Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• SORCERER

Red Face Disneyland on Friday the 13th is a REAL nightmare

Wow Disney did not plan logistics to say the very least.

We arrived at Disneyland around 4:30 to summer like crowds. Not to bad but normal for what would be a summer day. We grabbed fastpasses for Ghost Galaxy, which of coarse would not be good until 11pm. So we ate near tommorowland terace and decided to head over to DCA, which was great. everything was running smooth over at DCA with almost all rides running under 20 mins. We decided to head oevr to Mad T Parrty at 6pm which had a very large and live crowd. In fact I have to say it the largest crowd I've ever sceen at the mad t party. But because DCA is so well organized it was a walk in the park to get around.

We head over to disneyland at 8pm to see what all the fuss is about.

Disneyland said you know what lets have 3 dance parties at the same time in one park that has poor traffic and crowd control and see what happens. They had a dance party in front of the train station on main street. They had a villains meetup in the middle with thousands of people flooding the streets. Throw fantasmic, fireworks, 2 other parties, and various other special events, along with the first day opening of nightmare before christmas haunted mansion, and ghost galaxy on Friday the 13th.

It took us 40 mins to walk form pirates to haunted mansion only to end up giving up as the crowds were moving inch by inch and aggravated people.

We decided to end our trip early and head over to the Toy story buses, only to have the toy story bus ride turn from a normal 5 to 10 mins to a 45 min bus ride. Traffic was so bad there was about 10 buses baked up on shuttle way from the red light because cars were continuing to go even when the light was red completely blocking the buses ability to leave the park. We finally arrived back to toy story only to sit in a row of 10 buses ever so slowly loading crowds on and off.

Toy story parking lot was so over filled to capacity. Disney was sending everyone to garden walk for parking when we were leaving. which was full too.

Good luck to anyone who is able to survive the night.

Although I do appreciate Disney changing things up a bit and having these limited time magic event I cant help but notice these events should be limited to a certain number of people, like first 5000 people, or become paid events as there just to many people for one to enjoy themselves. This was like grad night times 1000 in terms of people.

Last edited by BradleyC; 09-14-2013 at 06:41 AM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Disneyland on Friday the 13th is a REAL nightmare

I heard about the horror stories of WDW's Hollywood Studios and their over crowded night. The traffic, people driving on the grass to get out of the long line to get out. I should be there for Friday December the 13th so I hope all the issues will be fixed or at least the parks will be ready for the heavy traffic.

I just know that this will return as everything else has been repeated in Limited Time Magic campaign. Friday December 13th!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Wasn't worth it to stay. One cast member said they have canceled two shows, not sure which ones but they said there was not enough room. Also that they were not expecting such large crowds. Really? I thought they followed the boards and we could see this coming from a mile away. Disappointing. They also sold out of pumpkin begniets around six.

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgirl View Post
    Wasn't worth it to stay. One cast member said they have canceled two shows, not sure which ones but they said there was not enough room. Also that they were not expecting such large crowds. Really? I thought they followed the boards and we could see this coming from a mile away. Disappointing. They also sold out of pumpkin begniets around six.
    I know, i love disneyland but this was a disaster, one dance party would of been fine. But it should of been located off the side and not at the main entrance, along with the villains meet up, throw haunted mansion and ghost galaxy in the mix on opening day into the mix along with fireworks and fantastic. yikes.

I cant even immagine what happend to Disneyland once DCA closed at 10pm, considering disneyland was open til 1am and there was still thousands of cars ion hardbor trying to pile in when i left.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Very Fun Day today. Felt like New Year Eve.

Here are two videos that I shot showing what is like when the parties started at Disneyland:

Last edited by SoCalbma; 09-15-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

•   
    • Minion

I decided not to go because I was worried it was going to be overwhelmingly crowded. I'm sorry I was right.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Avoid it like the plague. Anytime they do anything like this (extended hours, special entertainment, etc), you're better off staying at home. It's not worth the hassle.

• Minion

Glad I stayed home.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Avoid it like the plague. Anytime they do anything like this (extended hours, special entertainment, etc), you're better off staying at home. It's not worth the hassle.
    Which is so funny because they should know this by now.
    It seems happens each time.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• #bringevilback

I was a latecomer and sat in traffic for about an hour before ending up at toy story. I finally made it not the park around 1030 and hoards of people were leaving. It was crowded, but not as bad as what you experienced, and got better as time went on. The line to meet and greets was over 3 hours long according to CMs on the way out! Yikes! The CM at toy story was saying how they have these random chaotic days and I was like, how did you not see this coming? Remember OMDD? You'd think they'd learn, but I didn't think it would be quite as crowded, so I guess I can't blame them...

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Glad I hate Halloween.

• Hooterville, USA

Hmmm............large crowds at Disneyland.

Shocking!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Off topic, but doppio I love your location. We always try to be at w in the alphabet game when we get there.

I hope that those who stayed had a great time. I am curious who the rare villain was that hadn't been out in five years?

Some were expecting madness at the 2013 24-hour event but this sounds like Leap Day 2012 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Very Fun Day today. Felt like New Year Eve.
    ... and like Leap Day 2012 even more so since those who didn't get caught in traffic and/or don't mind a busier day at DLR get a fairly unique experience (like I did then).

• Foolish Mortal

I went last night and can attest to the nightmare type of crowds that I should have expected. My wife arrived around 3pm and said it wasnt too bad....yet. I left work in Irvine at 6pm and hopped on the 5fwy and exited Harbor/Ball. No surprise to see it was very backed up and the light at the ramp exit only stayed green for about 10 seconds. Cars were backed up over the bridge to Harbor. By the time I made the left to enter M&F Structure the line of cars was backed up to Ball. Took me about 20 minutes or so to park, and when I went down the stairs on the south end of the structure I saw they had the bus and tram area gated off. Ironically the lines for the trams werent very long and I quickly boarded on the west side boarding area.

I walked to the Esplanade and the line to get in wasnt too bad, but the whole ordeal of CMs taking pix if the ticket holders really kills any any fluidity a line has. I made in the park a smidge after 7pm. Town Square was starting to get packed. Folks were lined up through the entry tunnels for what Im assuming was the Villian Meet and Greet? Any how my wife was at the French Market and told me she had a tabme and to meet her there. The entire west side of the park was a cluster you know what. She told me at one point the HM line extended all the way to the POTC entrance! After relaxing for about 20 minutes we inched our way to POTC and waited about 20 minutes to ride. The Fantasmic viewing areas were already well occupied by 7:30! After that we decided to head to DCA because the thought of inching our way around DL stinks. We made down a very Time Square on New Years type of crowd on Main and over to DCA by 9pm. We headed to Monsters Inc . but that line was way too long so we left a very crowded MTP area but made it it through without a hitch, good crowd control there. We hit up RSR and after we got off it was 9:55, went to Ghiradelli and had a malt. It was 10:15 now and we headed to the exit with the thought if going back into DL. Those thoughts quickly diminished as the lines reached beyond the center of the Esplanade. Trams were a zoo and we had predetermined that walking back to M&F since it would be much faster.

Cliff notes; it was the disaster that I expected, plus a little more.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast