• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Park hopper tickets?

A friend of mine is going to DL for the first time, she lives in Northern California. She told me that she was going to get a 3 "3day hopper pass" from a online non Disney web page. (Google discount park hopper tickets) and a ton of web sites come up. How do these places work and are they legit.

Last year when I went I got my tickets at Costco so there was no question they were good. I also know about a year or so ago Disney cracked down on reselling of hopper tickets. I told her I would have questions on places that sell like this, but I REALLY DON'T HAVE A CLUE.

She has not given them any money at this point. and the savings would be $15.00 per ticket.

I told her I would ask what the real scoop is on buying tickets from places like this, SO ANY INFO WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Re: Park hopper tickets?

You know there has been some crack down on people selling fake tickets on Craig's list so not sure how legit these places are. I have a hair dresser who told me she had some relative that could get me tickets at a discount (cheap)..I just kind of raised my eyebrows and wondered about that..she went on to say he worked there..but would have to come and get me at the gate..all very odd but I just wonder if there are people who work there that get tickets that either don't use them and scalp them or perhpas if you buy in bulk like Costco or AAA and can resell them..but I think DL puts a limit on the discount.

Personally I just passed on the offer from my hair dresser and prefer to rely on AAA or Costco rather than risk the chance of something not being kosher.

• Hooterville, USA

I wouldn't take any chances with online discounted tickets. My wife sees them every day at DL and the people get turned away after spending their money on them. It's not worth the trouble to save a couple bucks when you've driven down and paid $15 for parking, only to be told that you have to go home empty handed.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Don't do it! I don't know anything about that site, but a majority of the "discount" park ticket sites are scams, especially now that Disney is cracking down so heavily on ticket fraud. Saving some money isn't worth getting to Disneyland and finding out you can't get in.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Do you know if she is going through getawaytoday.com?

Its not a Disney site but it is a safe site to use for a small discount on tickets. I believe the deal they have right now is everyone goes at the kids price and they do financing options as well.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Disney Philosopher

there are a ton of scams, fakes and illegaly gotten tickets ou there. DL deals with them everyday. Absolutely not worth the risks or losses you wil experience. No matter what ANYONE says there are no SUPER deals on DL passes PERIOD.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Tony Baxter Fan Club

Agree.
    Buy directly from Disneyland...either online, or at the ticket booth before you enter the Park.

I hope she has a great time at her first visit to the Happiest Place On Earth !

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Figments Friend View Post
    Agree.
    Buy directly from Disneyland...either online, or at the ticket booth before you enter the Park.

I hope she has a great time at her first visit to the Happiest Place On Earth !

So, online.
    No need to get into another line. Already four lines before one gets into Disneyland:
    1. Parking.
    2. Tram
    3. Security.
    4. DL.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."