Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• -

Re: "Planes" have been added to Soarin

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    Or at least the queue safety video...
    If this really is true, it's pitiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    It's already there. I saw it last week.
    Cool. Thanks for sharing. Now I know where I can get some Planes shirts for my kids.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I haven't seen Planes and I do understand that it isn't so great. But all of you guys are over reacting. I dare you guys to think of a blander or more boring video in the parks (outside of pure safety spiel) then the now old 'words flying in the sky at you' video that they had before this. Soarin is likely my favorite attraction. There was nothing at all special about that video. They might as well throw Planes in some place if it can pep things up a little. With or without the planes, the new video looks better. Maybe I will feel a little differently once I see it for my self. I hope not, but if this a snow ball starting to role down a hill...then you are all correct and I am soaringly mistaken
    "Nice work, pal"

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    I haven't seen Planes and I do understand that it isn't so great. But all of you guys are over reacting. I dare you guys to think of a blander or more boring video in the parks (outside of pure safety spiel) then the now old 'words flying in the sky at you' video that they had before this. Soarin is likely my favorite attraction. There was nothing at all special about that video. They might as well throw Planes in some place if it can pep things up a little. With or without the planes, the new video looks better. Maybe I will feel a little differently once I see it for my self. I hope not, but if this a snow ball starting to role down a hill...then you are all correct and I am soaringly mistaken
    Everything you said was valid. It's minor, I just really dislike that movie movie and the fact it gets dedicated space inside Soarin' is disturbing.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-16-2013 at 01:26 AM.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• And Dad was my hero.

huh. boring AND unattractive. great.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
    Why am I beginning to think that Michael Colglazier is going to be another Paul Pressler...
    I don't know why people think Pressler's days ever actually ended. The vast majority of his philosophy regarding the Disney theme parks was never done away with just because the parks became cleaner.

It's because of stuff like this that I continue to think we should wait out the Iger era before deciding to make any more changes to the Disneyland Resort (like adding rides and stuff).

Three years is a small gamble for hoping the next CEO will be more responsive to building unique ideas and keeping historical significance. The current route is basically death by a million cuts.

•   
    • Artistic integrity

Is the infrequent run of "Planes" flying across the pre pre-speil an over reaction? Yes & No.

In of itself ... no biggie.

NOW ... in the context the way the corporate heads are INSISTENT to making the theme parks more, and more, and more of a place to cross promote their canon of animation and live-action films -

YES!

It is a big deal !!

Soarin' being one of few original attractions in all of DCA ... now has to have it's preshow section have a "Planes" subtle tie in.

It's overkill with a big "O".
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Surf's Up!

I clicked on the thread thinking "it can't be that bad" then saw the first post explaining it was in the pre-show... "ahh it should be ok" says I. Then I pressed play. *shakes head*

And then to top it off I see that billboard (in post #26)... *facepalm*

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• The doctor is in

I called this when Planes came out and posted a thread about it. It's inevitable and just gives me more reason to never go on Soarin' again.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I called this when Planes came out and posted a thread about it. It's inevitable and just gives me more reason to never go on Soarin' again.
    This makes no sense. Yes, it’s an abomination. Yes, it is completely unnecessary and adds nothing to the ride. But to not ever ride the thing again because of it?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    This makes no sense. Yes, it’s an abomination. Yes, it is completely unnecessary and adds nothing to the ride. But to not ever ride the thing again because of it?
    I'm not a fan of Soarin' to begin with. What I mean is the inclusion of Planes just gives me more reason to not endure a ride that I don't even like. Usually I will tolerate it if someone I'm with wants to go on it, but I think that time has passed.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    While I'll go on it.....I really don't even want to enter the parks because of stuff like this....Carsland is an Ad but a tasteful ad

But this....I pay 100 bucks or more for a ticket to watch this crap? To have to see the logo put in an area that to me was one of the better themed area's in the park but now...i have to be reminded of the crappy spin off of a crappy movie? I just wish Disney could make light references to its good movies like they did with Buena Vista Street

I can't...urgh.

• I'm from Canada eh!

It's not that big of a deal, but is really poorly done. I don't approve, but I'm far from a boycott.

And planes was not bad at all...

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    I am also one of those who hasn't seen Planes yet and I wish to believe that I'm also pretty open minded. I clicked this thread with no judgement, saw the extent of the Planes 'overlay' was only restricted to the pre-show, and thought to myself, 'oh that's a cute idea.' The video was cute at first, but got incredibly ANNOYING when the planes kept showing up what seems like every 5 seconds. I would've been fine with the whole thing if it was a subtle add on. Maybe having the planes show up like a total of three times, just enough for the guests to be like, 'wait, did you see that?' and keep them wondering and watching if they actually saw a plane from Planes fly by. But the way it was done, it just seems like Disney is trying to shove Planes in our faces. It just wasn't well done, IMO.
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 09-16-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast