Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: One more GAC thread

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Working with an insurer we were informed that agencies that compiled information would be (if investigated) found under the third class -
    That is nothing more than legal 'CYA' position vs being required to do so. Classic 'we will be paranoid' defensive posture... a move often combined with people willing to sell you services to ensure you are compliant

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Essentially it comes down to whether keeping and using protected medical information transforms the mode of business enough to qualify it as a HIPAA-covered organization.
    Sure.. but is anyone really going to argue evaluating admission media is going to transform TWDC from being a theme park company into a medical processor? No way. It is made very clear that simply having personal records does not make you covered under the laws.

Disney does it for the same reason they don't accept ideas/suggestion feedback... a complete plausible deniability defensive stance due to the aversion to any legal challenges because of the size and high profile of the company.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

What about their First Aid operations? I am absolutely certain Disney would have to have some type of HIPPA compliance measures in place for that. I am sure they keep medical records on who goes in too which would require them to be HIPPA compliant in that regard.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    What about their First Aid operations? I am absolutely certain Disney would have to have some type of HIPPA compliance measures in place for that. I am sure they keep medical records on who goes in too which would require them to be HIPPA compliant in that regard.
    Yes, but as in the same case as schools - your requirement for HIPPA controls 'over there' do not reclassify your entire organization. I encourage you to read the link provided about schools.. it addresses that very topic.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

the mobile forums are confusing to me so I'm not sure if I'm quoting properly, but YES YES YES to the poster who mentioned scrutiny from people re: invisible illnesses. a million times yes. it's horrible and embarrassing. I have tons of health issues that make it impossible for me to visit Disneyland without the GAC, and I'm not visibly ill. I feel embarrassed as hell that people look at me and think I'm just another person abusing the system. and now that the new system is almost in place, I have no idea how I'll visit the parks. I had the pass to go through alternate entrances to avoid sun (i am extremely heat intolerant due to some health problems and medications) and to keep me from standing for terribly long at one time (chronic pain). ugh. sorry for the rant.

Because it is a pet-peeve of mine and virtually everyone here keeps getting it wrong...

HIPAA contains 1 'P' and 2 'A's.

Thank you, now back to your regularly scheduled squabbling over a policy not (yet) in place.

• The doctor is in

Invisible illnesses or general disabilities are not the issue, imo. It is those who pretend to have said illnesses to obtain a GAC. If you do have a so-called "invisible illness" and obtain a GAC honestly then good for you for not abusing the system and enjoy your day at Disneyland and don't be embarrassed. For those who pretend, shame on them.

Again, the new GAC policy will not prevent people from obtaining the card itself. It just changes the line policies. If you can't stand in the sun for long periods of time, bring something to cover yourself up or wait in a shady spot or indoors until you can return to ride what you have the pass for. If you have chronic pain find a space to sit and relax. I don't see the difficulty but that might just be me.

I personally have anxiety and pain issues that can be severe at times. Have I ever obtained a GAC? No. Technically I could, but why not? I know my limits, recognize when I need breaks, and take other precautions because I know my own body and I don't consider myself disabled enough to need any special accommodation.
    I'm not belittling those who obtain GAC's and legitimately need them, I'm just saying people don't seem to recognize when they are actually necessary which is where it borderlines abuse. This is why the policy was updated and people just need to accept that.

/rant
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456