California Adventure being held back...

Its very interesting to me how California Adventure seems to get the short end of the stick on things (decorations, both Halloween and Christmas, parades, shows, etc) yet there seems to be some confusion as to why it could never compete with disneyland. I only bring this up because I for one would love to see California adventure decked out in Halloween decorations!

• Minion

Re: California Adventure being held back...

Its improved its Christmas decorations, but on the whole still falls behind Disneyland for both Halloween and Christmas.

The same thing can be said with all Disney parks world wide to be fair. The Magic Kingdom style park always gets more for holidays.

Move the Nightmare Before Christmas from HM to Carsland.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Move the Nightmare Before Christmas from HM to Carsland.
    Because that makes sense.

I agree that DCA gets the short end of the stick, but has it ever been any different? DCA has always lagged behind and been fairly sub par.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

I liked the Candy Corn Acres thing they did for a while. It was cute.

They did Christmas in CarsLand last year, I think, and that was fun.

DCA has lots of potential for decorating and I think skipping it is a wasted opportunity.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I definitely agree that carsland during Christmas was cool but how awesome could it be for Halloween?!? And the potential is there for the entire park. It could be so great.

• Former Churro Jockey

I think that Christmas & Halloween decorations tend to grow over the years so in another decade or so DCA may look as good as DL. It took many, many years for DL to accumulate the amount of Christmas decor that it has now, and it's gradually getting some pretty good Halloween decor, so give it time.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Singing Drinker

Considering the over billion dollars invested in the park in recent years, the fact that the park's received multiple new rides and an entire new *land* since the last time that Disneyland received a new ride, and the general push for the park (successful IMO)?

I don't think having one park be at least slightly low key in their deco is "holding back". I'm hoping it's a marketing decision for those less enamored of the holidays/overlay process.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

•   
    • Minion

I thought that DCA had a bunch of things for Christmas last year, like the really neat vintage decorations on BVS, the Department Store Santa (which I thought was inspired) and the huge overlay in Cars Land.

Part of me thinks it is good to have one park that isn't running holiday parades or events because people do get sick of them. Even if you love Christmas, it might be refreshing to see non-holiday entertainment in December.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I liked the Candy Corn Acres thing they did for a while. It was cute.
    I completely agree. I loved the candy corn theme and thought it was nice that it was different than Disneyland which is overrun with pumpkins during Halloween.

However, if they are not going to bring that back or do somewhat of a different theme than Disneyland, then I would prefer they keep it without Halloween decorations as I don’t feel that the decoration scheme of both parks should be identical.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    However, if they are not going to bring that back or do somewhat of a different theme than Disneyland, then I would prefer they keep it without Halloween decorations as I don’t feel that the decoration scheme of both parks should be identical.

Agreed- they don't need to be identical in decor. Let each park have its own personality for the overlay.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I am fine with no over the top Halloween in DCA. Not everyone is not a fan of Halloween. I think DL has gone over the top with Halloween and Christmas for that matter. DCA is a nice escape from over the top imo. Even during Christmas DCA decorations seem to have more class to me and so less the in face.

• Minion

Christmas at DCA last year was actually nice. It's Halloween that isn't getting the attention. So much potential, especially with Cars Land and Paradise Pier.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land