Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Red Face Could THIS work?

If you have followed my last few posts, I have gone into a full-on nostalgic trip with the Country Bear Jamboree. This show was a great escape while I waited for a couple years to experience Splash Mountain. Well I recently posted on the topic that if the Bears did come back, where would they go? One suggestion that came up was one that I easily overlooked. The solution was simple: take out a bit of the stores in Critter Country and expand beyond.

SO....I actually took a few minutes out of my day and drew up this...
    Name:  CBJ Plan..jpg
Views: 614
Size:  141.2 KB

Could this work? Your thoughts?
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Minion

Re: Could THIS work?

good idea, then I would have more reasons to go into Critter Country other than for Splash Mountain

The older I get, the more interested I am in finding a reason to sit down in an air-conditioned theater and hear bad puns...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    The older I get, the more interested I am in finding a reason to sit down in an air-conditioned theater and hear bad puns...
    Same here...better that than go through a mediocre ride of a more merchandisable character.

It won't work because CBJ is over at Disneyland. I would rather see them tear down the current Winnie the Pooh attraction and do a Hundred Acre Wood and Pooh attraction (aka the Tokyo DL version) and use as much space as needed.

If they wanted to bring back CBJ in some form they can turn the Hungry Bear Restaurant into Golden Horseshoe type venue where you can eat and watch the bears perform.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    It won't work because CBJ is over at Disneyland. I would rather see them tear down the current Winnie the Pooh attraction and do a Hundred Acre Wood and Pooh attraction (aka the Tokyo DL version) and use as much space as needed.

If they wanted to bring back CBJ in some form they can turn the Hungry Bear Restaurant into Golden Horseshoe type venue where you can eat and watch the bears perform.
    I like your idea as well.

I would rather another darkride go in that spot. Bambi would fit the theme, and also provide another attraction for the stroller set on that side of the park.

It's always struck me that they put a Pooh ride that would be a huge draw for the pre-school set way over by itself in a corner of the park that is dominated by rides that are somewhat age restricted. The closest ride to Pooh that is friendly to 3 year olds is maybe the Tiki Room, or even the Castle FL darkrides. That's a long walk back there past Indy, Pirates, HM, and Splash for just one ride.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    It's always struck me that they put a Pooh ride that would be a huge draw for the pre-school set way over by itself in a corner of the park that is dominated by rides that are somewhat age restricted. The closest ride to Pooh that is friendly to 3 year olds is maybe the Tiki Room, or even the Castle FL darkrides. That's a long walk back there past Indy, Pirates, HM, and Splash for just one ride.
    ITA. I think Pooh would be super popular if it were in Fantasyland or Frontierland but when it's the only little-kid friendly ride in that side of the park, parents may or may not want to bother with the long walk.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    No, please, no...the Hungry Bear is one of those quiet oases in the park that need to be preserved.

• No Disassemble!

Only if they could build it underground would it work as a show building would block a major road that all backstage vehicles use. If they knocked out the festival arena it could fit there easily, but not necessarily in the right land.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    No, please, no...the Hungry Bear is one of those quiet oases in the park that need to be preserved.
    After the current state of everyone with the Court of Angels, I think this is a solid point.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    The closest ride to Pooh that is friendly to 3 year olds is maybe the Tiki Room, or even the Castle FL darkrides.
    You are forgetting the mansion, Pirates, the island, and the canoes. None of them have height restrictions and one can even take their infants on them.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• And Dad was my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    ha! love this.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    You are forgetting the mansion, Pirates, the island, and the canoes. None of them have height restrictions and one can even take their infants on them.
    True, but I wouldn't consider the Mansion to be a benign, child - oriented ride the same way Pooh or, say, Dumbo, are. Even though some preschoolers love the Mansion, I daresay some are scared senseless by it. The same is probably true for Pirates because of the skeletons and the loud noises. Most parents with preschoolers probably spend a lot more time in the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland/Toontown side of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    True, but I wouldn't consider the Mansion to be a benign, child - oriented ride the same way Pooh or, say, Dumbo, are. Even though some preschoolers love the Mansion, I daresay some are scared senseless by it. The same is probably true for Pirates because of the skeletons and the loud noises. Most parents with preschoolers probably spend a lot more time in the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland/Toontown side of the park.
    Yes, while they have no technical restrictions, lots of parents avoid taking the really little ones on Pirates & HM due to both the length of the rides, and the scary/dark atmosphere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast