Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Singing Drinker

Re: A Rant about various Disney Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Except that DL is so at the bottom of the deep end with Halloween offerings, that for those of us who don't particularly enjoy being boiled alive in Halloween can have a reasonable chance to spend a few hours away from all the black and orange. I support keeping Halloween at an absolute minimum at DCA.
    *sigh*

If only they'd do this for Christmas as well. It's not a universally beloved holiday, but there's not a park out there that doesn't swaddle the entire grounds in "HO HO HO".

SOME respite from retheme would be nice.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I don't know, just seems like everything costs money. Yes, the Hallowe'en party thing. The rumors (likely true) that they'll expand it to Christmas. I feel like guests are getting shuttled off into corners, "oh, just be happy with what you've got."

I do not feel valued as a regular guest. They give a bit to the APs, the limited time magic and whatnot, but being a regular guest definitely feels degraded. A very "basic" level experience.

Meh. Kind of kills the magic for me.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    *sigh*

If only they'd do this for Christmas as well. It's not a universally beloved holiday, but there's not a park out there that doesn't swaddle the entire grounds in "HO HO HO".

This.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Except that DL is so at the bottom of the deep end with Halloween offerings, that for those of us who don't particularly enjoy being boiled alive in Halloween can have a reasonable chance to spend a few hours away from all the black and orange. I support keeping Halloween at an absolute minimum at DCA.
    *sigh*

Exactly right. IMO it goes to issues of taste and balance -- values that seem to escape today's Disneyland management, whose idea of taste and balance is too-bright colors, too-loud background music, ever-more-gargantuan fireworks and hyper-decorated holidays, as if their customers are attention-deficit clods who must be slapped in the face with Big Loud Shiny Stuff On Steroids or they won't spend money.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Seed and Mulch

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Other than the Halloween parties, what is else is an upcharge? Entrance and all rides and shows are inclusive with the price of the pass.
    They made the Court of Angels a $10,000 upcharge today.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by SunsetLament View Post
    They made the Court of Angels a $10,000 upcharge today.
    $36k actually

• Certified in everything

THis seems like a good place to say this given it has to do with broken effects. What is going on with Space Mountain??? The speed tunnel lights have slowly been burning out without replacement for a solid year and a half. There are now only 4-5 lights that actual works. Further, this is one of the only "real" effects in that attraction.

While the ride badly needs a refurb, this issue seems to be one of simply replacing lights. Seriously, this needs to be fixed. For a second year now I hope that the ride will return from Ghost Galaxy with a functioning speed tunnel.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12