Disney Photopass +

I am going to be at Disneyland for my daughter's (6yrs) first trip Sept 30-Oct 2. Her dad will be joining us for the 1st day and her grandparents will be joining us for Mickey's Halloween Party. Does Goofy's Kitchen offer photopass plus photos with Chef Goofy?

Is Photopass Plus worth it?
    I am a scrapbooker, so while the "stock" photos don't interest me, I bet I will actually like them.

Is it true that the photopass photographers actually take more photos than they usually do when you have photopass plus?

I typically think that Photopass is a ripoff, $50 for a CD of photos is INSANE but when it's just me, I am not usually fussed with ride photos and the photos with my point and shoot is just fine.

What photoopportunities are there at Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Dreaming of next trip

Re: Disney Photopass +

The price for the photo cd is the same as the Photo pass plus.
    So the price is a wash.
    Do they take more photos if they see the photo pass plus lanyard, yes they do.
    We have gotten the photo pass plus several times now.
    The ride photos can be sent to the photo pass plus account for free.
    so you will save on each ride photo you take.
    They also include the character breakfast.
    At the Halloween party they will have photo pass photographers at the meet and great areas and else where.

When you get back you will then want to edit and add boarders or sayings to the photos.
    Save the original and edit to your hearts content. I was able to take some nice photos and when the borders were added make them extra special. One of them even looks like a post card.

On a multi day trip we often have 50 to 100 photos on the CD.
    So if you get the Photo pass plus make sure you order it 2 weeks before your trip.
    We have already gotten ours for our October trip.

They will also take the photos with your point and shoot.

The real question is do you think it is worth it for you?
    If you think you would get the CD then it is worth it.
    The stock photos are nice and could be used for a scrap book.
    The photos at Goofy's kitchen will be with a character, but it might not be goofy.
    Have a magical trip

• Mistress of Evil

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    I am going to be at Disneyland for my daughter's (6yrs) first trip Sept 30-Oct 2. Her dad will be joining us for the 1st day and her grandparents will be joining us for Mickey's Halloween Party. Does Goofy's Kitchen offer photopass plus photos with Chef Goofy? Yes it does with either Goofy or Pluto.

Is Photopass Plus worth it? I think so...especially if you are going to a Character Meal. If youthink your daughter will want to do meet and greets...then it can be worth it. Keep in mind that the preorder price is $69.95. you have to order it 14 days before your trip. If you purchase it in the parks, it is $99.95.
    I am a scrapbooker, so while the "stock" photos don't interest me, I bet I will actually like them.

Is it true that the photopass photographers actually take more photos than they usually do when you have photopass plus? Yes...some do.

I typically think that Photopass is a ripoff, $50 for a CD of photos is INSANE but when it's just me, I am not usually fussed with ride photos and the photos with my point and shoot is just fine.

What photoopportunities are there at Mickey's Halloween Party?
    Different M&G's and photos in areas where there are Halloween decorations.

I love PhotoPass+ and intend to use it again. I definitely got the impression they take more photos and encourage you to do more poses, etc. Getting ride photos included is great. And on top of that, I was surprised when we were brought prints at no additional charge at the Plaza Inn and Ariel's Grotto. I hadn't even realized that was part of the package. Well worth it to me, particularly since some of the best photos we have of our vacations are from the PhotoPass photographers.

I got the PhotoPass+ for my upcoming trip. It's my kids first trip and I really want to have all the ride photos. I also don't want to fuss as much with my own camera and may not even bring it in, will probably just use my iphone....

Thanks everyone! I am pretty positive that I'll be getting Photopass + for this trip.

How many downloads do you have of the photos? or is it just the photo CD?
    Other than the ride photos, are there watermarks/designs on the non-Magic Shots?

• Dreaming of next trip

The magic shots and the non magic shots do not have a water mark on them. And you get a release form with the CD so you can take it to a store that prints photos.

Your best bet is to get the CD, that way you have a archive copy of your photos.
    After the photos are taken you have 30 days to order the cd or download the photos.
    We like to edit the photos and also we always save the original photo this tends to make the disk rather large.

If you have ever had a hard disk fail or had a virus hit your computer having a back up or original source priceless.

The stock photos do not have a water mark either.

Hope this helps.

very helpful! Thank you.

I did the downloads for our trip in March. I like instant gratification. I then made sure I burned multiple copies to CDs for archiving purposes (in addition to my usual onsite and offsite hard drive backups).

• Mistress of Evil

I always have done the digital downloads...but we have a really good back up hard drive.