Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Results 151 to 165 of 165
  1. #151

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    106

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    You are way over rating the popularity of TRON. It is virtually non-existent in most average ordinary people's minds. Doesn't mean they couldn't make a solid attraction with TRON as the theme, but that applies to virtually any film Disney has every made. TRON and Star Wars are not even remotely in the same stratosphere in terms of popularity. For the most part TRON gets a collective yawn from most people in terms of how passionate they are about the films, while STAR WARS is entrenched in American Culture. Again, not arguing which IP might fit better, but the argument definitely can't be to use TRON because its so popular, because it most definitely is not.

  2. #152

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    32

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    These are somethings I'd like

    Remove the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and replace it with Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars, which is currently in Hong Kong Disneyland. There's probably not enough room anyways, but I'd love to have this in the park. Also, the hotel is located near it.
    Name:  250px-Big_Grizzly_Mountain_Runaway_Mine_Cars.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  32.9 KB
    If they decide to remove the Muppets, move to Critter County in Disneyland. Either do the same 3D film or make a live Muppet show that includes different jokes and sets, but ends with the characters performing the Rainbow Connection.

  3. #153

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    But the Muppets don't fit the Critter Country backwoods theme at all.

  4. #154

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    You are way over rating the popularity of TRON. It is virtually non-existent in most average ordinary people's minds. Doesn't mean they couldn't make a solid attraction with TRON as the theme, but that applies to virtually any film Disney has every made. TRON and Star Wars are not even remotely in the same stratosphere in terms of popularity. For the most part TRON gets a collective yawn from most people in terms of how passionate they are about the films, while STAR WARS is entrenched in American Culture. Again, not arguing which IP might fit better, but the argument definitely can't be to use TRON because its so popular, because it most definitely is not.
    That can't be overstated

  5. #155

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    955

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    You are way over rating the popularity of TRON. It is virtually non-existent in most average ordinary people's minds.
    Kind of like Avatar. But that didn't stop Iger.

  6. #156

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    106

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    I can't stand Avatar and don't want to see it in the parks, but I'm not sure we can compare Avatar , the highest grossing film of all time, to TRON. IMHO, the problem with Avatar is that the story and characters are completely forgettable and not deserving of theme park attractions.

  7. #157

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    77

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    I'm not saying that Tron is overwhelmingly popular. I meant to say that it was very easy to create a very cohesive/ immersive space with the given theme. I would think Disney would have implied that for Tomorrowland, in my opinion. Also, it doesn't really matter about movie popularity. In that case, we wouldn't have gotten Carsland.

  8. #158

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,636

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    Quote Originally Posted by Nland316 View Post
    I'm not saying that Tron is overwhelmingly popular. I meant to say that it was very easy to create a very cohesive/ immersive space with the given theme. I would think Disney would have implied that for Tomorrowland, in my opinion. Also, it doesn't really matter about movie popularity. In that case, we wouldn't have gotten Carsland.
    Cars is one of the biggest selling product lines in history. Disney Consumer Products makes billions of dollars a year off Cars merchandise.

  9. #159

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    77

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    I'm speaking from a movie standpoint. Merchandise sales aside.

  10. #160

    • Not the Hawkguy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    610

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    Cars is still incredibly popular as an IP, which matters more than just as a movie.

  11. #161

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    106

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    For the bottom line, it is FAAAAAARRRRRR more important. Not that it's my first choice, but I'll be shocked if we don't have a Woodys Roundup land at Big Thunder Ranch in the next 10 years.

  12. #162

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,606

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    But the Muppets don't fit the Critter Country backwoods theme at all.
    Unless it was just centered around Kermit the Frog in the swamp.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  13. #163

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    77

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    Let's just hope that Disney makes the wisest choice so that everyone is somewhat pleased. They're more than capable of it. It's funny how they're announcing all of California's attractions in Tokyo. I could already see the jealousy!

  14. #164

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    I don't detect jealousy of CA attractions cloned in Tokyo.

    Envy for DisneySea, absolutely.

  15. #165

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Unless it was just centered around Kermit the Frog in the swamp.
    Or Kermit could wear a cowboy hat and take over Frontierland?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] The Lucky Friday the 13th report (no pictures)
    By techskip in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 08:27 PM
  2. Claribella's Friday the 13th Halloween Treat Report
    By clara in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 10:35 PM
  3. Happy Friday the 13th
    By Crazy Legs in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 11:25 AM
  4. Friday the 13th at the DLR!
    By ALIASd in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 08:41 AM
  5. "Friday the 13th" 25th Anniversary
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 08:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •