• Level 7 Galactic Hero

If the Bears DID come back...

I loved the Country Bears for the time I knew them at Disneyland, and when I saw for the first time at WDW, I was overjoyed to see them in person again. Now of all the attractions to be on the debate table for wanting to return- from what I've seen on these message boards- the Bears seem to be the one that people bring up the most (next to PeopleMover or Carousel of Progress).

This poses the question: if they DID come back, where would they go? Here are my three ideas...

Disneyland
    Big Thunder Ranch: Obviously, it has the space. It has that "back-woodsy" feel, and could give some more life to this corner of the park. Unfortunately, it suffers from the same problem as its original location: it's too remote from everything else. It also douses any hopes of expanding Frontierland in that area (though it doesn't have to take up the ENTIRE area). However, with the traffic flow that occurs from Fantasyland to Frontierland, it could pick up more than it expects.

Frontierland Shops: Now, I'm not sure if these shops hold any nostalgic significance, but I'm not saying they ALL bite the dust. The show would be built similar to WDW, with the show stretching from the corner store all the way up to the Golden Horseshoe (which would remain untouched). The theatre itself would take out the restrooms in Adventureland, with the newly relocated ones in Aladdin's Oasis. Guests enter through the lobby in the corner entry and exit through the shop currently next to Golden Horseshoe. The facades would remain untouched, and if space is available, there will be shops placed between the theater and the street. But if this one doesn't ring with you, then maybe this one will...

DCA
    Redwood Creek Challenge Trail:
    This is in an ideal land, in an ideal setting. While some enjoy the Challenge Trail for its chance to take a load off while the kids explore, others see it as a large waste of land. So how can people still enjoy the trail? The theater will be located on the amphitheater area, and the surrounding area as well. The theater will have its entrance to the left of the current RCCT entry, and exit through two ways: either back into the park, or into the RCCT. The Bears could also make it their home, even though the UP theme has hung around for a while now. Basically, this is the ideal location to put this attraction.

So those are my thoughts. How about yours?
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Singing Drinker

Re: If the Bears DID come back...

I'd take out about half the store in the back corner of Critter Country to use as an entry area to a building behind that complex and put them there.

I know, remove the Pooh, etc. - but in this case I'd rather keep a minor failure of a ride and readd a low-key show experience in hopes of building on what's there rather than trying to recreate what they took out.

As to the show? Keep it the same but put more of an Americana spin on the music. It's a subtle difference, but the CBJ was based around poppier selections from when that style of music was more popular. More of an "O Brother Where Art Thou"* style of music with a little more authentic sound to the band, keep the general gist of the show and even do the cheesy holiday reprograms to keep it fresh.

*I know, I know - they didn't invent it, they didn't even advance it, the Cohen brothers just repopularized a style of music that already existed. Moving right along.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

•   
    • Minion

I think that the store by Winnie the Pooh would be the best location. They could always market the original show's return as "the return of a beloved classic" if they didn't feel like being creative and coming up with something new.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I think that the store by Winnie the Pooh would be the best location. They could always market the original show's return as "the return of a beloved classic" if they didn't feel like being creative and coming up with something new.
    No way! The only way my family drags me on the Pooh ride is with the promise getting a cookie or some kind of treat from the counter in that store afterward. The store has to stay.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    No way! The only way my family drags me on the Pooh ride is with the promise getting a cookie or some kind of treat from the counter in that store afterward. The store has to stay.
    That's a big jeffing store. They could lose a corridor through it.

Heck, make the entrance next to the exit and the exit just dumps into the store from the other side like Pooh does now. Win/CashSiphon.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I'd love to see the bears return home. It would be great if they could return in a random show like star tours 2 where the show is made up from different numbers with an element of random selection - that way it would have more repeat visitors and hopefully would maintain its popularity

I thought they were going to change the bears into ewoks and put them where Captain Eo is in "Star Wars Land"....

• formerly very helpful

Emotionally, I would love to see them back in Critter Country, where they started. Of course, back then it was Bear Country. Taking out those Pooh shops wouldn't make me sad. There's more than enough stores throughout Disneyland to take over the "hole" left by closing down more shops.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    lol you are so lucky. I wish I was bribed to go on Pooh.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

I would love for them to return. They were the rednecks of Disneyland who we got to know and love. All of the animatronics, including myself, would be breaking down in excitement if that happened. Buff, Max, and Melvin still have each other at Winnie's place, but they are lonely. Just imagine... Henry giving intros, Gomer playing the piano, Five Bear Rugs making that good ol' country beat, Teddi Barra swinging from the ceiling, and Big Al being out of tune... again. We animatronics have no access to WDW. With my laptop in my booth, I have seen videos of their performance and it makes me want to cry (because I'm unable to make tears). That is a great idea on behalf of Disneyland animatronics and Disneyland goers who loved them as well.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

I would love them to return. I for one absolutely adore CBJ at Disney World. It is an attraction much like Small World, not everyone likes it, but those that like it, love it!

There is certainly room for it and you can still keep Pooh around. There is room in the back corner where Pooh and the store are located. I think at least. CBJ doesn't take up a lot of room.

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I'd love to see the bears return home. It would be great if they could return in a random show like star tours 2 where the show is made up from different numbers with an element of random selection - that way it would have more repeat visitors and hopefully would maintain its popularity
    I would love to see that in the WDW version, too - I kind of miss when they used to change to the Christmas show so it would be different during that season, and that would let them do more seasonal variety - they could use stuff from the vacation show in the summer!