Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Sad River Belle Terrace to Get New Menu. Mickey Mouse Pancakes Will Be Removed

I heard from one of the cashiers that River Belle Terrace will be getting a new menu within the next few weeks. The new breakfast menu will offer a yogurt parfait, cinnamon french toast, biscuits and gravy, and fresh fruit. Anyone else saddened by the loss of the pancakes? Sitting on the River Belle patio while munching away on Mickey Mouse pancakes has become a tradition of mine that I'll be sad to let go

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: River Belle Terrace to Get New Menu. Mickey Mouse Pancakes Will Be Removed

Didn't the River Belle Terrace already change their menu a few years ago? I'd be really surprised if Disney is going to change the menu again AND get rid of their popular Mickey Pancakes! Hopefully this is only just a rumor!

• Minion

ORWEN: I've still got pictures of a plate with the Mickey Mouse pancakes on it in my scrapbook from a few years ago. I just LOVED eating at the Riverbell Terrace back in the day. Some things should never change.

• Senior Minion

My hunch is that "Mickey Mouse pancakes will be removed from the River Belle Terrace menu" is a false rumor.

The reason is that no matter how boneheaded a decision by the bureaucratic hierarchy of Disney's internal approvals system may seem, one always finds, buried somewhere in the mosh pit of ladder-climbing wannabes and self serving has-beens, a spark of concern, however feeble, for the longterm health of the Company. Continuing to sell Mickey Mouse pancakes -- an iconic, branded item that takes pennies to produce and generates outrageously high ROI -- is a no-brainer. Even in the convoluted world of Disney's internal political gamesmanship, where management striving to undermine other management is SOP, discontinuing this item makes no sense.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

My only guess for removing them would be the overall movement toward healthier menu items in the park. But then they wouldn't be selling Cinnamon French Toast or biscuits and gravy so maybe this rumor is false.

• New Mommy

I'm hoping and thinking this is a rumor or miscommunication. Pancakes are one of the most profitable items any restaurant can sell, so for that reason alone I wouldn't expect them to get rid of it. Throw in the branding aspect and the fact that they still sell well, and I'm pretty convinced they're staying.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks, though!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well I hope not...love getting those everyone once in a while...looking over the river its a great way to wake up

• Minion

Although I've never liked the Mickey pancakes (go ahead and throw whatever you want at me), I hope this is false. The pancakes are a classic.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Anyone else besides me wondering about rumors started by someone with 1 post?
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Anyone else besides me wondering about rumors started by someone with 1 post?
    No.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Mrs. J. Depp

Even if they were going healthy, pancakes aren't the most unhealthy breakfast item. Biscuits and gravy doesn't exactly proclaim "healthy".

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Even if they were going healthy, pancakes aren't the most unhealthy breakfast item. Biscuits and gravy doesn't exactly proclaim "healthy".
    Yeah but...biscuits and gravy man!! They're sooooo good!

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Unless they're moving to another location, the way Monte Cristo sandwiches did.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    Yeah but...biscuits and gravy man!! They're sooooo good!
    Alright I'll give you that!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• -

Maybe they just meant they are not on the menu this Saturday since so many of us are fasting for Yom Kippur. It would be unfair to taunt us first thing in the morning with those pancakes.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast