Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Disneyland Sept 2013 Trip Report with surprise proposal!

Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    When we got to the 6th floor, he went to the concierge and "checked in" for dinner. I asked him, "Napa is on the 6th floor?" I had no clue as I've never eaten there. Then someone comes over and takes us to a door leading out to a patio. On the patio is a table for two, with flowers, two kissing Mickey's, wedding pins and a picture signed by Mickey. Also, was a Tuxedo ear hat with the words Marry Me? and the date. Yeah, I lost it. I hadn't expected this from him at ALL.......because I was planning my own proposal the same weekend, proposing to him at the wishing well, where we committed ourselves to one another 7 years ago. I also had ears ordered a month ago, that said "Marry Me?" on them. How in the heck did we both have the same idea on the same weekend? Needless to say, he beat me to the punch and well, we're engaged. After an amazing meal with our own personal waiter (these are called Sweetheart Dinners that Disney offers I think?) the parks were closed so we walked around DTD and called it a night. ...
    Congratulations! Sounds like a magical experience, and more magic to come with the dream wedding.

Tell me more about the Sweetheart Dinners. Can't find much on them since 2009. How did he book it, and what was the cost?

re: Disneyland Sept 2013 Trip Report with surprise proposal!

Very sweet, Congrats to you both!

Can't wait to see some wedding pix!

Re: Disneyland Sept 2013 Trip Report with surprise proposal!

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Congratulations! Sounds like a magical experience, and more magic to come with the dream wedding.

Tell me more about the Sweetheart Dinners. Can't find much on them since 2009. How did he book it, and what was the cost?
    Thank you everyone! It was quite the trip that we both won't ever forget. We've already started planning and on pinterest like crazy so we have all our ideas ready for our December trip to talk to the coordinator.

Whoever, the Sweetheart Dinner was done through Vacation Planning. He said that many people he talked to didn't know what it was or who to contact. He finally got a direct number: 714-300-7526 option 2...you have to give them your reservation number as he said this is only offered for those staying at the resort. There are various places to have the dinners. It's pricey. It's $150 per person for a really nice 3 course meal and bottle of champagne. We also were given special pins, photo, flowers, and anything else that might be special for your particular celebration such as anniversary, engagement, etc.

Congrats, to the both of you. What an amazing proposal. Just like everyone else I can not wait to see the wedding pics and hopefully bits of planning along the way.

• formerly very helpful

A warning. A marriage proposal can often result in being married!! jk

Seriously, congratulations!! I got engaged at Disneyland and it has always been extra special.

I do have to say that this is one of the finest collection of photos from Disneyland that I've seen in a long time.

Shame on me for hardly ever posting, but I just couldn't resist on this one.

Congratulations to you both!! I love the whole sweetheart dinner with the Mickey ears and the tuxedo mickeys. It's almost too cute for words.
    I can't even image how gorgeous the wedding will be!

• Mrs. J. Depp

CONGRATS!!! What a romantic and special trip. Best wishes to you both and a lifetime of Disney happiness
    The photo taken from Casey Jr. is marvelous!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Congratulations! May your life together continue to be beautiful.

These are some great images! I especially like the shot of the Red Car Trolley in the 'morning mist.'

http://www.facebook.com/christopher.allred2
    Feel free to add me. I love getting to know new people.

Well, I really hope you will take the time to share with all of us the planning process for your wedding. I don't think anyone has ever done that before. What a wonderful resource this would be, if you'd start a thread and update it every month or so and fill us in on the planning process right through to the wedding and all the pictures.

I know that is a lot to ask and it's a personal thing for you, but I think it would give people so many ideas about what they could have themselves. And it could be a nice virtual scrapbook and memory for you years later, to come back and read everything about the planning process.

It would be fun for us to follow you two on your planning journey and celebrate with you online as the date arrived.

Congratulations and please consider sharing the planning process with us! I'm curious how Disney sets this stuff up and what is offered and how much it would be. I'm already married and my sons are so young it's a long time before they would get married, but still I guess I just really love weddings.

That is so AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I got chills reading this. Love the kissing Mickey's!!! Congrats and we can't wait to see photos of the Disney wedding next year

• Elk Grove Chris

Great story, great photos, congrats.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    Well, I really hope you will take the time to share with all of us the planning process for your wedding. I don't think anyone has ever done that before. What a wonderful resource this would be, if you'd start a thread and update it every month or so and fill us in on the planning process right through to the wedding and all the pictures.

I know that is a lot to ask and it's a personal thing for you, but I think it would give people so many ideas about what they could have themselves. And it could be a nice virtual scrapbook and memory for you years later, to come back and read everything about the planning process.

It would be fun for us to follow you two on your planning journey and celebrate with you online as the date arrived.

Congratulations and please consider sharing the planning process with us! I'm curious how Disney sets this stuff up and what is offered and how much it would be. I'm already married and my sons are so young it's a long time before they would get married, but still I guess I just really love weddings.
    I agree! I would love to hear about your planning journey. I read many of them on Disboards and its always so interesting to hear how everything is dealt with and what the outcome is!

So so so much CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Proposals always make me tear up, but you guys really got the waterworks going! You two really seem meant for each other! Good luck and Happy Wedding Planning!!!!

Congrats! That is so sweet how your partner arranged the sweetheart dinner. Love all of the great pictures too.

Thank you so much everyone. I'm so glad you've all enjoyed the report and have enjoyed the photo's. I take so many so I can get good shots and probably delete half of them. lol My partner reminds me every time, that I have 200 photo's of the same thing back home when I'm snapping pics at the parks.

As far as the planning goes, I'd be more than happy to start a Wedding Planning thread. It's a little over a year away, so not sure when I should start. We will have our coordinator assigned here soon, get a website and be able to start the process. December, we have our first in person meeting with them, and then again 3 months before for tastings, final decisions, etc before the big day.

What do you think is a good time to start the thread? Once we have our first meeting?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast