Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

• Sock Puppet

Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

You are way over rating the popularity of TRON. It is virtually non-existent in most average ordinary people's minds. Doesn't mean they couldn't make a solid attraction with TRON as the theme, but that applies to virtually any film Disney has every made. TRON and Star Wars are not even remotely in the same stratosphere in terms of popularity. For the most part TRON gets a collective yawn from most people in terms of how passionate they are about the films, while STAR WARS is entrenched in American Culture. Again, not arguing which IP might fit better, but the argument definitely can't be to use TRON because its so popular, because it most definitely is not.

Re: Al Report: Friday the 13th, DAS Update, Parking Situation Update, Monstroplis, an

These are somethings I'd like

Remove the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and replace it with Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars, which is currently in Hong Kong Disneyland. There's probably not enough room anyways, but I'd love to have this in the park. Also, the hotel is located near it.
    Name:  250px-Big_Grizzly_Mountain_Runaway_Mine_Cars.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  32.9 KB
    If they decide to remove the Muppets, move to Critter County in Disneyland. Either do the same 3D film or make a live Muppet show that includes different jokes and sets, but ends with the characters performing the Rainbow Connection.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

But the Muppets don't fit the Critter Country backwoods theme at all.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    You are way over rating the popularity of TRON. It is virtually non-existent in most average ordinary people's minds. Doesn't mean they couldn't make a solid attraction with TRON as the theme, but that applies to virtually any film Disney has every made. TRON and Star Wars are not even remotely in the same stratosphere in terms of popularity. For the most part TRON gets a collective yawn from most people in terms of how passionate they are about the films, while STAR WARS is entrenched in American Culture. Again, not arguing which IP might fit better, but the argument definitely can't be to use TRON because its so popular, because it most definitely is not.
    That can't be overstated

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    You are way over rating the popularity of TRON. It is virtually non-existent in most average ordinary people's minds.
    Kind of like Avatar. But that didn't stop Iger.

• Sock Puppet

I can't stand Avatar and don't want to see it in the parks, but I'm not sure we can compare Avatar , the highest grossing film of all time, to TRON. IMHO, the problem with Avatar is that the story and characters are completely forgettable and not deserving of theme park attractions.

I'm not saying that Tron is overwhelmingly popular. I meant to say that it was very easy to create a very cohesive/ immersive space with the given theme. I would think Disney would have implied that for Tomorrowland, in my opinion. Also, it doesn't really matter about movie popularity. In that case, we wouldn't have gotten Carsland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nland316 View Post
    I'm not saying that Tron is overwhelmingly popular. I meant to say that it was very easy to create a very cohesive/ immersive space with the given theme. I would think Disney would have implied that for Tomorrowland, in my opinion. Also, it doesn't really matter about movie popularity. In that case, we wouldn't have gotten Carsland.
    Cars is one of the biggest selling product lines in history. Disney Consumer Products makes billions of dollars a year off Cars merchandise.

I'm speaking from a movie standpoint. Merchandise sales aside.

• Not the Hawkguy

Cars is still incredibly popular as an IP, which matters more than just as a movie.

• Sock Puppet

For the bottom line, it is FAAAAAARRRRRR more important. Not that it's my first choice, but I'll be shocked if we don't have a Woodys Roundup land at Big Thunder Ranch in the next 10 years.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    But the Muppets don't fit the Critter Country backwoods theme at all.
    Unless it was just centered around Kermit the Frog in the swamp.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Let's just hope that Disney makes the wisest choice so that everyone is somewhat pleased. They're more than capable of it. It's funny how they're announcing all of California's attractions in Tokyo. I could already see the jealousy!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I don't detect jealousy of CA attractions cloned in Tokyo.

Envy for DisneySea, absolutely.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Unless it was just centered around Kermit the Frog in the swamp.
    Or Kermit could wear a cowboy hat and take over Frontierland?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011