Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Laughing Last..

Red Face Disneyland, California Adventure, downtown Disney, and guilty pleasures.....

What would you consider a guilty pleasure? Merriam-Webster defines it as :something pleasurable that induces a usually minor feeling of guilt, a personal pleasure that induces a minor feeling of guilt.
    What is your Disney Resort guilty pleasure? I'm not talking about the obvious, dole whip, churro while on a diet, etc... What we need here is that which you truly get a personal enjoyment from taking part in (keep it CLEAN you bunch of deviants) but really wouldn't want to share with those in your everyday lives. I'll start with the Tiki Room. Being a fifty something male, working in a testosterone laden workplace, the normal conversation shifts to sports, cars, etc.. but I do enjoy the Tiki Room. It's an engineering marvel and really nice entertainment. Who's next?
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Disneyland, California Adventure, downtown Disney, and guilty pleasures.....

The fact that I am at the park a few times a week would probably get me some level of grief from coworkers. Like you OP, I also work in a testosterone laden environment. They don't take to kindly to things that aren't sports/cars/overall dude stuff related. I enjoy that stuff too, but I also enjoy Disneyland.

• Evil is Sexy

Re: Disneyland, California Adventure, downtown Disney, and guilty pleasures.....

Apparently - going to Disney without any kids. I can't believe the amount of people who give us the "Why do you two always go? Disneyland is for kids" speech. In reality, I feel bad for them, that they have to miss out on enjoying the parks because they think so negatively of them.

Real guilty pleasure? Hmm.. Talking in character with the characters. I always get a kick out of doing it.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

I haven't been in a testosterone-laden room for years and can only feel sad for those of you trapped in them; my guilty pleasure, visiting alone, is going on a single ride as many times in a row as I want to...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Minion

Little Mermaid ride at DCA. I know people don't like it here, and I have criticized it myself in the past, but I can't resist the 5 minute wait most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post

Real guilty pleasure? Hmm.. Talking in character with the characters. I always get a kick out of doing it.
    Hahaha, that's awesome!

• Laughing Last..

Red Face Re: Disneyland, California Adventure, downtown Disney, and guilty pleasures.....

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Little Mermaid ride at DCA. I know people don't like it here, and I have criticized it myself in the past, but I can't resist the 5 minute wait most of the time.
    Yes, I can agree, the 5 minute wait does make it irresistable doesn't it? And the nice cooling effect of going underwater makes it quite enjoyable too.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Apparently - going to Disney without any kids. I can't believe the amount of people who give us the "Why do you two always go? Disneyland is for kids" speech. In reality, I feel bad for them, that they have to miss out on enjoying the parks because they think so negatively of them.
    If my kids wouldn't disown the wife and I, we'd totally love a trip without them. We never really went anywhere together before we had kids, so we don't know what it is like, but we did get a few-hours kid-free on our last trip, and it was remarkable.

Next time I go to Tampa on business I WILL go to WDW, but I won't feel guilty about it.

• Disney Philosopher

Downtown Disney guilty pleasure...we "buy" a table at the jazz kitchen and sit there all night. Expensive but worth it, makes Club 33 seem cheap.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Mrs. J. Depp

If I had a guilty pleasure I'm sure it would involve eating a Monte Cristo. I feel guilty just thinking about it.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Mouseke-Awesome

Taking selfies with the characters, hahaha. It's something I've just started as my own little tradition. You don't know how many offers I've received (from CM's and strangers alike) to take pictures for me. I just smile and say "thank you, but I got it covered!"

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

•   

Eating whatever I want without worrying about the calories or nutritional value (or lack thereof). Monte cristo....mint julep....cheese pretzel...popcorn....churro....ice cream..... (and that's just breakfast)

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Eating whatever I want without worrying about the calories or nutritional value (or lack thereof). Monte cristo....mint julep....cheese pretzel...popcorn....churro....ice cream..... (and that's just breakfast)
    I totally feel ya there! For me, calories don't exist at Disneyland

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Dole pineapple whip at the Tikki Room. Coffee and cake watching the fireworks. Riding with the wife instead of one of the kids. Goofy's Kitchen I love eating there and really enjoy the characters visiting the table. Making a mad circuit around the park at closing getting in one more round of as many rides as possible. In other words lots of guilty pleasures.

I think that Ladybug Boogie is ridiculously fun.

Oh, and it's not necessarily AT the parks, but I love watching that free Disney planning DVD that you can order off the website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast