Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: River Belle Terrace to Get New Menu. Mickey Mouse Pancakes Will Be Removed

I'm pretty sure Disney is celebrating "Yum, S'more!"

• Minion

After the whole Court of Angels debacle has left me feeling incredibly disappointed and sad, seeing a post that says "Mickey Mouse pancakes will be removed" made my heart drop and I felt like it was the last nail in the coffin in a continuous stream of declining by degrees.

But then I saw that this is the OP's first and only post and nowhere in the post does it actually say outright that the Mickey pancakes will be removed, just that new menu items are coming. So I'm taking this not with a grain of salt, but more like block of salt.

Mickey pancakes might be a frivolous thing, I mean after all they're just three pancakes fused together with a couple pieces of fruit for a face, but they're an iconic part of the park that have been around for decades. My brother tells me that all I could talk about before our first trip to DL in 1984 was having a Mickey Mouse pancake because I saw it in some Day at DL video that we used to watch over and over. I was only 3 so I don't remember, but I do know that after all these years I have not outgrown my love for them! Sitting at the River Belle on a peaceful morning looking down on that cheerful fruit face will always make me happy.

That kinda sucks for all those children and adults

One of my earliest memories at the park was eating those mickey pancakes. I prefer french toast in my adult years so nothing will be missed but that's kind sad for those that do.

• Former Churro Jockey

As a former CM I can tell you that communication with management is about as poor as it can get, so while I have no reason to doubt that the cashier did tell this person about the new menu, CM's are hardly "in the know" when it comes to inside information about Disneyland. When we got a new item in my department we found out about it the first day that we were supposed to start selling it. As others have said, there's no reason to remove the pancakes. River Belle Terrace has a pretty small menu as it is, so maybe they're just adding the other things without taking anything away.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Minion

The interesting part to me was the Fruit and Yogurt parfait has been at the Riverbelle for over 2 years already... I know I bought one last Christmas season there. It is in the case with the juices and fruits.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Soon to add a Waffle House! LOL

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseDude View Post
    Soon to add a Waffle House! LOL
    I hear legends of their hash browns. I'm not sure that wouldn't be a good thing if they're a quarter as good as claimed.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Doubt they're going to remove the pancakes that are in the shape of their most famous character.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I hear legends of their hash browns. I'm not sure that wouldn't be a good thing if they're a quarter as good as claimed.

You're not missing much. Waffle House is terrible. We have 2 in my town. Most Mom and Pop diners offer better food.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

this is in fact true and confirmed. River belle cashiers just received their new training on the new menu. there are no mickey pancakes for breakfast. It's only the biscuits n gravy, make your own parfait, cinnamon french toast, and kids fruit plate. they removed the protein salads and added new dinner plates and new desserts

• -

Quote Originally Posted by dreamrod View Post
    this is in fact true and confirmed. River belle cashiers just received their new training on the new menu. there are no mickey pancakes for breakfast. It's only the biscuits n gravy, make your own parfait, cinnamon french toast, and kids fruit plate. they removed the protein salads and added new dinner plates and new desserts
    True and confirmed by whom?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    True and confirmed by whom?
    I can confirm this as someone who just took the new menu training 2 hour class.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'm sure they will still serve them elsewhere at DLR, just not sure it won't be for more money.

• See Ya Real Soon!

If this is true, I no longer have a reason to eat breakfast in the park. This was the only place we ate breakfast at during our trips.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by dreamrod View Post
    I can confirm this as someone who just took the new menu training 2 hour class.
    This is quite an unexpected move by Disney. Can you tell us any reason why Disney decided to get rid of the Mickey pancakes? Are the Mickey pancakes going to be made elsewhere in the Parks?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast