Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

• Tourist

Re: Court of Angels IS going to Yesterland

I'm experiencing the same sense of sadness I felt when I learned that the original Disney Gallery was being converted into a Dream Suite.

The Disney Gallery and the Court of Angels were part of the charm of New Orleans Square.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    My photo <---- explains how I feel about Court of Angels. I step inside the courtyard once EVERY trip I make to Disneyland. Very sad.

Can we picket? I mean, I know we'd be thrown out, but if enough of us did it, we'd make the news. Can we chain ourselves to the staircase? I don't know. This is just another sad negative change to the park.

My only hope is that, other than the elevator, it sounds like most of the changes could be un-done at a future date. Not that that will happen, but at least they're not bulldozing the area, so at least it *could* happen.
    If you obtain the proper permits from the city of Anaheim there is nothing Disney can do of you are picketing on Harbor Blvd - it is a public street. It doesn't belong to Disney.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    Never fear change, but always embrace it. Change can never alter the past but it shapes our future!
    Are you say ALL change is good????? No Mistakes???? No problems???? To look at only the positive aspects of change and ignore the negatives aspects is a recipe for disaster. You can't be ignorant of the negative aspects of what is being proposed, you have to dig deeper for solutions that will benefit ALL GUESTS. The proposed Changes are a detriment to the vast majority of guests that walk through Disneyland's guests. And they are taking away seating from Club 33 Members, I don't believe a Club 33 member would be pleased about that. Why bother expanding the kitchen, if you are removing seating. This sure doesn't sound like a benefit to Club 33 members, either.

Something about this stinks, that Disney Management, once again doesn't give a rat's patootie about 99.999% of DL Guests.

Shameful. Absolutely shameful.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    That's what I'm saying, people are up in arms about it being taken away, nothing is being taken away, its changing... Changing... If anything the place is going to be plused up a bit for the club 33 changes. Change is something die hard nostalgia fans don't handle well and its really sad to come on here and read all the complaints, it really is, when I think we all need to accept what its becoming and embrace it
    There is Absolutely NO reason to embrace change that one doesn't agree with. It's like telling people to just shut up, and THIS is NOT the time to "Shut up", rather it IS the tine to SPEAK UP, and let your voices be heard, before it's too late!

• The "zip" in your doo dah

Personally, I think this decision is a PR nightmare. Taking away a cherished public area from the average guest for the sake of the privileged few reeks of class discrimination. The next thing you know there will be an "Occupy CoA" group setting up camp. Really though ... some idiot Disney executive really "stepped in it" with this misguided decision.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    Never fear change, but always embrace it. Change can never alter the past but it shapes our future!
    Are you say ALL change is good????? No Mistakes???? No problems???? To look at only the positive aspects of change and ignore the negatives aspects is a recipe for disaster. You can't be ignorant of the negative aspects of what is being proposed, you have to dig deeper for solutions that will benefit ALL GUESTS. The proposed Changes are a detriment to the vast majority of guests that walk through Disneyland's guests. And they are taking away seating from Club 33 Members, I don't believe a Club 33 member would be pleased about that. Why bother expanding the kitchen, if you are removing seating. This sure doesn't sound like a benefit to Club 33 members, either.

Something about this stinks, that Disney Management, once again doesn't give a rat's patootie about 99.999% of DL Guests.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    They don't really NEED a waiting area as they have reservations. They show up at their reservation time, they get admitted. I've never had to wait to go up to dinner. And unless you have a huge party, getting everyone checked in and upstairs was never a major issue.
    From the Inside the Magic article:
    A new lounge will be built featuring a skylight and bar. It will be open to all membership levels, but operated in a similar manner as 1901 at Disney California Adventure, accessible only to present members and their guests.
    Club 33 members will not even use the CoA waiting area, since they can wait in the new lounge upstairs.

The courtyard will become a Club 33 waiting area with tables and chairs.
    The CoA will be a waiting area for guests with a reservation, but without the member present.

• Minion

'Declining by degrees' fits in here so well. How much longer before Disneyland is just a mash up of a giant shopping mall and commercial, unless it already is.

This may have just extinguished the last place in my heart that Disneyland held.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    There are?
    Ooops. Meant New Orleans! The city has all sorts of little nooks and crannies.

•   
    • Minion

It's been said a lot but to accept change is a silly general term to throw around in a discussion like this. It's ok to accept the change if you feel that way but don't expect everyone to agree or take it too personal. Each thing the park changes goes through a thread like this and we all have different points of views. I enjoy hearing both sides and of course adding my own point of view to the discussion. Just in this thread you can see several posters who chime in on different posts past actually agreeing on this one. That's what I like about this site I feel not too many people take anything too personally, or at least I hope it's that way.

I embraced the conversion of the carnation plaza to the princess fantasy faire because I thought it would allow MORE people to enjoy the space, but this....

They're taking a well-themed, beloved area of the park, one that added charm and detail to NOS, and making it exclusive to the very few.

I just can't believe it. This one hurts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    And they are taking away seating from Club 33 Members, I don't believe a Club 33 member would be pleased about that. Why bother expanding the kitchen, if you are removing seating. This sure doesn't sound like a benefit to Club 33 members, either.
    The trophy room was used mostly for corporate meetings, and for some reason it always empty 75% of the time, at least recently. The area above the French Market is *huge*, bigger than the Club 33 main dining room, and if it was all dining space, then you'd be able to triple Club 33's capacity when you look at just the main dining room. Not all of that space will be for tables, as some of it will be a "lounge", but if they add even just a couple large tables in there, it will increase dining capacity, which they will be able to do during busy times of the year.

I think the big picture is that this will allow them to sell drinks to club members and guests without having to serve them dinner . . . hence a way to make some more $ relatively cheaply.

The currently Club 33 waiting room is kinda cramped, especially if there is another party waiting in there, and if you get there too early, then they won't let you in. So, I can kinda see how logistically this will benefit the staff who really rush to get tables setup, but not sure why they didn't just annex the ornament shop . . . it is probably 3 times bigger than the current lobby, add on the Court of Angles and you've got a huge area . . . so CoA was probably not a necessary annexation.

I kinda figure that the new elevator will be inside the CoA and will take guests up to the gallery/balcony, though if they wanted, they could just put the elevator inside the Ornament shop and let CoA be.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

What if the turned COA into a meet and greet like they did with CG? Remove the stairs and retheme everything to support Tiana or Jack Sparrow. Would more people support it then? I kind of sense a double standard here: why is it ok for one area but not for another?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    I embraced the conversion of the carnation plaza to the princess fantasy faire because I thought it would allow MORE people to enjoy the space, but this....

They're taking a well-themed, beloved area of the park, one that added charm and detail to NOS, and making it exclusive to the very few.

I just can't believe it. This one hurts.
    I think they'll probably open it up in the morning for all guests, maybe they could even sell some breakfast items given Club 33 will have a big new kitchen. If they put the elevator inside of the Ornament shop, then they'll still have a "gated" area for Club 33 access, and they could in theory open it back up. I think they're expecting a lot of foot traffic to the lounge for drinks, so it will take them longer to herd folks upstairs, hence the larger waiting area . . . still, the Ornament Shop is huge compared to the current tiny club 33 lobby . . .

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast