Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Infinitized!

Please put the Great Movie Ride in DCA

I would much rather see The Great Movie Ride come to DCA than putting in a ride based on the Incredibles or Cars, or even Monsters Inc. for that matter. If they want a ride tied into the California theme, what better way to do it then with The Great Movie Ride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: Please put the Great Movie Ride in DCA

While I'm all for the Great Movie Ride, always thought it was a good ride, I personally hope that if they bring it to DCA, that they don't use the exact same movies, seeing as how nearly 20 years have gone by since the original was created and that's a lot of movies to choose from in addition to all previous movies not included.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I'd prefer an all-new ride. Sure, the Great Movie ride is good, but I didn't think it was that good.

Besides, I think cloning rides is just starting to become more and more of a bad idea. I heard on another site that Disney is stopping ride cloning and WDI is already working on several all-new projects. Not sure if there is any truth in the rumor though

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Agreed. The Great Movie Ride is well done and features some of Disney's VERY Best AA's - I think the lack of fast thrills or mystery in the ride leave it short of being as entertaining as Pirates or Mansion.

Don't get me wrong I am all for the idea but a ride showcasing Hollywood and it's films whilst remaining timeless really needs to be something special indeed

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I say pack up Florida's "Great Movie Ride", it's had a good 15 year run in D-MGM and it could entertain more guests in California. They have the Tomorrowland Carousel of Progress from DLand so, why not? They could repurpose the Chinese Theater as a Hyperion Florida, and run shows in there. It could go in the Millionaire building or else between Monsters and Hyperion where the Food Court is.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

No no and no!!! I refuse to let that park take a clone!! One that seems to lack what it use to.. Yes it's a good ride, but one ride and your done, it has no repeatibility... I'd rather see something new and innovative!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well, rather than paying to rebuild all those Animatronics, if they moved it to CA they could refurb it and do a couple of new scenes and have the ability to swap out the "actor inclusive" scenes with each new Disney movie. Plus it could exit guests into a gift shop decorated with the latest props and sets a la the El Capitan.

Give it a new run in CA with a fresh story line, and smaller guest vehicles. It could be DCA's "Pirates"/"Mansion".

• ...TWO BITS!

1) Moving TGMR to DCA is a good thought

2) If a TGMR clone was to come to DCA, I'd rather see new and completely different show scenes than what D-MGM has.

3) D-MGM's ride was okay, it wasn't amazing. The trackless ride tech was cool, though . Also the Wicked Witch AA.

4) MasterGracey: "I heard on another site that Disney is stopping ride cloning and WDI is already working on several all-new projects. Not sure if there is any truth in the rumor though"

That's one of the best rumors I've heard in a while

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Disney Prince

Forget TGMR, ask for "Cinemagicque" from DLRP, it's a whole lot better.

• I was deleted.

With all due respect to the Icona area of the Disney-MGM Studios the one and only "The Great Movie Ride" belongs in that theater (not hidden by a huge hat store ) I could see it possibly working at DCA but I would rather it not.

For obvious reasons of SPACE GMR wouldn't work because it really does take up a LOT of space with tram storage, etc. It also houses a LOT of Operation Cast Members (at least 150) which may or may not be an issue for Disneyland Resort Casting.

So good idea... but I wouldn't like to see it happen.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    No no and no!!! I refuse to let that park take a clone!! One that seems to lack what it use to.. Yes it's a good ride, but one ride and your done, it has no repeatibility... I'd rather see something new and innovative!
    Thank you. Yes please dont give DCA any more clones. We dont need any more half baked clones. Yes TOT is cool but it is just less of a ride compared to the one at MGM. Now look at the TOT that they are doing for DISNEY SEA. That one is awesome. I know they had to change the story a bit so Japanese could under stand it better. Please no more clones of attactions. Give us something that is unique.

Besides there is a movie ride already. The real movie ride at USH. I know its not the same but it is "The real movie ride", with sets that were used in real movies. USH backlot is the largest.

In theory, I like the OP's idea, but with a few modifications IMHO.

First, Make it the "Great DISNEY Movie Ride." Plenty of material to draw upon, both animated and filmed. Think Mary Poppins, Swiss Family, plus many of the animated classics that have yet to be honored at Disneyland. And, for God sake, can we please get Mickey and Minnie in there someplace?

Secondly, I personally prefer the boat canal transportation to the large, electric industrial-looking, transport vehicle. Much more relaxing to float than to be driven.

Finally, "86" the narrated driver/hijacking schpiel. Might work at Knott's or the Pondeosa Ranch in Lake Tahoe, but seemed horribly forced and wrong to me for a Disney ride.

• the rum is always gone

I say no more cloned rides. Put all new original rides in DCA. it'll make the park better and will get people to come to the park to experience new rides. If Disneyland can afford to buy Pixar then they can afford to create, develop and build new rides for DCA. Please, no more clone rides. Let's see something original, not something that has been done elsewhere.

• Banned User

you can have a version...

down size it.. maybe even make it so down sized it's like a personal tour.. untill something goes wrong and your caught in a few movies yourself... then your free again by the ending.. omni-mover or whatever would work...

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Don't get your hopes to high, I don't think they'll ever put it in, they had a chance but they ruined it with the Monsters Inc. ride.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast