Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: River Belle Terrace to Get New Menu. Mickey Mouse Pancakes Will Be Removed

I'm just trying to figure out why the Disney bean counters would possibly believe it to be a good idea to take the most popular/profitable item off the menu. If this is true it's insane.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• And Dad was my hero.

I find this both shocking and disheartening. Upon the heels of reading about CoA, I'm am now thoroughly convinced the company has no clue, whatsoever.

I myself am generally more of a savory person for breakfast and currently I cannot get my two year old to eat pancakes even with a mickey face (she's a strange one that girl). Still, the mickey pancake is iconic. I'm sure there are droves of children and young at heart that consider this a timeless tradition.

I figured someday the kid is bound to want a pancake instead of eggs and it was my hope that someday we could enjoy a couple mickey's together and sit out on the patio where I could tell her about how Walt used to have breakfast here too and watch her smile... and then go do whatever her little sugar fueled heart wanted.

Guess instead we'll go ahead and have them at our home town greasy spoon, since clearly they have more sense than the current Disneyland regime.

They better get on changing the website:

Name:  Screen shot 2013-09-16 at 1.22.11 AM.png
Views: 380
Size:  37.1 KB
    Make Mine a Mickey!
    During breakfast, the young and young at heart flock to the River Belle Terrace for its house specialty: the Mickey Mouse pancake, complete with cute fruit features!

Source:
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/din...belle-terrace/

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    ...Since the days when it was the Magnoila Tree Terrace, and Aunt Jemima's Pancake House before that, a Mickey-pancake breakfast at the River Belle Terrace has been a kid tradition for so many years that many of those kids have grown up to share it with their own kids and grandkids. Surrounded by the sights and sounds of Adventureland, Frontierland and New Orleans Square, millions of kids have experienced it as the start of their Disneyland day. If Mickey pancakes have indeed been dumped from the River Belle menu, then something truly has cracked in the nuts that hang from Disney management's decision tree.
    Note to self: nahhh, it's gotta be untrue. No corporation could be that clueless. It's just a rumor.

That's all it is, a bogus rumor.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Blog Entries

I don't know any more.

It's seems that the actual "cooking" aspect is being removed saving on some manpower. It's more like fast food - serving foods that are easily pre-made and quickly reheated (which they could also do with pancakes). There are food servers and cashiers. Say goodbye to thought of the River Belle Terrace being any kind of restaurant.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Note to self: nahhh, it's gotta be untrue. No corporation could be that clueless. It's just a rumor.

That's all it is, a bogus rumor.
    Are you trying to convince us or yourself of that.

Because lets look at our current track record....

Removing COA from the public to make it an entrance to an expensive members only club.

Building a Princess and the Frog inspired jazz club which will be an expensive members only club.

Removing iconic Mickey Mouse pancakes from the menu available to the masses.

Um.... yeah its all got to be a rumor.

And while I never had the Mickey Pancakes (Not fond of pancakes, except in very limited quantities, I would have the Mark Twain), I know a lot of people.... and we're talking adults here not just kids.... who made it a point to get them, because, well.... it was a tradition.

But hey, its only a decades old tradition, that in the greater scheme of things isn't important any more.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Are you trying to convince us or yourself of that.
    Myself, I guess. On one hand, no matter how many years I've criticized Disney management for what I see as unnecessarily diminishing the magic and declining the product, I cannot believe they would do something like this. Something so blatant, so symbolic, so cheap -- and so vulnerable to a firestorm of negative publicity. I think, "nahhh, it's gotta be a rumor, perhaps started by someone at the DLR who knows us fans only too well, and who is now laughing his waffles off at this thread."

On the other hand, it fits the recent behavior of the "Disney Parks" One Disney business model so perfectly, that it makes perfect sense they would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Because lets look at our current track record....

Removing COA from the public to make it an entrance to an expensive members only club.

Building a Princess and the Frog inspired jazz club which will be an expensive members only club.

Removing iconic Mickey Mouse pancakes from the menu available to the masses.

Um.... yeah its all got to be a rumor.

And while I never had the Mickey Pancakes (Not fond of pancakes, except in very limited quantities, I would have the Mark Twain), I know a lot of people.... and we're talking adults here not just kids.... who made it a point to get them, because, well.... it was a tradition.

But hey, its only a decades old tradition, that in the greater scheme of things isn't important any more.
    Exactly.

- Neil Gabler

• Monorail Junkie

That's all I get for breakfast when I go and I take a picture of it every time. It's a tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Maybe since the same people who run WDW now run DL, they don't understand why DL should have Mickey Mouse pancakes since WDW doesn't have them (which btw is a mystery to me in of itself. You'd think that a big Disney resort like that would have some dang Mickey pancakes. But I digress.). They probably figure little frozen Mickey shaped hockey puck waffles are good enough.
    I don't know if they're officially on the menus, but I've seen plenty of Mickey-shaped pancakes at WDW over the years - sometimes they'll do it without asking for kids, but I know they'll do it on request for anyone at most of the resorts with sit-down and order off the menu breakfast (as opposed to food courts and buffets). I'm more of a waffle person myself, whether at Disney or not, so I never really thought about it until now!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by poohmeg View Post
    I don't know if they're officially on the menus, but I've seen plenty of Mickey-shaped pancakes at WDW over the years - sometimes they'll do it without asking for kids, but I know they'll do it on request for anyone at most of the resorts with sit-down and order off the menu breakfast (as opposed to food courts and buffets). I'm more of a waffle person myself, whether at Disney or not, so I never really thought about it until now!

Well now that you mention it, I think WDW does have some kind of "off menu" Mickey Mouse pancake that they do from time to time, but I think it's just the faceless pancake and they don't do the blueberry eyes, cherry nose, pineapple mouth, and powdered sugar ears.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    My only guess for removing them would be the overall movement toward healthier menu items in the park. But then they wouldn't be selling Cinnamon French Toast or biscuits and gravy so maybe this rumor is false.

Eh they started putting the regular fries back as default at the Hungry Bear (boo) so they don't always go healthier :-p

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Eh they started putting the regular fries back as default at the Hungry Bear (boo) so they don't always go healthier :-p
    Healthier OPTIONS (as is do you want regular or sweet potato fries) are great but they will always go back to what sells. If sales decline due to a change in menu they will quickly rethink the changes.

• Singing Drinker

Out of curiosity; is there a more established source yet than "I heard from one of the cashiers"?

I can't find any sourcing beyond that first post nor any confirmations. May have missed them, but we all know the... potential issues... with front-line CM gossip.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Out of curiosity; is there a more established source yet than "I heard from one of the cashiers"?

I can't find any sourcing beyond that first post nor any confirmations. May have missed them, but we all know the... potential issues... with front-line CM gossip.
    FWIW there are these posts from earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by dreamrod View Post
    this is in fact true and confirmed. River belle cashiers just received their new training on the new menu. there are no mickey pancakes for breakfast. It's only the biscuits n gravy, make your own parfait, cinnamon french toast, and kids fruit plate. they removed the protein salads and added new dinner plates and new desserts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamrod View Post
    I can confirm this as someone who just took the new menu training 2 hour class.

- Neil Gabler

• Singing Drinker

FWIW there are these posts from earlier in the thread:
    Thank you for pointing those out.

Now just to wait and see if it's implemented without simply moving them to a new venue.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast