Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday - New Effects!

Here's a video I shot today of the new effect and full ride-through of Haunted Mansion Holiday edition:

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Here's a video I shot today of the new effect and full ride-through of Haunted Mansion Holiday edition:
    THANK YOU for this high quality version!!!

The "In The Parks" video was such a hot pixelated mess that it was impossible to watch.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

has zero always been flying around the ballroom scene or is that new?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    has zero always been flying around the ballroom scene or is that new?
    In that corner,
    yes (the window...if memory serves correctly)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Inside The Magic posted a video of the new Zero effects in the Portrait Gallery.

wow...i love stuff like this

• I'm a Lutheran

Am I the only who finds it awesome that the hanging corpse is still hanging as guests leave? You can see him hanging when Jack and Zero are up there, but when they're gone, he's still there. I really think that's a nice touch and tribute to the original. It's also very Halloween-y, which is a plus.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Am I the only who finds it awesome that the hanging corpse is still hanging as guests leave? You can see him hanging when Jack and Zero are up there, but when they're gone, he's still there. I really think that's a nice touch and tribute to the original. It's also very Halloween-y, which is a plus.
    I agree.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• A Happy Haunt

Going tomorrow, can't wait. Projection mapping and FX are great tricks that offer more in a little space, time etc... If you've ever seen a projection mapped "event" live, you would be cheering...

• revolutionary waltz

From the videos, I really like the new stretching room effect! The reinclusion of the Ghost Host is a nice touch and makes it feel more like Jack is "invading" the mansion we all know and love. I really like that Jack is more dynamic now too than just the giant face (which never made much sense to me). I wonder how the Advent Calendar gingerbread will change, too. Excited to see how that'll go.

I'm iffy on the Zero-in-portrait thing since Zero's not really much of a "posession" style ghost imo. I do wish they changed it up even more for the 13th year, but I am enjoying what they did. : )

I was fortunate enough to be able to go on HMH yesterday during my visit to the parks. The stretching room effect is really awesome in person, and definitely a lot more powerful than the giant Jack face, which never really made sense, in my opinion.

Based solely on the reaction from other people in the stretching room when I went, this effect is way better than the original. People were cheering and clapping and you could practically feel the energy in the room. When we got to the portrait hallway, the people from the previous elevator were still excited about it, and started talking with people about it. Definitely a worthwhile effect, if you ask me.

The new zero effect is nice as well. I think what I like most about it is that the portraits seem new. They didn't seem overly faded like they have been for the last few years or so.

All of that being said, I figured there would have been a few more new things this year. But, who knows. Maybe they'll add some new stuff closer to Christmas. They occasionally do that, right?

Great! I din't know the Holiday Mansion was up and running, will have to stop there Monday ;-)

• Splash On In

Don't love it. Don't hate it. Stretching room for Mansion Holiday is the weakest link of the overlay as opposed to being one of the most brilliant points of the original. This doesn't help it.

• Loves Disney

I spotted it yesterday and noticed small details quickly but the new giant stain glass for the new effect there is a hidden mickey look at the left side of this photo from in the parks update its on the upper left
    Name:  IMG_1087-610x381.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  25.1 KB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234