Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

re: Disneyland Sept 2013 Trip Report with surprise proposal!

Also, for those wanting to see all 650+ photo's from the trip, you can check out my flickr site:
    Disneyland Sept 2013 - a set on Flickr

• formerly very helpful

Just a word of warning about planning a wedding. A year goes FAST. Get started planning ASAP. And be prepared for everyone to have an opinion. But don't forget who's wedding it is. Those are the two opinions that matter most.

• Silent Lucidity

Great trip report, contrats to you both. Your pics are terrific!

Congrats to you both! Can't believe both of you had the same idea for a proposal! Clearly you two were made for each other. Good luck in your DREAM wedding planning!

Also, where is this photo from? It's beautiful.
    9794789535_2bb2f3b557_z.jpg

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

• I'm from Canada eh!

Great pics and Congrats! Looks like you gys had the park to your selves!

Quote Originally Posted by JDisneyB View Post
    Congrats to you both! Can't believe both of you had the same idea for a proposal! Clearly you two were made for each other. Good luck in your DREAM wedding planning!

Also, where is this photo from? It's beautiful.
    9794789535_2bb2f3b557_z.jpg
    That was taken at the Tinkerbell meet and greet at night when it does the light and music show ever so often.

And yes yes at times this trip it felt like we had the place to ourselves. At park opening we like to let everyone rush past us and we linger to take photos.

Re: Disneyland Sept 2013 Trip Report with surprise proposal!

Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    Thank you so much everyone. I'm so glad you've all enjoyed the report and have enjoyed the photo's. I take so many so I can get good shots and probably delete half of them. lol My partner reminds me every time, that I have 200 photo's of the same thing back home when I'm snapping pics at the parks.

As far as the planning goes, I'd be more than happy to start a Wedding Planning thread. It's a little over a year away, so not sure when I should start. We will have our coordinator assigned here soon, get a website and be able to start the process. December, we have our first in person meeting with them, and then again 3 months before for tastings, final decisions, etc before the big day.

What do you think is a good time to start the thread? Once we have our first meeting?
    I think you should start the "Disney Wedding Planning Thread" for the two of you when you feel it is right. It's your thread after all!

But information wise, I think you can start it when you get assigned your planner. Have the first post be about what made you decide to start the process and catch everyone up to the present...and then tell us how you got assigned a planner and then what the next steps will be. And then just update when you have news between then and December when you meet the person in person...and update every so often when you have new decisions made or new things to say.

Treat it like you are sending out a newsletter to friends updating the latest on the planning. I know we are strangers, but I bet a lot of us on these boards would be so thrilled to follow along with the developments.

I actually know quite a few people who are thinking of getting married in the next few years who I can already picture getting a lot of good information out of your anticipated updates on this.

If you decide to do this, it would be so great...but no pressure! Just enjoy the process and let all us readers know any scoop when you can give it to us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Just a word of warning about planning a wedding. A year goes FAST. Get started planning ASAP. And be prepared for everyone to have an opinion. But don't forget who's wedding it is. Those are the two opinions that matter most.
    This advice should be stitched on a pillow or something. It is PERFECTLY said.

A lot of relatives will want to meddle. And they will threaten hurt feelings. Don't let them. And don't be upset if people don't like some of your choices...it is YOUR day, not theirs.

It's touchy, but that also applies to parents if they are paying. Decide on a budget, and don't go over budget...but any choices you make for things within that budget are YOUR CHOICES.

I am not going to get into it here, but my father paid for my wedding. I happen to hate salmon and most kinds of fish. My parents LOVE fish. They bullied me into having shrimp cocktails and then a choice of salmon or filet at my wedding. And they bullied me into having a lot of people I did not want to invite, just because my mother wanted them there to avoid hurt feelings. That was worse than smelling all that salmon all around me in that banquet hall.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have stood up to my parents and gotten the things I wanted to get. Ironically enough, it would have cost much less too because what I wanted was simpler and more "us" in terms of what my husband and I like. We got married in 2000 but our wedding felt like it was 1973. My parents basically planned the wedding they would have wanted back then...if they hadn't been forced to have a 1950s wedding in 1973 because that's what their parents wanted.

You better believe I am breaking the cycle for my sons. I am not meddling in their choices when it comes to things like this. It is my number one goal in life to break that cycle.

• Selfie Expert

I would LOVE a thread about planning! I'm happily married, but ever since I saw the Cinderella carriage this past year I am obsessed with getting a ride in it and told my husband that we are going to renew our vows there someday!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

Don't worry, Kelly. Before you know it your daughter will be getting married and you'll be able to take control of her wedding and force her to have the wedding you always wanted.

Don't worry, Kelly. Before you know it your daughter will be getting married and you'll be able to take control of her wedding and force her to have the wedding you always wanted.

Congrats!!!! How wonderful and magical!

And thanks for sharing the lovely photos!

• Selfie Expert

I'll have it all planned out by the time she gets to kindergarten!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

That's my girl! Keep the cycle going!

seriously, I made the same promise to my kids before they were born that I wouldn't impose what I wanted on their weddings some day. At its best, married life is hard. Let the newlyweds have their day in peace.

What a great trip report, and nice photos -- thanks for sharing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast