Thread: So much magic!

So much magic!

I just my pass (premier...WDW trip in Feb!) after taking the summer off and took my almost 3 year old "niece" for a trip before she starts needing a ticket and was surprised at all the special things we were able to do! We started with the train, after just missing the cut off to see Minnie and Daisy and since she loves trains I asked if we could do a tender but they were training and taking on water, so they offered us to hop on and they could ask the regular engineers on our next loop, and they said yes!

We then went on Peter Pan and headed over to FL theater for the Tangled show and met Rapunzel and Flynn which she was so excited about and kept saying "I love Rapunzel" throughout the day. It was so cute! We stopped by the Royal Hall next and after a tough wait (and getting into her usual nap time) we made in inside and all of the princesses were so great with her, getting down to her level and chatting with her for a couple of minutes. It was so fun to watch her interact with them!

We stopped for a quick lunch at Rancho del Zocalo (the outdoor CM there were so nice and helpful, grabbing my tray for me -i have an arm cast- and later getting a to go plate) and hopped over to the Mark Twain just as it was pulling up and no one had yet asked for the Wheelwell so we were able to ride "all the way at the top" and she drove the boat "all by herself". It was so precious!

Now wellafter her nap time and getting tired in the heat we took the fire engine back down Main Street and she got a jr firefighter sticker which she proudly put on her shirt right away. She'd been asking to see Daisy, but while she wasn't out we did get Minnie which made her happy. I decided to head over to DCA to see if we could find Daisy and she saw the trolly which we *had* to ride but we just missed it so we chased it down BVS to hop on at the next stop, only to get turned around for the newsies show. she didn't care so we rode it back to the enterance then walked back up and rushed to get in Chip and Dales line and barely made it! She was so excited and the CM there came up with a sweet treat for a sweet girl from C&D and gave it to her...it was a Mickey shaped white chocolate dipped rice crispy treat, which they were making in the windows behind the line. I've never heard of this being done...is it a regular thing? Anyway, goofy replaced C&D after the group behind us so we hopped back in line, got to meet him, and then headed over to see if anyone was out in Hollywood but we were inbetween times and she was ready for her nap!

It was such a fun trip, with so many magical moments! I love seeing Disneyland through the eyes of children...it brings such a different perspective to me, as I usually do solo trips with lots of rides!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: So much magic!

It seems like your niece had quite a magical day! Definitely sounds like it's a trip she'll remember forever. You know what's pretty awesome? You got to be part of her magical trip, and she will always remember how you took her to what might be her best Disney trip ever! Anyways thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 09-12-2013 at 04:53 PM.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Going with kids is great.

Just don't forget that inside each of us, there is also a child waiting to enjoy the parks as well. You just have to open up your heart to the magic.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

She almost three so I doubt she'll remember much, if anything, but she already knows I'm the one who takes her to disneyland and asks me if or when we are going every time I see her!

• New Mommy

That is one magic-filled trip!! So much fun! I love hearing things like this, when the CMs do that little extra thing that just elevates the happiness level of everyone involved, something unique to Disney. Thank you so much for sharing!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Glad you had a fun trip!

I forgot to add that on our way out we got stopped by the bike messenger on BVS with a telegram for my niece from Rapunzel, telling my niece that she's a princess! Just another bit of magic!

Also, the CM in the wheelhouse did say that BTMR isn't going to open on time and that they were told to tell guests (just recently, early Sept) that asked it would be early next year. I now, it's just unreliable CM news, but I'm starting to think that it might be true...
    Last edited by CassiefRN; 09-12-2013 at 08:41 PM.