Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Where do you park??

Mickey and Friends Parking Structure, usually on the Daisy floor

• Minion

This won't work for the OP but I would park in M&F and, assuming I was not on the 2nd floor, walk down one of the stairways to either the second floor and take that (empty) escalator if I'm taking the tram or to the ground level if I was walking to the monorail station.

• Production Designer

In my opinion, Pumba is the best parking spot (when it's available). No trams and no busses. Just a short 10 minute walk at the most and you are there.

• Minion

Question for you DL locals:

DLR has grown a lot since I moved out of California, and when I come to visit DLR, I always stay at the GCH so Im not familiar with the parking situation. However, it sounds absolutely horrid. If you wanted to get to the park by a certain time how much extra time would you have to give yourself? Im really interested to hear peoples accounts of the parking situation because I feel like it would completely kill the magic of DL.

• #bringevilback

I live straight down ball to the west, so it's Sticky and Friends for me unless there's a special event, otherwise it takes longer for me to drive around than what I might save at Toy Story.

I'm also curious to know what exit people get off of for the shortest route to their preferred parking area.

When we go we like to take the carpool exit from the 5N so that we get off on Disney Way. We then check to see if Pumbaa is open. If not we make our way to DTD parking. We like to park if they have theme park parking that day because we usually look at the shops on the way out or like to take the monorail to Tomorrowland. If that doesn't have theme park parking we head to Mickey and Friends.

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

• Evil is Sexy

We take the 5N to the Harbor Blvd exit and then turn right to go to M&F structure. Free parking with my AP level. I've never encounted a long tram wait when we got there, though we frequently arrive at least 30 minutes before the parks open.
    If the tram to the structure has crazy lines, we just walk back. No big deal.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

The last few trips we have been staying across the street and walking across the street. Its much nicer at the end of the night then waiting for a tram then waiting in the structure to get out.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

I normally park at TS since I come from the south and exit Disney Way. I find it MUCH faster to get in, no matter how busy the day. The only downside is that there can be a wait at night to get back if you are right around the time of fireworks and such. M&F is nice because you have that short walk as an option.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Question for you DL locals:

However, it sounds absolutely horrid. If you wanted to get to the park by a certain time how much extra time would you have to give yourself? Im really interested to hear peoples accounts of the parking situation because I feel like it would completely kill the magic of DL.
    I've been parking at Disneyland since the 80s and it doesn't feel any different now than it did then. Instead of parking in a huge sea of cars you're in a parking structure, and then you wait for a tram to the front gate. If you want to walk, you can. It's a hike, but it usually was back then too. I don't think it takes that much more time unless it's a special event which, again, would have been the case back in the big-parking-lot days too.

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    I try to always park at one of the hotels regardless of staying there or not. The cost is the same, if not cheaper. There is too much waiting when it comes to Mickey and Friends. Wait in a line of cars to pay, drive around for a half mile to get to a spot, walk (for who knows how long) to get from your space to the the tram, wait for the tram, "enjoy" the tram ride, and then do it all over again on the way back to your car only to get all jammed up in traffic as soon as you pull out of Mickey and Friends. I'm done with Disney parking.
    I understand the frustration with parking in the structure, but, my friend, you are one of the reasons I pay $12/night at the hotel I usually stay at. They began charging for parking because of the non-guests who would park there and ride the Anaheim shuttle.

Yeah, dealing with parking can be a bit of a pain, but it's a big park, so I try not to let it get my blood pressure up.

i like cruising west on Katella to get to disneyland, turn on disney way, make a U turn on ball rd into the parking structure. I like the structure because you can walk-it or tram- it up! Its also fun to walk to downtown disney and make your way to the structure thru the parking lots. Its an adventure!

• No Disassemble!

For a while we had been parking at M&F up until they started putting the early morning crowd on Minnie's level for all our cars to bake in the sun. Now we use the DTD lot and just get the validation. Our trips typically don't last more than 5 hours anyway.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

For me I have been converted to Toy Story now and what I do is come down 57 get off on Orangewood and head down to Harbor and make a right and just one more right
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by tgdiver View Post
    I understand the frustration with parking in the structure, but, my friend, you are one of the reasons I pay $12/night at the hotel I usually stay at. They began charging for parking because of the non-guests who would park there and ride the Anaheim shuttle.

Yeah, dealing with parking can be a bit of a pain, but it's a big park, so I try not to let it get my blood pressure up.

My main need when it comes to parking is to save time. We get up at 5am to get to the park at rope drop to make the most of our day. And I like to leave before 4pm in hopes of beating the traffic (you are well within your rights to laugh in my face). Sorry about your hotel doing that to you. When I do stay over night I always make sure to book a room that includes parking. I do look at my room as if I cost $15 less then what I paid for it.

I feel like I'm coming off like a impatient cheapskate. Maybe I can just add that there is little to no disney magic in a tram ride or parking spaces and lots that are named after characters. At the same time, maybe, just maybe there is a little magic to slowly walking to the park and seeing everything get a little bigger as you close in on it.
    Last edited by Esteban; 09-15-2013 at 11:56 PM.
    "Nice work, pal"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast