Reasoning Behind Soarin's Queue Music Selection?

I'm not sure if this question was asked before, but it just popped into my head. I was listening to a compilation of the different musical tracks used in Soarin' over California's queue on YouTube, and after a while of listening and reading comments, I found out where they came from.

A lot of the tracks originated from the soundtracks of movies and television shows, mainly the orchestrated ones with a lot of power. Some of the tracks I heard make a lot of sense, especially given the context of the ride. The theme from the movie Air Force One, the original theme from Battlestar Galactica, the theme for the movie Apollo 13, the movie theme to The Rocketeer, and the track "Cody's Flight" from the movie The Rescuers Down Under all play in the queue. All of them have to with flight or travel in their original source material's context, and that translates nicely into the theme and idea of Soarin's queue.

Then there are some tracks I don't understand as to why it's in the queue at all. The themes and music from Hook, Band of Brothers, Street Magnolias, and Medicine Man all play in the queue as well. I must admit, they sound pretty and are almost indistinguishable from the rest if you don't know their original source. But this selection doesn't make as much sense as the previous ones. The previous musical selections all have ties to a movie (Or a scene in the movie) that has to deal with flight or the idea of traveling by air. The second selection was just picked because they sounded pretty. I mean, I have no complaints to it, since I find the entire Soarin' over California queue soundtrack relaxing, beautiful, and powerful as a whole, but it was just a minor question that graced my mind while listening to the queue music.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• film975

Re: Reasoning Behind Soarin's Queue Music Selection?

One of my favorites that I love hearing is the Last Starfighter theme.

•   

You answered your own question:

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    I must admit, they sound pretty and are almost indistinguishable from the rest if you don't know their original source....I mean, I have no complaints to it, since I find the entire Soarin' over California queue soundtrack relaxing, beautiful, and powerful as a whole...
    The music was chosen because it felt right, simple as that.

• Minion

Probably because the sound of those tracks helped set the mood they wanted, and it didn't matter where they originally came from.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Probably because the sound of those tracks helped set the mood they wanted, and it didn't matter where they originally came from.
    I'm also pretty sure there's a sense of humor at play in some selections. The "Blazing Saddles" theme song was (is?) part of the rotation in Frontierland for years. Nearly tripped and fell over the first time I heard it.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    One of my favorites that I love hearing is the Last Starfighter theme.
    Me too.

• Certified in everything

I think you answered your question in your post. They probably originally looked at tracks that scored flight scenes, and then subsequently looked for tracks that embodied the tone they had already uncovered with the flight soundtracks.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

I would say Band of Brothers still fits , Its about a parachute infantry regiment.