• Disney Geek wannabe

Leaving out for Disney tomorrow, and an apology from a long time lurker!

Hello,
    I'm sure the regulars on this board have seen me pop up out of no where and start commenting on topics with out introducing myself. I apologize for that, I am a long time lurker and have gained so much knowledge and information from all the helpful people here so I want to say thank you.

I wanted to share my excitement with you all, my family and I leave for a week stay at Disneyland tomorrow! We are flying this time out of San jose into SNA. We usually just drive the 5 hours but wanted to mix it up with an airplane trip. I have to say I do not like this idea of being with out a car this time and I am a bit nervous. My husband and I turned the big 30 this year and craved adventure and crazy choices (we are the boring working class no life types) however, with a 2 and a half year old and committed employment; adventure and crazy choices were not an option. My husband and daughter share a birthday in February and we have gone the last two years for their birthday and fell in love with Disneyland and its magical atmosphere. In April, my 30th birthday came and we traveled down to Anaheim for what I thought was a 2 day trip. My husband surprised me with season passes!!! The adventure and Crazy choices we wanted make came way of Disneyland; this place has fulfilled a lot of desires and given us such amazing memories. we are staying from Monday to Saturday the longest length of time we have been, We are staying off site at the Hilton convention center and bringing along a Friend who is going to watch Miss sweet cheeks for us one afternoon so we can have time in the park as adults. So with that being said, Does anyone have any suggestions on what adult only fun their is to do? We are looking forward to riding rides together for the first time, we usually have to do the riders swap.

Thanks everyone I am so looking forward to being in at my second home!

(I wish I could figure out why my profile picture isn't loading)
    “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
    A.A. Milne

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: Leaving out for Disney tomorrow, and an apology from a long time lurker!

I support your decision to be crazy and adventurous! Got to live life to the fullest right?

Well, sounds like you're going to have an awesome trip this week. I was just telling my family that I really miss going to Disneyland after being an APer for two years and going whenever I want. I envy you!

Hope you and your family have fun! As for adult things to do at Disneyland... well, I hear Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar is quite popular among adults! I believe it's right outside of the DLR hotels. You should check it out!

And if you're talking about your avatar, here's how you can set that up. Near the top of the page, go to 'Settings' and then find 'Edit Avatar'. From there, you should be able to set your avatar to show up whenever you post something on MiceChat. Hope that helps!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Welcome to MiceChat!

You're going to have a great time, especially being at the park for that long! There are plenty of things for you and your husband to do when the little one is being watched. In DCA, the Cove Bar (located near Ariel's Grotto on the pier) is a nice place to have a drink and snack on some grub. I recommend the lobster nachos! Also, like KiMcHeEfOrLiFe said, Trader Sam's is really fun and a totally unique experience. If you can't get a seat inside, see what the wait is - it's rather small and fills up pretty quick, but if the wait isn't too bad it's worth it. It's located between the Disneyland Hotel towers next to the pool.

You should also be sure to check out World of Color in DCA or Fantasmic! in Disneyland. There are also special dinner packages you can do with both of these shows that you and your husband might enjoy!

We are happy to meet you and hope you have a wonderful time. Dobby asks that, if you should have a carnitas angus burger (or even SEE one!) please think of him.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Welcome to MiceChat.

Perhaps your profile picture needs to be resized.

It depends on what you like to do. Trader Sam's is a nice quiet place for a drink, or you could use the time to ride non-child friendly rides (Space Mtn., etc.) together instead of one at a time.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Do be sure to stop by or just hang the day with the MC Noon hub meetup. You get meet Dusty and Fishbulb and a lot of other people on the site. You will never know who's coming and its always and adventure on Sundays.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

For some couple's time together, I'd recommend the Grand Californian Lobby and order drinks from the bar. Hang out by the fireplace. It's not a loud place nor a totally quiet place either. Just a nice place to chat and drink and snack.
    Be sure to get acquainted with the Infant Centers. You'll be spending diaper changing times there as well as some restful times for your child and yourselves.