Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monstropolis at DCA

So with the newest Disneyland update mentioning the go ahead to install Montropolis what will happen with Mad T Party? It seems to have been very popular lately.
    I really enjoy the new Halloween songs they have now. (Whoever thought they would ever play a Metallica song at Disneyland resort?) Will they retheme it to Monsters ball or still keep it as the popular Mad T Party it is now?

• -

Re: Monstropolis at DCA

It's all just a rumor at this point and I hope it doesn't come to fruition, but if they put Monstropolis in CA Adventure where it has no place being, it will also probably mean the end of the street parties.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

If and when Monstropolis comes to DCA, I think it's safe to assume the Mad T Party will be no more. The whole point of these dance parties was to get people in one of the least populated areas of the park. If a new land is put there, nothing like this will be needed.

To which I say: Good riddance.

i would miss the dance parties. i hope they find a new place to host them

• Down Pluto!

Monstropolis dance party over at Monsters U?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• MaliBOOMer

I really hope the Monstropolis plans die. It sounds horrible. I don't see how they would make a thrilling door coster. I would assume it would be a suspended coaster, and I don't see them making it very exciting if it's themed to Monsters Inc. If it does come into being, I would hope it would be something close to Silver Bullet at Knotts or Batman at Magic Mountain, two of the best suspended coasters ever. Extremely unlikely, but I can dream.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

I can't imagine Disney building anything remotely nearl the thrills of those two rides. I figure it'd be a nice gentle coaster the thrill mostly being the dips and suspended elements. Maybe a few speeder spaces here or there. I kinda imagined a door coaster suspending guests in a manner closer to Tatsu than Batman. But don't know how that'd work with Disney's primary customer base.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Future Imagineer

Actually Monstropolis is on route to be announced at the Tokyo D23 expo next month, and potentially new tomorrowland.

• Sock Puppet

I really have a hard time believing they would go to the other side of the world to announce an attraction for DLR. I wouldn't look for that to happen. Also,if the Miceage article is correct and Monstropolis won't debut until 21017, then there is no rush to announce anything.

• The doctor is in

My guess if Monstropolis actually happens is that the dance parties with either move to the new area and be Monsters themed, will move to Tomorrowland and be Star Wars themed, or will discontinue altogether.

I still haven't seen Mad T Party, but I did really love elecTRONica. In a way I doubt they would move it to Disneyland because of the money they make with alcohol sales. Only DCA has that privilege.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Actually Monstropolis is on route to be announced at the Tokyo D23 expo next month, and potentially new tomorrowland.
    Disney has not made any comment on what they will be announcing. This is still just internet speculation.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Monstropolis dance party over at Monsters U?
    Depending on what they do with Monstropolis, if they did want to continue the parties they could build a frat quad like area and have the dance party there in Monstropolis. But the Tea Party theming would go away I am sure.

Personally, I wish they would put some TRON stuff in Tomorrowland and bring ElecTRONica back there. That really felt like a futuristic lounge and club. With all the neon and lights it would make Tomorrowland beautiful...and have a reason to be there other than going on Space Mountain.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They won't go to Tomorrowland, because it's 'dry': no alcohol.

• Singing Drinker

I used to be kinda against the dance parties, but finally just came to accept they're just not my thing and that's about it.

There's been some form of dance party at Disneyland since the '50s. They've been themed, unthemed, big name, no name, sponsored, plain, every variation on it.

*shrug*

As to Monstropolis going in back there? I am definitely a member of the cohesive theming > piecemeal and VERY definitely a member of Mike & Sully > Superstar Limo. I'm ok with losing the "everything related to California" entirely and going with a collection of themed, internally cohesive lands as long as they keep producing Carsland level additions - Disneyland's golden age was based around that theory, should work for DCA as well.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Disney has not made any comment on what they will be announcing. This is still just internet speculation.
    I think you are being a little too harsh when you say it's "just internet speculation" or "rumors". It's more than that. I think I would call it "unannounced plans" at this point.

There are rumors and speculation and then there are things that are more solid than that. I think we've reached a point with Monstropolis at DCA where we can safely say that the Door Coaster is an unannounced project that's coming there.

This reminds me of how Universal started building the Harry Potter expansion down in Florida but didn't announce it...or the Simpsons area there. But, they were actually building the steel skeletons and people would say "it's just a rumor" about what was going there. No, it was further along than "rumor"...it was actually being built but just not announced. Still, some sticklers insisted "it's just a rumor".

I think that's silly. While we don't yet have actual construction of Monstropolis I think we'll see some in October 2013. This is all being fast-tracked since Cars Land has just blown away all of the expectations and projections for demand and attendance. Something is going to happen with Monstropolis so it's much more than "internet speculation".

I would call any talk of what's coming to Tomorrowland at Disneyland "internet speculation and rumor"...because those projects are so far off that anything can happen and nothing is certain. But Monstropolis is much, much, much more solid than "internet speculation and rumor".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast