• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Looking for Plaza Pavillion info

When I was in the park Sunday for the first time in some years, I saw that the Plaza Pavillion (where I first worked in the Park) is now being used solely for character shows, pin trading, and I guess AP processing.
    I was talking with a CM about a possible Tahitian Terrace return but he said he thought that the Pavillion complex kitchen (which had served both restaurants) had to be taken out.
    Anyone have any info? I'd appreciate it. Also if anyone knows how I can get in touch with Alan Crowder, who is now a "sous" chef at the Plaza Inn, please PM me. He and I used to work together in the New Orleans Main Kitchen.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Looking for Plaza Pavillion info

Last year they tried out "The Noodle Station" where the Plaza Pavillion used to be. Every day they'd say they were going to open there was some sort of problem so it took forever for it to finally open. THEN once it did open, nobody ate there. What do noodles have to do with Tomorrowland anyway? So I guess they just closed it down.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Splangaroo
    Last year they tried out "The Noodle Station" where the Plaza Pavillion used to be. Every day they'd say they were going to open there was some sort of problem so it took forever for it to finally open. THEN once it did open, nobody ate there. What do noodles have to do with Tomorrowland anyway? So I guess they just closed it down.
    Are you sure you're talking about DL and not WDW because Pavilion hasn't served food (not counting the cookie baking thing there now) in quite a number of years. I remember hearing about some noodle station thing in WDW. And Plaza Pavilion at DL is right at the end of Main Street, on the other side of Plaza Inn from Tomorrowland.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

the plaza pavillion kitchen is completely gutted. I know because I've been in there. And if you want to talk to alan, you can always call disneyland and ask to be transferred to a plaza inn manager, or alan himself. He has his own line I believe.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arilvdc
    the plaza pavillion kitchen is completely gutted. I know because I've been in there. And if you want to talk to alan, you can always call disneyland and ask to be transferred to a plaza inn manager, or alan himself. He has his own line I believe.
    Thanks for the update. BTW...how has the loss of the Pavillion Kitchen affected the Aladdin restaurant? Would they need to rebuild if the Tahitian Terrace were to return, as so many in another thread seem to wish, including me? BTW, since this is in the DLR forum, I am of course referring to the California park.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Thanks for the update. BTW...how has the loss of the Pavillion Kitchen affected the Aladdin restaurant? Would they need to rebuild if the Tahitian Terrace were to return, as so many in another thread seem to wish, including me?
    That's what I wanna know, too, because with the coming closure of Bengal BBQ, I'd hope that they would once again consider reopening the TT, and I'm sure the justification would be even stronger if the old kitchen was still intact.

• done

Thanks for the update. BTW...how has the loss of the Pavillion Kitchen affected the Aladdin restaurant?
    Aladdin has been a storytelling location and not a restaurant for many, many years now, so the closing of the Pavilion kitchen is irrelevant in that respect.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well Aladin's storytelling can take place outside the Hyperion Theater. Bring back the Tahitian Terrace.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Aladdin has been a storytelling location and not a restaurant for many, many years now, so the closing of the Pavilion kitchen is irrelevant in that respect.
    Thanks again for the update...without a central kitchen, though, wouldn't it take a major project to bring back the Terrace? (Which I hope happens?) BTW...the pineapple spears they used to sell ( don't think they still sell em) at the Tiki Juice Bar were sliced and packaged in that same kitchen...

• done

BTW...the pineapple spears they used to sell ( don't think they still sell em) at the Tiki Juice Bar were sliced and packaged in that same kitchen...
    Unless things have changed in the last month, you can still get pineapple spears at the Tiki Juice Bar.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Unless things have changed in the last month, you can still get pineapple spears at the Tiki Juice Bar.
    Apparently it was "my bad". Thanks for the correction.

• Hooterville, USA

Agreed. DL needs restaurants with themes. Too bad about Bengal Barbque.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.