Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Disneyland on Friday the 13th is a REAL nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I have an answer.
    The issue is that everyone wants to go there all the time, AND THEY CAN GO THERE ALL THE TIME. SO THEY DO GO THERE ALL THE TIME.

• Rock Star Minion

Sometimes, you gotta emote.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I was there Friday too and I'm actually happy I witnessed/was apart of the craziness, makes me appreciate every other time I go to the parks now!
    Me and my hubby were lucky enough to park at the toy story lot (and we got there about 7 pm) but the wait to get on the bus was at the minimum 40 minutes! We saw 3 buses come and go and yet the line did not move, so we decided to walk it out. It was the same problem leaving too so we walked again.

I have to say though HMH was worth the wait. We waited for 50 minutes or so but dang the stretching room! I geeked out, I'll admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Oh, that reminds me of something that I had completely forgotten about. There was a rumor going around that I heard more then one guest mention that Justin Timberlake was in the park that day. I have no idea if that's true because I've never heard guests mentioning a celebrity in the park before (CM's all know about it about 5 minutes after the park opens when a celebrity is there), so I don't know if it was a rumor that a CM started just to see how far it might spread, or if it was a park guest who started it, or what, but I've been there on days were pretty big celebrities were in the park like Tom Hanks or Arnold Schwarsnegger were there, and I never heard park guests talking about it.
    I'd doubt it. With a day like it was with the crowds, I'm sure someone in his (lack of a better word) posse would advise against it. Could you imagine one person shouting in the mob "OH ITS JUSTIN TIMBERKLAKE!" And then there would be nothing left for him to do but pray.

I would of love to see Tom Hanks, anywhere! but also that's another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney*Darling View Post
    ...the wait to get on the bus was at the minimum 40 minutes! We saw 3 buses come and go and yet the line did not move...
    So it was pretty much like trying to get back to a non-monorail resort at WDW any day of the year, then?

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by poohmeg View Post
    So it was pretty much like trying to get back to a non-monorail resort at WDW any day of the year, then?
    More like waiting for a Friendship Boat back to the Boardwalk during the middle of the day, except when I got there, I still had to drive home.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Disney*Darling View Post
    I'd doubt it. With a day like it was with the crowds, I'm sure someone in his (lack of a better word) posse would advise against it. Could you imagine one person shouting in the mob "OH ITS JUSTIN TIMBERKLAKE!" And then there would be nothing left for him to do but pray.

I would of love to see Tom Hanks, anywhere! but also that's another thread...
    It was always surprising to me to see celebrities walk around the park and they didn't get harassed very much at all. Maybe people are just so immersed into the magic of Disneyland that Tom Hanks can walk right by them and the don't notice. That was the 90's though, so maybe it's different today. I think having a Guest Services host with them might have helped a little bit. If JT was there on 9/13, my guess would be that he's probably going to Club 33 and so he would have only briefly had to walk through the park.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345