Disneyland for halloween or Christmas?

Which one is a better theme to visit? I love halloween but is Christmas more special or have more to see and do?

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Disneyland for halloween or Christmas?

We enjoy both, because in our household, both are highly celebrated. There are wonderful touches for the fall and Halloween at the parks and amazing Christmas holiday touches and we find both are worthy. If I had to choose between them, I would go with Christmas, as we have a 7 year old who loves that holiday. You can get a glimpse of Halloween at Christmas with HMH to get a little of that with the Christmas season. With regards to crowds, I would say around Halloween would be a bit less busy then the Christmas holidays, but one some days the park will close earlier for the private parties.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

I am a major Halloween advocate, have been for many years. Halloween at DIsneyland is ok but it is not their strong suit. There is no question that the Mouse does Christmas better than anything else they do. We went on Christmas Eve a few years back & it was a spectacular day and not as crowded as we had anticipated. The few overlays are nice with IASW more than bearable with a well arranged soundtrack of carols instead of the usual soundtrack. The Halloween fireworks are fun but only viewable if you pony up for the hard ticket.
    Avoid the week between Christmas & New Years. Historically it has been the most crowded time of the year. Hands down, Christmas is better than Halloween at the Disney Resort
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• MaliBOOMer

Halloween for me because of one reason, Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy.

Also I am not a big fan of how over the top Christmas is done.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-14-2013 at 11:00 PM.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Avid MC reader since 2005

For me it is no competition. Christmastime at Disneyland is amazing. Halloweentime is meh.

• Minion

I enjoy the Halloween season at Disneyland more than the Christmas season. Yeah, Halloween is pretty cheesy at Disneyland, but Christmas at Disneyland is just too much for me. It's way too over the top and it feels very commercialized to me. I take Christmas very seriously, as I'm a Christian and I'm definitely all about the true meaning of Christmas. In saying that, I prefer Christmas at USH. The feeling is just right there. Being able to hear "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" from someone telling the story and watching the intro of A Charlie Brown Christmas ("Christmas Time is Here") in City Walk is fantastic. It just feels right... I don't get that feeling at Disneyland, though I still visit the parks during the Christmas season (small world Holiday is great).

I definitely prefer Halloween at Disneyland.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Foolish Mortal

Its purely subjective. Christmas time at DL brings back far more childhood memories for me of going to the park every year the day after Christmas.