Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• -

Re: Where do you park??

The structure. Every time. It's just so much more convenient coming from the valley. And forget the tram. I walk. Not a hike like some have stated. It's very short and nice to be away from the crowds at the end of the night when everyone is crowding for the trams.
    Last edited by calsig31; 09-18-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Toy Story parking lot. I hate that long line outside the parking structure.

• Disney Philosopher

M&f
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

The only place I will park is the Toy Story Lot. Once we experienced the ease of getting on the bus both to and from DL, we were hooked. Have converted many friends as well who don't even consider M&F as an option anymore.

took the bus from M&F once, didnt like it at all. I much prefer the tram from M&F. We take harbor from the 5N then go to the far right lane to enter the structure. It is consistently the best line.

We usually get there around 30 minutes to an hour after opening and leave by 1 or 2 so we never have a wait on the tram. Very rarely we will come back at night and stay until close. We might have to wait for one tram to pass but can almost always get on the second. It can help to go to the furthest tram waiting area.

Whatever hotel we're staying at....latest was Candy Cane Inn (then take their shuttle to/from), before that was Best Western Stovall's (and then WALK). Like a PP, I feel no magic in parting with $15 to park. Like another PP, I also used to park where the turnstiles to DCA are now.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Disneyland Original '55

I park at M&F and just walk to the resort, unless i'm staying for less that 3 hours then i just park at DTD. If there is a special event, then TS.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    I try to always park at one of the hotels regardless of staying there or not. The cost is the same, if not cheaper. There is too much waiting when it comes to Mickey and Friends. Wait in a line of cars to pay, drive around for a half mile to get to a spot, walk (for who knows how long) to get from your space to the the tram, wait for the tram, "enjoy" the tram ride, and then do it all over again on the way back to your car only to get all jammed up in traffic as soon as you pull out of Mickey and Friends. I'm done with Disney parking.
    They need Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort, but that's probably it's own other thread.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    The only place I will park is the Toy Story Lot. Once we experienced the ease of getting on the bus both to and from DL, we were hooked. Have converted many friends as well who don't even consider M&F as an option anymore.
    Until there's a bullet train from Union Station, THIS.... ^^^^

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    A long time ago I used to park about where the DCA turnstiles were. But that was a LONG time ago.
    Did you ever play "There's my car!" from the Monorail?

We are 3 1/2 hours away and hotel it, usually on site if we can and leave the car in the hotel lot. Only once have I been in the parking structure and taken the tram to the gates.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    The Sticky and Friends structure.

We come from the North, so the easiest is the M&F. The carpool lane practically has it's own entrance. With 3 small kids still of stroller age, we have a double and single B.O.B. Add the stuff we take to make our day in the park smooth, there is NO WAY I am breaking those things down to get on a bus (or tram) so we always walk. M&F is closer walking, especially because we like to shop in in Downtown Disney a bit after leaving the park.

If for some reason we are not comming from the North, I will always drive up and around in order to park in the structure. One time we ended up in Timone and Pumba when my kids were smaller, and they thought we had lied to them and were not at Disneyland because we had not gone into the structure.

I just wish there was more than 2 elevators at M&F. I mean COME ON, a structure that holds 10,000+ cars many of which bring small children in strollers, and you have 2 elevators.

And I remember as a kid playing "Where is my car" from the monorail too!!
    Last edited by dragondad; 09-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The structure. Every time. It's just so much more convenient coming from the valley. And forget the tram. I walk. Not a hike like some have stated. It's very short and nice to be away from the crowds at the end of e night when everyone is crowding for te trams.
    This. The walk isn't very long at all.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Mrs. J. Depp

The one time I decided to park in the Toy Story lot it took me nearly an hour from the time I parked to the time I arrived at the security tents. Such a mistake. The buses don't hold nearly as many people as they should and they take a while in between, plus they have to navigate through traffic. I always always park in Sticky and Friends because it's a quick exit off the Ball Road exit. It's like the "back way" and the trams are continuous and efficient or it's just a quick walk to the parks. Last time though we were redirected to whatever the lot is next to Paradise Pier and that was a nice little walk, not too bad at all.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Say Cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    A long time ago I used to park about where the DCA turnstiles were. But that was a LONG time ago.
    Wasn't that great? I have vivid memories of that. Just park. And walk 20 or so feet and boom! Inside of the park. *sigh* (of course you'd have to get there pretty early for that)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast