Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• formerly very helpful

Re: Could THIS work?

As much as I truly loved CBJ, and miss it, at this point I'd rather see a brand new animatronic musical theater show made. I think this location would work perfect for that, though.

There is room back there for a new ride building. Not a ton of room, but enough for a small Fantasyland-style darkride.

Name:  CritterCountryExpansion.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  201.8 KB

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    True, but I wouldn't consider the Mansion to be a benign, child - oriented ride the same way Pooh or, say, Dumbo, are. Even though some preschoolers love the Mansion, I daresay some are scared senseless by it. The same is probably true for Pirates because of the skeletons and the loud noises.
    Those would be in the minority. Casual observance in line for the ride will allow one to see preschool-aged children in them all the time.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Singing Drinker

I'd LOVE this. Would not suggest the same show - it'd have to be a new show for a new audience.

Oddly enough this would most likely mean taking the music back to the original roots rather than the poppier format they used on the originals.

But yes. I love this idea and want to cuddle it.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Those would be in the minority. Casual observance in line for the ride will allow one to see preschool-aged children in them all the time.
    I was terrified of Pirates and the Mansion as a young child.

And yes you may see pre-school aged children in line, but maybe once every 100 guests or so. You'd find about 1 in 4 guests queuing for Dumbo are pre-school aged.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I'd LOVE this. Would not suggest the same show - it'd have to be a new show for a new audience.

Oddly enough this would most likely mean taking the music back to the original roots rather than the poppier format they used on the originals.
    Interestingly, that's another thing people bring up every time a revived CBJ is brought up. People may not remember this, but the music currently in CBJ (at WDW, that is) is consisted of songs popular at the time. Today, they're considered classics. But if they were to literally "re-carbon copy" the same attraction today, people wouldn't be as excited if the songs were the same old, same old.

Something that an attraction such as Star Tours II holds is that it has "re-ride ability". You can go on twice and not have the same thing every time. If the same were done with the Bears, then it could work, but with different songs. The order of appearance would have to stay constant due to the turntables that the four side stages share.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I would love the have the Bears back. It was great to see them again when I went to WDW two years ago. Critter Country seems to be the best fit for them. It would be fine with me if that worked out!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    Interestingly, that's another thing people bring up every time a revived CBJ is brought up. People may not remember this, but the music currently in CBJ (at WDW, that is) is consisted of songs popular at the time. Today, they're considered classics. But if they were to literally "re-carbon copy" the same attraction today, people wouldn't be as excited if the songs were the same old, same old.

Something that an attraction such as Star Tours II holds is that it has "re-ride ability". You can go on twice and not have the same thing every time. If the same were done with the Bears, then it could work, but with different songs. The order of appearance would have to stay constant due to the turntables that the four side stages share.
    I don't know if you'd need to do completely separate shows - Tiki Room is still hanging on with a shortened version of the original - but I definitely concur with updating in general.

The show I saw as a kid wasn't the show there when it opened, and it wasn't the show I saw as a teenager. The updates were... variable... but the fact that it kept being updated IMO is part of what the draw was.

Part of why I think a return would go 'roots' is the state of Country music these days. It's fragmented into a billion different styles (not the place for a debate on quality - this is the effect time has on any musical style once established an popularized {omitted: near doctoral level essay on sociological changes to established trends [extra brackets inserted because I'm enjoying it]}).

By going back to an... er... "older" style that's become the equivalent of "classic", it should help to keep the show going as well as provide a near endless font of public domain music... and licensing SUCKS.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    and licensing SUCKS.
    *cough cough* Christmas Special *cough cough*
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    *cough cough* Christmas Special *cough cough*
    More addressing the hoops and payments that have to be gone through for copyright protected materials vs. public domain - it's pricey and I can't imagine licensing a given song for an attraction with a potential lifespan in the decades is cheap. Going PD would free up a considerable chunk of development and production revenue for use in other ways.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post

And yes you may see pre-school aged children in line, but maybe once every 100 guests or so. You'd find about 1 in 4 guests queuing for Dumbo are pre-school aged.
    Thanks - that was my point exactly.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    There is room back there for a new ride building. Not a ton of room, but enough for a small Fantasyland-style darkride.

Name:  CritterCountryExpansion.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  201.8 KB
    It wouldn't even push out that far, thought I'm not sure how much space CBJ in WDW takes up. Not to mention that our CBJ was a flop (in terms of attendance) simply because of the double capacity theaters.
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    I would love the have the Bears back. It was great to see them again when I went to WDW two years ago. Critter Country seems to be the best fit for them. It would be fine with me if that worked out!
    Frontierland seemed to be an ideal location at first (given that it was in both Frontierlands in WDW and TDL), but with us, Critter Country is ideal anyways. Pooh should've just stayed in Fantasyland in the first place.
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post

You came up with these numbers how? Haunted Mansion and Pirates are perfectly child appropriate with a parent at their side. Went on both of these when I was only 3 years old; they became my favorites by age 5 and remain to this day. The parents that don't take their children on these are only denying them of memories they can cherish for the rest of their lives. When you experience these two attractions at a young age, they unlock the true potential of a child's imagination.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 09-17-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12