Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Down Pluto!

Re: New level of Annual Pass

No. That would upset the entire DL experience.
    No, I wouldn't.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    How many tickets dedicated to these would need to be accounted for, and how many "normal" guests that would otherwise attend would be blocked out?
    0. Implement a reservation system that is tied to the party ticket system. If this special passholder makes a reservation for the party, then they are granted access and one ticket is effectively "sold." If they want, they should be able to make the reservation at a ticket booth (as a normal guest would, if they wanted to make a last-minute decision to go) and if there's room, they get in.

I think the concept of jumping to the front of the line for tons more money is elitist. If you want to rent the park out (someone mentioned Mariah Carey), then ok go for it. But it's not fair for the rest of us peons to let AP holders have front of the line privilege so the rest of us can wait even longer -- on typical Disneyland open to the public days.
    Last edited by Goatboy; 09-21-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain View Post
    I would spend $1k a year for an annual pass, that was never blocked out, included all parties and special events and was an instant front of the line anytime, anyplace. How about you?
    club 33 sort of has this. 10K/year for 4 people including disneyworld, plus 40 extra 1 day parkhoppers and 6 vip tours, plus 6 automatic fast passes (cant remember the number)

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    I think the concept of jumping to the front of the line for tons more money is elitist. If you want to rent the park out (someone mentioned Mariah Carey), then ok go for it. But it's not fair for the rest of us peons to let AP holders with front of the line privilege so all of us can wait even longer -- on typical Disneyland open to the public days.
    Anybody can buy the VIP tour. Minimum of 6 hours for the tour at like $300-350/hr. Get 10 people together and it may just be reasonable given the benefit granted.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    0. Implement a reservation system that is tied to the party ticket system. If this special passholder makes a reservation for the party, then they are granted access and one ticket is effectively "sold." If they want, they should be able to make the reservation at a ticket booth (as a normal guest would, if they wanted to make a last-minute decision to go) and if there's room, they get in.
    The statement was for a pass that included access at any point to any party - putting in a reservation system that allows for others to also join in for a "fair shot" at a ticket would remove the "any party" part of the pass and install blockout dates. By terms stated you'd have to assume 100% participation by "platinum" levels and work from there.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Clearly $1K would be way too low a number because there pretty much is already the $1K "everything" annual pass without any front of the line privileges and that is the Premier Passport for DL and WDW at the now whopping $979 price. For anyone who plans to go regularly to WDW and buys into that pass, it is well worth $100 extra to pay for the WDW Tables in Wonderland add-on card available only to WDW annual passholders and FL Residents which provides 20% off at all the WDW resort hotel restaurants and at many locations inside the WDW parks-- including 20% off alcoholic beverages and free valet parking in conjunction with a meal. When I come back to Disneyland, I often wish I could use my Tables in Wonderland card to obtain a 20% discount at Napa Rose, just as I do at all the restaurants and lounges in the Grand Floridian.
    Last edited by Royal Street; 09-24-2013 at 12:35 PM.

I am a Premier passholder and my understanding is there are very few of us that have this pass which I find interesting since Many of the bloggers visit both WDW and DL. The last time I was at WDW I had several CMs not recognize the card and had to fight to get some of the discounts. i agree with the others that the price would have to be a lot higher since we don't get a lot for that pass in my opinion.

• Of Two Minds, or More

No. I have a premium pass right now. I don't care enough about parties, special events or the front of the line. If I am interested in the special event, I'll shell out the extra $$ for it. So far, that's been one event in five years.

• Minion

No. With a Premium pass I was able to go enough that lines were a non-issue. On slow days with no lines I'd ride the big rides -- instant FOL.

I want a 6-month pass so I can go during Spring and Summer since I'm not interested in the cold months or the holiday makeovers. If the pass prices keep going up it might happen.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    They'd probably have to be closer to Club 33 prices, which I believe start around $20K.
    And even at Club 33 prices, members don't get those perks...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by txdisney View Post
    club 33 sort of has this. 10K/year for 4 people including disneyworld, plus 40 extra 1 day parkhoppers and 6 vip tours, plus 6 automatic fast passes (cant remember the number)
    Your numbers are slightly off. $11000.00 = 4 Premier passes, 50-1 day park hoppers, 5 - 8 hour VIP tours, and 6 instant fastpasses (per day) if the FPs aren't out.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Introducing that kind of pass would only escalate the negative sense of entitlement that several APers possess today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    At that price, many hundreds of thousands of So Cal residents would buy it and insist on their right to use it whenever they want. Disneyland would become a virtual private party for them, with everyone else stuck in standby.
    Sound exactly like what has already happened. Started with FastPass...
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

Wait, were arguing entitlement for a perk these theoretical pass holders theoretically paid for? And here I thought the war is against the passes not the pass holders

But seriously, no I would not support such a pass. Like many have said too low a price for something that would need to be rigorously regulated and limited. But a fan pass of sorts that got you special priority to fan related events like the ones we have and more would be cool. Bundle it with a magazine subscription, some news letters and a couple of private events and I could see this being very popular. Love the idea of it OP except for the front of the line pass. And at that price I think you would need to include a bit more than just guaranteed spots at event. Something else and exclusive would be necessary.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast