Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is your favourite ride of all-time? One for Disney, one for non-Disney parks

This can include anything. Disneyland, WDW, Magic Mountain, Knotts, Universal, Six Flags Parks, Sea World, etc. Any theme/amusement park you can think of. What ride is your favourite of all-time? In other words, which ride do you enjoy the most?

Just pick one in and outside of a Disney park. As much as I love the thrill aspect of things with rollercoasters I always appreciate the theming more. Don't get me wrong, I am a rollercoaster enthusiast and make no apologies for it. But if you go to a roller coaster at Cedar Point for example it is thrilling, but you never think to yourself that you are anywhere but a roller coaster. The themed rides that tell a story and transport you into another dimension. So here it goes:

Disney: Pirates of the Caribbean (Disneyland) - Best ride I have ever been on, and the ride I would pick to go on again and again. You can't beat it, it has everything and it is classic Disney all the way. Love it, and will take it over any rollercoaster.

Outside of Disney: E.T. (Universal Orlando) - Very Disneyesque and dare I say, magical. Takes you back to the days of when you first fell in love with this movie. Themed perfectly, couldn't be better in my opinion. You actually feel like you are part of the movie, and the ending with E.T., well I won't spoil it, but what a nice touch.

So there you go, even the thrills of Cedar Point can't top these classics.

• Minion

Re: What is your favourite ride of all-time? One for Disney, one for non-Disney parks

Disney: Haunted Mansion
    Outside: I really like Jurassic Park at USH

• Minion

Re: What is your favourite ride of all-time? One for Disney, one for non-Disney parks

I've got to go for the coasters.

Disneyland: Matterhorn, especially when the Yeti was extremely LOUD and startling.

Outside: Scream (roller coaster) at Magic Mountain. That coaster is big and loopy, but smooth enough to ride over and over and over and over... (Terrible name, though, and the location over a former parking lot, with painted parking spaces on the asphalt still visible, could be better.)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Disney: Haunted Mansion
    Other parks: I'm going to have to go with Universal's E.T. as well.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Disney: Space Mountain
    Outside: the backstage tram tour when it still ran at Universal

Disneyland: POTC before it was pc'd & Depped.
    Outside: The Flying Turns at Riverview Park in Chicago (deceased). It was a unique ride consisting with a number of connected cars which ran free through a wooden trough. I have never seen anything like it elsewhere and not even sure the authorities would even allow something like it to be built today.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gomezaddams View Post
    Disneyland: POTC before it was pc'd & Depped.
    Outside: The Flying Turns at Riverview Park in Chicago (deceased). It was a unique ride consisting with a number of connected cars which ran free through a wooden trough. I have never seen anything like it elsewhere and not even sure the authorities would even allow something like it to be built today.
    Are you referring to something like this?

•   
    • Minion

Disney POTC
    Non Disney Harry Potter and the forbidden journey

• No Disassemble!

Disney: Big Thunder Mountain
    Six Flags: X2 - I have ridden the future of roller coasters and it nearly stole my lunch.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Seed and Mulch

Disney: Horizons
    Other: Universal Studios California Backlot Tour

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Disney: Autopia (already did an appreciation thread on that)
    Non-Disney: Transformers at USH

• revolutionary waltz

Disney: Tie between Roger Rabbit and Haunted Mansion. Haunted Mansion is a classic combination of thematic settings and humorous original characters that continues to impress and entertain. Roger Rabbit, I think, has the best themed line in Disneyland and has a charm to it that's infectious. The ending is a classic gag (although, I will admit bias in that Roger Rabbit is one of my favorite movies of all time). Runner-ups include POTC, Tower of Terror, and Indiana Jones.

Non-Disney: Spiderman at Islands of Adventure. A ride that truly impresses with its synthesis of technology and showmanship, in the mold of many of Disney's classic rides. Runner ups include X2 (Six Flags), MIB (Orlando), and Cat in the Hat (IoA).
    Last edited by TwilitWings; 09-18-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Favourite disney thrill ride is Indy and dark ride is Haunted Mansion. Favourite non Disney is the Superman Escape at Movie World in Australia

Disney: Indy
    Non-Disney: Maverick at Cedar Point

Disney: Pirates of the Carribbean
    Non-Disney: X2 at Magic Mountain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast