Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Monstropolis at DCA

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    They won't go to Tomorrowland, because it's 'dry': no alcohol.
    I didn't realize they were serving alcohol at the dance parties. I didn't know that DCA had booze. I learn something new every day on this forum!

I've only walked through the ElecTRONICa and the Tea Party parties but did not partake in them. I am not a dance or club person. I think they looked really cool though, but I spent all of five minutes walking through. I can see how having the booze available enhances the experience for some people...it's just not my thing.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Or Disney could change their mind and pull the plug on the whole thing. This isn't anywhere near as far along as HP was at the time it was announced.

depending of how much of the muppets area they use for a new building along with the old WWTBAM building, they have a pretty large piece of property for a nice confined coaster. It would be even much more thrilling of they found a way of rebuilding that whole section of the park so that they could have parts of the track moving along the whole land going in and out of city buildings.

Imagine the open air theater turned into an enclosed building and then having parts of a second story section used to hide track for the coaster. This mostly enclosed area would now be the new area to have the night parties. With some reworking of the area the stage can be modified and there would be plenty of space for dancing. bars could be setup at the ends of the structure or other parts of the land.

The old eatery tucked away in the corner demolished and rebuilt to be a new themed Harryhausen's Sushirestaurant with a nice outdoor green area.

That whole section of the park could be turned into a pretty cool looking neighborhood that has slight Monsters Inc references like the photo op they did for the movie release

something like this will blend in nicely with the new look of Hollywood land

monstropolis - Bing Images

for references of what the new Monsters Inc land could look like all we have to do is see videos of the Monsters ride in Tokyo

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Monstropolis looks like New York. Or Gotham. Not any place in California. Certainly not Hollywood.

i know that it looks more like a neighborhood in the east coast but it would definitely fit with its surrounding especially since right now we have bland stage buildings and a monorail beam.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

"Fit" in the sense that architecturally, you're putting buildings next to buildings.

But you're suggesting putting in a cartoonish New York style city into Hollywood Land.

Try as they might, nobody can explain how this is plausible or how it will enhance the storytelling that you're stepping back into 1930's Hollywood Blvd.

If it's NOT part of HOLLYWOOD LAND, then it's a new land, one that should fit the CALIFORNIA theme, which it doesn't do either.

While I agree with CaliforniaAdventurer that Monstropolis is ridiculously out of theme (the ride that's there is lots of fun in my opinion and one of my favorite dark rides [despite it's thrown together nature to cover up Superstar Limo], but has been out of place since it's inception), I'm really looking forward to the possibility on the door coaster of a 'monstrous' hybrid system that would just be outstanding from a coaster fan perspective. Looking at all the different types of coasters that are out there, the door coaster sounds to me like it would be a (possibly dueling) standing inverted spinner. That's just nuts.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Thank you. If it goes in, despite my protests, well... grab me a fast pass!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    I think you are being a little too harsh when you say it's "just internet speculation" or "rumors". It's more than that. I think I would call it "unannounced plans" at this point.
    Until Disney makes an official announcement and rides are closed and ground is broken, it is still just speculation. Plans can change at any time. Every rumor sounds like a sure thing at one point, but until it is made official, it is still a guess as to whether it will happen or not. A few months ago, an Iron Man ride was a sure thing. Before that, an Avengers ride was being fast tracked.

There are rumors and speculation and then there are things that are more solid than that. I think we've reached a point with Monstropolis at DCA where we can safely say that the Door Coaster is an unannounced project that's coming there.
    I haven’t seen any sign yet that this is more than mere speculation. Again, nothing has been announced nor has anything closed.

This reminds me of how Universal started building the Harry Potter expansion down in Florida but didn't announce it...or the Simpsons area there. But, they were actually building the steel skeletons and people would say "it's just a rumor" about what was going there. No, it was further along than "rumor"...it was actually being built but just not announced. Still, some sticklers insisted "it's just a rumor".
    If there was construction going on, I might agree. However, as mentioned no ground has been broken.

I think that's silly. While we don't yet have actual construction of Monstropolis I think we'll see some in October 2013. This is all being fast-tracked since Cars Land has just blown away all of the expectations and projections for demand and attendance. Something is going to happen with Monstropolis so it's much more than "internet speculation".
    Where has this officially been listed as being “fast tracked”?

I would call any talk of what's coming to Tomorrowland at Disneyland "internet speculation and rumor"...because those projects are so far off that anything can happen and nothing is certain. But Monstropolis is much, much, much more solid than "internet speculation and rumor".
    I would put the monsters thing in the same boat as this.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I really hope this doesn't happen.

Monstropolis sounds cheesy. I wish Disney would stop making lands themed around ONE cartoon (Cars works IMO because it's set in a place that exists in real life, in California). It feels gimmicky, even though they would be putting lots of $$$ into it I assume.

True Disneyland is a bunch of seperate lands and not just one overall theme, but the lands are all general. Notice it's Fantasyland not Cinderella Land or Peter Pan Land...

Maybe they should just make Pixar Backlots rotfl, but build it anew and not destroy the current Hollywood area. It's not perfect the way it is, but I don't think it needs to be filled with Pixar. I'd like to see more creative / authentic theming.

Disney seems to want to keep having dance parties so it's smart to have an area for that. Maybe the villains party should've been in that area.

Im not 100% sure how the Mad T party fits into the theme, besides the whole underground rave thing. Hollywood is known for parties... Even if they took out the Alice In Wonderland theme, they could make it idk a swanky themed "party" area. I do enjoy the Mad T Party though and hope it sticks around a bit.

Is there even room for a dueling coaster around there? Unless they are constructing Monstropolis anew and not inside of the current Hollywood I don't think they could or would make a large or thrilling coaster.
    Last edited by RoseRed; 09-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    It's not perfect the way it is, but I don't think it needs to be filled with Pixar. I'd like to see more creative / authentic theming.
    Sorry. Disney Management cannot allow that unless there is a movie tie-in. If it does not promote existing properties - it will not be considered.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12