffee?

I'll be in a year there will be pictures of guests who "snuck" into the Court of Angels when they found the gate open early in the morning or something. The mystique of the place will go up.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 09-12-2013 at 02:17 PM.

• Banned User

Probably the same way we embrace Walt's apartment and Club 33...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Dude--it wasn't a comparison. He said we should embrace ALL change. I presented a change that I suspect he wouldn't embrace. Therefore demonstrating the fallacy that one should embrace all change.

Sheesh.

Yuck. Corporate.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast