Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Court of Angels IS going to Yesterland

For all the negatives that 33 members have had to endure, giving them more exclusivity is more than welcome, while not really taking much away. There are far more positives with this change than negative.

This is unlike the removal/moving of the Disney Gallery. The Dream Suite while amazing and very much in line with that buildings original design sits mainly unused. The CoA will be seen by thousands of guests who visit Club 33.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Dude--it wasn't a comparison. He said we should embrace ALL change. I presented a change that I suspect he wouldn't embrace. Therefore demonstrating the fallacy that one should embrace all change.

Sheesh.

I think the poster was just pointing out the absurdity of taking my comment out of context.

But it’s ok, I understand what you meant. We’re discussing something that we don’t agree on and i’m not just going to concede my point. There are plenty of changes that i don't like, but that doesn't take away my memories of the past, which is what seems to happen when these changes take place. Disney is a company, not a nostalgic museum. This development has many positive impacts, without affecting the general public. It's a smart move and one i'm sure Club 33 members, who pay a ridiculous amount, will appreciate.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    That's what I'm saying, people are up in arms about it being taken away, nothing is being taken away, its changing... Changing... If anything the place is going to be plused up a bit for the club 33 changes. Change is something die hard nostalgia fans don't handle well and its really sad to come on here and read all the complaints, it really is, when I think we all need to accept what its becoming and embrace it
    Yes, something IS being taken away. My access to COA and access to it by millions of other people. Now while I'm not personally a member of Club 33, I do know members and have had dinner there. If I wanted I could probably get in again... however, I still respect the fact that this area that was once open to anyone who had a ticket is now going to be exclusive to someone who can pay extra... thousands extra. I don't begrudge anyone who is able to have a membership... like I said, I personally know a couple of people, but just because they can afford private membership in this club it gives them the right to have even more access to something that was once available to all? Even the members I know I think would not want any extra special attention because of their membership.

Change is one thing. Change can be good when it improves something for everyone. This only improves things for a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    If anything this is great news for all those that want to preserve disneyland exactly the way it is.

I love the exclusive little secret areas, like the amazing stone cave of wonders. It’s not really assessable anymore, but when you can get to it, it’s awesome!
    Yes, aren't those secret, private little areas wonderful.... at least for those who still have access to the secret areas. For the rest of us... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    How can we embrace what we will not be allowed to enjoy?
    ^This....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I will not embrace all change. Especially if/when the product that I see has absolutely no meaning to me. Disneyland's roots tug at our hearts, and we return time and time again because of it. When/if it becomes unrecognizable to me, there's no reason to return at all.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Dude--it wasn't a comparison. He said we should embrace ALL change. I presented a change that I suspect he wouldn't embrace. Therefore demonstrating the fallacy that one should embrace all change.

Sheesh.
    I understand what you meant, but you presented a ridiculous comparison to get a reaction, which is exactly what I am giving you right now for some reason.

• Minion

That's what these posters fail to realize!! It's still going to exist!! It's still going to be seen by thousands of people a year
    Court of Angels is meant for the general park guests to enjoy rather than by only the lucky few guests that have the privilege of going to C33.

Steve, I also feel privileged to have been there in the beginning, to feel the intended magic and see the vision of Walt himself.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Court of Angels is meant for the general park guests to enjoy rather than by only the lucky few guests that have the privilege of going to C33.
    When you say “meant” I don’t understand. Overall what it’s meant or purposed by any area of the park is for entertainment value only. Some areas of the park were intended and designed as exclusive, buy Walt himself so turning a small corner of the park into an exclusive entrance isn’t far from what was designed in the first place. With the addition of OSHA issues, the CoA is the best and most accessible option, one that will be noticed by very few and have little impact on the flow and operation of the park.

• -

With the addition of OSHA issues, the CoA is the best and most accessible option, one that will be noticed by very few and have little impact on the flow and operation of the park.
    DOSH has nothing to do with this.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

When you say “meant” I don’t understand. Overall what it’s meant or purposed by any area of the park is for entertainment value only. Some areas of the park were intended and designed as exclusive, buy Walt himself so turning a small corner of the park into an exclusive entrance isn’t far from what was designed in the first place. With the addition of OSHA issues, the CoA is the best and most accessible option, one that will be noticed by very few and have little impact on the flow and operation of the park.
    What is there not to understand. It was opened for people to stumble across one day and appreciate. CoA is one of those places that make Disneyland special and unique. It is a little corner that makes the Disneyland experience more believable. Who cares if it isn't noticed by everyone. That does not discount the notion that it is a gem to the park.
    Last edited by frollofan; 09-12-2013 at 03:16 PM.

• I'm wishing

This business decision is hugely disappointing. I don't even think it's a good business choice. Seriously, how many more members are they going to acquire with the Court of Angels as the entrance vs. how many members would they have had without it that way?

Now, think about all the little wounds they have inflicted on the park in the name of making more money...declining by degrees. Barely noticeable changes to the yearly visitor, fairly big changes to the (many) regular visitors...but they add up and eventually will make Disneyland a less magical and more commercial place.

I've always named the CoA as my favorite place inside Disneyland. It has a special connection to my home and it's a name I use on many internet related things (no, it's not a password!). After it closes to the public, I'm not sure it will feel quite so happy to me anymore. Luckily, I have opportunities to go to Club 33 from time to time and I will still get to see it, but I won't be able to spend a few quiet moments there with friends, or just by myself...it will have to be a well planned, expensive event, and that makes me sad.

<---- Note my "location", it's been that way since I joined MiceChat many years ago. I really, really, detest the thinking that brought about this change.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    There are tons of private courtyards in NOS
    There are?

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

That's what these posters fail to realize!! It's still going to exist!! It's still going to be seen by thousands of people a year
    Which thousands? Are you a member of C33?
    How about the people that got engaged there that are not members of C33? They won't be able
    to see it anymore. This change only positively affects C33 members and negatively affects everybody else.
    16.1 million visitors came to Disneyland in 2011, there are approximately 487 members of C33 (probably a little more now that the list was opened up again) so we can add, say 200 additional members for a total of 687 members. How is that in the thousands? We can add guests to the list and say C33 had 3000 guests. That means, taking 2011 #'s, 15,997,000 visitors to Disneyland will not get to see the CoA. Sounds pretty lopsided to me, don't you think?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Banned User

Well i've hit the inevitable roadblock and said my peace, have fun y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    I don't think anybody is faulting the members, and quite frankly, they do indeed deserve such a waiting area given what they pay for memberships. I think the consternation is that it is taking something away from normal guests. C33 wasn't taking anything away from guests because it was never available to guests. That's where the frustration comes from. The park experience is just a little be lessened through this exclusion.
    They don't really NEED a waiting area as they have reservations. They show up at their reservation time, they get admitted. I've never had to wait to go up to dinner. And unless you have a huge party, getting everyone checked in and upstairs was never a major issue.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast