Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney Philosopher

Thumbs up New level of Annual Pass

I would spend $1k a year for an annual pass, that was never blocked out, included all parties and special events and was an instant front of the line anytime, anyplace. How about you?
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: New level of Annual Pass

That price seems far too low given what people already pay for some of the Annual Pass options.

• Singing Drinker

I wonder if something like this would wind up with a Club 33 style waitlist?

Premium AP's already up there close to this figure - I could easily see a surge to the next higher pricepoint and a need to limit the amount of high-end passes to avoid overbooking the closed-ticket events before a single ticket's been sold.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain View Post
    I would spend $1k a year for an annual pass, that was never blocked out, included all parties and special events and was an instant front of the line anytime, anyplace. How about you?
    I would not. Sounds like a tremendous waste of time, money, and energy. However, the returns will vary according to the individual's happiness.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Former Churro Jockey

The instant front-of-the-line anytime is the problem. They would have to severely limit the number of passes that the sold if it offered this benefit. On a day like last week with Friday the 13th, you would expect the majority of those passholders to all show up on the same day, and then you'd have a real problem. So either it would have to not be unlimited so that they could make sure that all the passholders didn't show up on the same day, or it would have to be a lot more than $1K so that only a small amount of people could afford to purchase them. They'd probably have to be closer to Club 33 prices, which I believe start around $20K.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Senior Minion

^ What Big D said. $1K a year for an instant-front-of-the-line-anytime pass would result in an instant log jam. At that price, many hundreds of thousands of So Cal residents would buy it and insist on their right to use it whenever they want. Disneyland would become a virtual private party for them, with everyone else stuck in standby.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I wonder if something like this would wind up with a Club 33 style waitlist?
    Since there is not the extremely limited capacity issue of Club 33, I don't see why this would happen.
    Now, if AP's were actually like Club 33, in that there was a very low number of them (say, 10000 or so), and if there was some exhorbitant initiation fee just for the privilege of purchasing them annually, then I wouldn't have to rant about the AP program.

Of course, there is the option of turning the whole resort into a Club 33-like destination. How much would that be worth?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Since there is not the extremely limited capacity issue of Club 33, I don't see why this would happen.
    Now, if AP's were actually like Club 33, in that there was a very low number of them (say, 10000 or so), and if there was some exhorbitant initiation fee just for the privilege of purchasing them annually, then I wouldn't have to rant about the AP program.

Of course, there is the option of turning the whole resort into a Club 33-like destination. How much would that be worth?
    It's this part:

never blocked out, included all parties and special events
    How many tickets dedicated to these would need to be accounted for, and how many "normal" guests that would otherwise attend would be blocked out?
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post

Well, Disney has talked about the 3rd gate being a boutique style theme park that is richly detailed and includes highly personalized experiences a la Discovery Cove, so perhaps we'll find out one day. Discovery Cove is somewhere around $350pp right now, and I believe they limit their tickets to 1000 guests per day.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

There is no way an unlimited pass with entrance to all private events and immediate front of the line entry would work for only $1K.

Waaaaay too many people would buy it and if 100 people all show up to Indy for front of the line privileges that would mean some people would still be 100 people back. Also, that would render Disneyland basically an AP holder only park so they would have to charge an exorbitant amount of money per pass to make a profit.

• Mistress of Evil

I don't think they are going to let anyone crash Mariah Carey's (or insert other celebrity name here) wedding for a mere 1K....on top of everything else you are throwing in the mix.

• Minion

Hell, I'd spend $1k a year for that too! But if a pass such as that ever existed, it would be nowhere near that cheap.

•   
    • Minion

you can already get FOL for Disneyland isn't it vauled at 1800 a day or whatever the plaids cost?

• really is a small world

That is practically what Club 33 already is. The Gold membership also includes 6 VIP tour guides throughout the year that can be used for the entire day whenever they want.
    Welcome to DisneyDose.com. We write about the latest in Disney news, views, and reviews. Come check us out.

We recently spent 3 Epic hours in Disneyland and went to Club 33, had a private elevator in the Haunted Mansion, and rode all of our favorite attractions. Read all about it!

"It is kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast